What's new

The Coffee House

Coffee black and slightly below scalding hot.
 
Depends on the coffee for me. I like very strong coffee with some whole milk in the morning (cream is too heavy for me) - though oddly, I drink espresso black. If it's restaurant or diner or gas station coffee, it's usually so thin that the milk overwhelms it, and I drink it black.

Stopped having any kind of sugar or sweet flavors in my coffee way back in college. If I had coffee with 4 sugars in it, I'm afraid I would have to spit that right out. I wouldn't even have control over it. My throat would just close up and reject the foreign substance. ;)
 
Good news: I realized one of my photos is a finalist in the local newspaper's annual local interest calendar contest.

Bad news: I haven't been paying attention, and voting opened over a week ago!

I posted it here awhile ago...it's a finalist for the month of December. This is looking up at our version of main street.

Evening Exit

Can we vote somewhere?

Here -- you have to register though...I'm not sure if they send spammy e-mail though (I don't think that they do...)

Contests - theday.com - New London and southeastern Connecticut News, Sports, Business, Entertainment, Video and Weather - The Day newspaper
 
Snapchat-2005810743.webp
@Braineack

I figured there's been enough time to process (mentally) now...how'd that wedding of yours go?
Went well. Still no chance to think and collect myself. I made mistakes but think they be happy with the shots I give them. Currently on vacation so I'll process the images next week

22254702_10104617217411346_8837027846414173046_o.webp
 

Attachments

  • Snapchat-1534598884.webp
    Snapchat-1534598884.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I used to stop at a White Castle near work if I was desperate... one of those days - rainy, cold, went for a visit and nobody home, etc. and I'd had enough of the day already and it wasn't even noon yet! Gimme coffee, any port in a storm!

I like it with cream, never liked it with sugar or sweetener so don't want those crappee frappe drinks! The only recipe I do sometimes in the winter is using hot chocolate powder and cinnamon, coffee and cream, simmer a bit in a saucepan... that bit of cinnamon is nice on a cold winter day.

Speaking of the weather, the forecast at noon is that it's been too warm for a colorful fall, and according to my driveway the leaves aren't going to change much in color but just fall in droves and get matted down in the wet. Did have my grass cut and leaves mulched today but the guy didn't even get outta here before leaves were falling where he'd just cleared.
 
Lidia of Italy just made some dessert with nectarines and blueberries and mint and prosecco and that looked good... then she made a plum tart, would be nice if she'd come to my house and make one.
 
Black and strong. With my coffee, the primary reason to keep it hot is so the coffee maintains viscosity.
 
After seeing my lot today I tought, well, after a month I start to understand the D850 in post processing and the colors still impress me at ISO 25.600:

smallexportedit_DSC_3676 copy_.webp
 
Ratings: +909 / 2

Next rating will be "1 after 909"

 
Interesting song. Dave doesn't love it but it's ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Checked another job off the yearly RV maintenance. Wash, waxed and buffed out. The body is feeling the pain, from so many trips up and down the ladder.
 
Hockey went well tonight. I actually did better than I thought I would. Legs felt h e a v y. Fortunately, there are a few better defensemen that showed up but they can't get the puck up the ice on that first pass like me. Jeff was a little frustrated. So I guess I'm in but I got to upgrade some stuff because I lost a lot of weight. Boner, Jeff's big brother has some stuff I guess. I am going to work on my leg strength. Have to find my ankle weights, the old Velcro ones, I'll wear them under my pants all day. Go to my son in laws house and work his leg lifts. My wife is gonna love that.... I played a little goalie too but my gear needs some upgrading on that front, I'm better than the starter, Jeff said I looked solid in goal. So as it stands tonight, I am on call for both positions in case of injury or can't make it calls but maybe starting goalie, will see. I'm good with that. Most of the guys are 50, 51 and in great shape, I let myself go but I am rebounding. I skated well, just a little weak on the push. It's weird, your mind is going way faster that your body. I still have a wicked shot, even without practicing. I can work on that too in my pull barn. We have some fine offensive players and will do well. I have a feeling Jeff is gonna call me and beg me to play every week. Defense is weak on moving the puck except for me but I'm slow laterally, and on retreat (leg strength) defensively, so I am a goalie nightmare, at least now. At least I am strong in my upper body and hips. I think I want to play goalie, I liked that better, I used to play it but I was behind two real pro players back in the day. I was to big in them days. The little butterfly guys were all the rage.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom