What's new

The Coffee House

I went to rehab today. It was a no drive day dizzy one of my not so good days etc. They held up papers with black and white shapes and asked me what I saw. wicked fun when the entire room is spinning.
I don't quite think they "get " it.

put me standing on some rubber mat. "okay, can you catch the ball?"

"uhh. hell no. everything is spinning and just you look like you are in triple 3d. Throw something at me it will probably just hit me. Ask me tomorrow or later when my mind is clearer."

"okay, I am going to read you a story and you tell me what you remember about it I will ask you about it in ten minutes"

okay..

ten minutes later " can you tell me about the story"

"not a damn clue I was looking out the window while you were reading it. ."

:bouncingsmileys:
 
I made split pea soup for supper.

We just returned from voting.
Wanna share your recipe ...

Nothing much. I had some ham in the freezer, so I bought split peas and carrots. Already had an onion.

1 package of dried split peas
1 quart of chicken stock
1 onion
5 carrots
parsley
thyme
marjoram
salt
black pepper
ham (or whatever)

Clean peas
Soak overnight or water to cover and simmer 2 minutes then soak one hour
Saute onion in olive oil
chop carrots finely

add chicken stock, onions, carrots, ham and parsley

Season to taste

Simmer one additional hour

Serve with sourdough toast or your choice of crackers
 
I made split pea soup for supper.

We just returned from voting.
Wanna share your recipe ...

Nothing much. I had some ham in the freezer, so I bought split peas and carrots. Already had an onion.

1 package of dried split peas
1 quart of chicken stock
1 onion
5 carrots
parsley
thyme
marjoram
salt
black pepper
ham (or whatever)

Clean peas
Soak overnight or water to cover and simmer 2 minutes then soak one hour
Saute onion in olive oil
chop carrots finely

add chicken stock, onions, carrots, ham and parsley

Season to taste

Simmer one additional hour

Serve with sourdough toast or your choice of crackers
Thanks. I definitely will try it ... (or maybe I should just come over).
 
I made split pea soup for supper.

We just returned from voting.
Wanna share your recipe ...

Nothing much. I had some ham in the freezer, so I bought split peas and carrots. Already had an onion.

1 package of dried split peas
1 quart of chicken stock
1 onion
5 carrots
parsley
thyme
marjoram
salt
black pepper
ham (or whatever)

Clean peas
Soak overnight or water to cover and simmer 2 minutes then soak one hour
Saute onion in olive oil
chop carrots finely

add chicken stock, onions, carrots, ham and parsley

Season to taste

Simmer one additional hour

Serve with sourdough toast or your choice of crackers
wow. you can cook! I personally haven't a clue on cooking but I sure do think it is great when others can!
 
Ssshhh...-good-morning.gif
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #385
Good afternoon, Marija!
 
Good morning/afternoon!

Day 1 of the 3-day marathon work session is in the books. Worked about 14 hours yesterday. Left the reception at 7:30, but had to come home and work on photos, so didn't really quit until about 10.
Gotta be at the convention site by 8 a.m. this morning. Relatively short day there--hoping to be able to leave about 4:30. Take a break for church and choir practice, then more photo processing, so it'll be another 12 hour workday by the time I'm done.
Tomorrow will be the killer though. Roadeo competition starts at 8:30 a.m., goes until about4, then the Awards Banquet from 6:30 to 11:30.

The good news is I'm off on Friday. The bad new is that's because I'm headed to a retreat that I'm supposed to be leading the sessions for! That'll be okay though; it's for my leadership team for our women's ministry, not for another church, so these are my dearest friends and most of the weekend will be just relaxing and enjoying each other's company.

But first, I gotta survive the next two days.
 
oh God!

sometimes I wish I'm girlie and romantic type!

You have no idea how much pink, teddy bears, flowers, cuteness, sweetness and such is there when I google "Good morning/Good night!"

Can't put up with it anymore... or I can... I must...
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #390
You will get through it, Sharon; I have no doubts.
Marija, there's nothing wrong with pink. Just have another strong coffee to cut the sweetness!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom