What's new

The Coffee House

Not a good moning for me. Mary Lou heard running water at the kitchen sink. A check showed a small geyser sprouting forth from a fitting. So I had to do all the stuff I needed to do for replacing the valve. aaaaarrrgh what a pain. Fortunately Mary Lou caught the leak early on so no major flooding or damage.
 
Last edited:
Not a good moning for me. Mary Lou heard running water at the kitchen sink. A check showed a small geyser sprouting forth from a fitting. So I had to do all the stuff I needed to do for replace the valve. aaaaarrrgh what a pain. Fortunately Mary Lou caught the leak early on so no major flooding or damage.

Oh, no fun at all!
 
So I went to see the kitties and the back felt better than I thought it would. The activity loosened up the muscle a bit so I was able to do some laundry for them and scrub the litter boxes. I also got to interact with some of the cats and get a few shots.

There was one grey and white cat that followed me around a little. His name is Fuzzy and he was apparently just returned to the shelter and not happy about it, so he was very vocal and looking for some lovin', so I gave him plenty of head scritches :)

I voted on the way home and pulled into the driveway to find that my exercise bike has arrived. Woot!
 
Just popping by for a visit--been taking pictures of registration and the ONE seminar that was happening this afternoon; now I've got about 90 minutes to relax before it's time to head out to the Welcome Reception that goes from 6-8 p.m. That's gonna make for a LONG workday, but not as bad as Thursday is gonna be.

The good thing about the welcome reception tonight though is that it's at the Museum of Art--there's a photography exhibit there I've wanted to see, and it ends this weekend. So at least I'll get to check that out a bit.
 
So I went to see the kitties and the back felt better than I thought it would. The activity loosened up the muscle a bit so I was able to do some laundry for them and scrub the litter boxes. I also got to interact with some of the cats and get a few shots.

There was one grey and white cat that followed me around a little. His name is Fuzzy and he was apparently just returned to the shelter and not happy about it, so he was very vocal and looking for some lovin', so I gave him plenty of head scritches :)

I voted on the way home and pulled into the driveway to find that my exercise bike has arrived. Woot!
Just came back from walking to City Hall for voting. 79F today, nice for the walk. You gotta be OCD with your bike. Set up a schedule, like first thing in the morning, otherwise it becomes easy to say "No time, I'll get to it later." Consistency is very important when working out.
 
Just came back from walking to City Hall for voting. 79F today, nice for the walk. You gotta be OCD with your bike. Set up a schedule, like first thing in the morning, otherwise it becomes easy to say "No time, I'll get to it later." Consistency is very important when working out.

Yup, you're right. I've got a plan. Since my Mondays and Wednesday are very long, I'll probably skip those days, or maybe just do a very light ride when I get home at night. But on the other days, I'll ride in the morning.

I also have a Ball jar into which I will put a dollar for every day I get in a good workout. At the end of the month, I can either use that money for a little reward or roll it over to the next month.

Buzz was over and we put the bike together. And he gave my the first dollar to put into my jar. :586:
 
hey peeps.. anything good posted?
 
Okay, I'm about to remove the Ghost Pepper in the front. Anybody want a Ghost Pepper pepper? PM me an address and I'll mail it to you sealed in a baggie.
 
Okay, I'm about to remove the Ghost Pepper in the front. Anybody want a Ghost Pepper pepper? PM me an address and I'll mail it to you sealed in a baggie.
totally lost. what the hell is a ghost pepper a imaginary pepper?
 
It's enough to put you in the hospital.

I don't need it.
 
I made split pea soup for supper.

We just returned from voting.
 
A Ghost Pepper is considered one of the hottest peppers in the world. There are internet videos of people flopping around like a fish out of water after consumption.
 
Last edited:
What a great afternoon. It is 77F and I've been spending the afternoon in the patio. Watching the Sun turn the backlighted roses into jewels of red, yellow and pink. Mary Lou pointed out a half dozen spiky orange and black Gulf Fritillary Caterpillar on the Passion Vine. A squirrel has the attention of Cook while Hummers guard their territory.

IMG_7323-XL.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom