What's new

The Coffee House

Good night my peeps. The Eagle poops tomorrow. And the deli will have something good to eat while I wait.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Is that with a Side Salad or Fries :biglaugh:
 
Morning all, another very wet and grey day here. Painkillers are still taking the most of the pain away so had a good sleep again.
 
Morning all. I thought Alabama was cold. Last night here in MO it was 18 WTH. No wonder I moved south.

On another note, trying to gracefully extracate myself from a family issue without causing a rucus. I love my older son's wife like a daughter, but over the years she's always had this problem with associating price with quality. I've offered to do family photos for free but she has this notion that she needs to pay someone for them to have value. Problem is she can't recognize value. She will pay without actually researching quality. They just had family photos done by a young lady with a camera. Frankly they're awful, missed focus, missed exposure,WB off bad, faces distored. The biggest source of irritation though is that they have some beautiful little foster children, whom I have some great shots of. They have absolutely refused to allow me to share any of those on social media, but apparently it's okay for the girl with camera to post on FB. When I asked why they were on FB all I got was a lot of silence. Rather then create a scene I just said nice shots, and let it drop. Since girl with camera doesn't provide finished print, just a JPEG file, I gave them the name of the lab I use, but knowing them they'll end up at Costco.
 
Took down the sound bar and put the surround system back up. Sound bar is going back this weekend.
 
Morning all. I thought Alabama was cold. Last night here in MO it was 18 WTH. No wonder I moved south.

On another note, trying to gracefully extracate myself from a family issue without causing a rucus. I love my older son's wife like a daughter, but over the years she's always had this problem with associating price with quality. I've offered to do family photos for free but she has this notion that she needs to pay someone for them to have value. Problem is she can't recognize value. She will pay without actually researching quality. They just had family photos done by a young lady with a camera. Frankly they're awful, missed focus, missed exposure,WB off bad, faces distored. The biggest source of irritation though is that they have some beautiful little foster children, whom I have some great shots of. They have absolutely refused to allow me to share any of those on social media, but apparently it's okay for the girl with camera to post on FB. When I asked why they were on FB all I got was a lot of silence. Rather then create a scene I just said nice shots, and let it drop. Since girl with camera doesn't provide finished print, just a JPEG file, I gave them the name of the lab I use, but knowing them they'll end up at Costco.

Tell her that lab you shared is super expensive and she should probably just get them done at Costco. I'm sure that will resolve the issue.
 
@SquarePeg good idea! I guess the social media posting issue is the part that p####s me off the most.
 
Just a bit under 6 hours today.
17.26 for the week so far.
Chicken Tenders at deli.
Just waiting for the check to be ready.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Took down the sound bar and put the surround system back up. Sound bar is going back this weekend.

Ended up buying a 65" 4K HDR and a sound bar online yesterday. It may be too big - the cardboard was actually not quite big enough to do my little experiment... Being delivered tomorrow! If it's too big I'll just return it and get the 60" or 55" or maybe keep it anyway and finally reconfigure my living room - been thinking of adding a wall to separate the living and dining rooms since the open concept is a bit annoying as far as sound traveling to other rooms.
 
Took down the sound bar and put the surround system back up. Sound bar is going back this weekend.

Ended up buying a 65" 4K HDR and a sound bar online yesterday. It may be too big - the cardboard was actually not quite big enough to do my little experiment... Being delivered tomorrow! If it's too big I'll just return it and get the 60" or 55" or maybe keep it anyway and finally reconfigure my living room - been thinking of adding a wall to separate the living and dining rooms since the open concept is a bit annoying as far as sound traveling to other rooms.

Good call on ordering it online, haha. I had to put the seats down in the mini van to get ours from BJs to my house. I don’t know if your Pilot would manage!

I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. We are in need of a new sound bar - ours is old, and doesn’t play nicely with any of our remotes. Because it still makes noise, my wife says its fine, of course.
 
Took down the sound bar and put the surround system back up. Sound bar is going back this weekend.

Ended up buying a 65" 4K HDR and a sound bar online yesterday. It may be too big - the cardboard was actually not quite big enough to do my little experiment... Being delivered tomorrow! If it's too big I'll just return it and get the 60" or 55" or maybe keep it anyway and finally reconfigure my living room - been thinking of adding a wall to separate the living and dining rooms since the open concept is a bit annoying as far as sound traveling to other rooms.
Nice! Congrats and hope you like it! Keep us informed
 
If there was a place to put it, my Sony Receiver and at least a few front speakers would be put up.
 
Took down the sound bar and put the surround system back up. Sound bar is going back this weekend.

Ended up buying a 65" 4K HDR and a sound bar online yesterday. It may be too big - the cardboard was actually not quite big enough to do my little experiment... Being delivered tomorrow! If it's too big I'll just return it and get the 60" or 55" or maybe keep it anyway and finally reconfigure my living room - been thinking of adding a wall to separate the living and dining rooms since the open concept is a bit annoying as far as sound traveling to other rooms.

Good call on ordering it online, haha. I had to put the seats down in the mini van to get ours from BJs to my house. I don’t know if your Pilot would manage!

I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. We are in need of a new sound bar - ours is old, and doesn’t play nicely with any of our remotes. Because it still makes noise, my wife says its fine, of course.

The Pilot is very roomy and probably would have been ok laying it flat in the back with both back rows folded down. I would have picked it up if it had been available at the Best Buy down the street but it wasn't and I would have had to go into Cambridge which can be a hassle during the week. 2 day free delivery was just fine with me.

Not wall mounting the tv unless I have to as I haven't finalized my plans for the room and don't want to do anything permanent until I do. I'm hoping that the stand will fit on the existing console. If the feet are at least 3 inches from the sides, it should be ok - that specification was not online so had to judge it from the photo. Our current tv has a center stand so I didn't really consider that until after buying this one - the tv is 57.5" wide and the console is 52". There is a 15 day no questions asked return policy and Best Buy is literally just down the street so we'll see how we do.
 
Took down the sound bar and put the surround system back up. Sound bar is going back this weekend.

Ended up buying a 65" 4K HDR and a sound bar online yesterday. It may be too big - the cardboard was actually not quite big enough to do my little experiment... Being delivered tomorrow! If it's too big I'll just return it and get the 60" or 55" or maybe keep it anyway and finally reconfigure my living room - been thinking of adding a wall to separate the living and dining rooms since the open concept is a bit annoying as far as sound traveling to other rooms.
I think the "open concept" of houses these days is way overrated for that very reason. Sound travels everywhere and there are few barriers. I don't like hearing my fridge click on and off or the water running while I'm in the living room trying to read or watch a show. I liked my former house, a standard "Colonial" style, better. I have no need to be able to throw a football from one corner of the house to the other!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom