What's new

The Coffee House

When you have little ones, and usually it's at the same time that most of your friends do too, then it's nice to keep up with everyone and see the kids grow up. I have a "Santa's mailbox" that I keep all of the old photo cards in of all my friend's and cousin's and coworker's kids through the years. Could never bring myself to throw away any of them. Now that I think about it, I guess that is the reason for fewer cards the past few years. Once the kids become teenagers they no longer cooperate with the Christmas card photo and parents just stop sending cards altogether.

Enjoy the pre-teen years as much as you can, especially with a girl because the teen years are tough!
Good point! Oh jeez, I've heard that from so many people--that teen years are tough. I'm scared.
 
We send cards ( well I do ) to family and a few friends and their family from work, and they send cards as well. The other half doesn't like her pic taken, so we send store-bought ones. The whole e-card fad has faded ( thank God! ) here at least. They just said " I remembered your birthday at the last moment, but not in time to mail a card!", :-(
 
d point! Oh jeez, I've heard that from so many people--that teen years are tough. I'm scared.

Be afraid, be very afraid, raging hormones are not to be trifeled with!
 
If wanting new gear is considered GAS, would wanting new gear but not having the funds for new gear be considered camstipation?

tenor.gif


I'll be here all week. :lol:
 
Were it not for the kindness of strangers sending gift cards Thanksgiving would have been much less.
As far as cards go, a few Aunts send one but that's about it.

And on that note I will be off to bed shortly.
 
Morning Hosers! Just curious who still sends Christmas cards and do you use one of your own photos or buy cards in the store? I used to send a photo card with a holiday themed pic of Princess and the pup but she is not into it anymore. Last year was the first year I didn't send any cards and the number of cards we receive has really dropped over the years. Do people just not send cards anymore or are we just a lot less popular than we used to be?

I've noticed a big drop off too. I sent out photo cards last year and ordered mine for this year. The pups are still okay with it ;) I think with FB you see everyone's photos through out the year so that may have contributed to the demise of cards. There are still a few elderly people that we send to with personal notes. I ordered 50 cards this year and will rethink the whole greeting cards for next year depending on how many we receive.

I have saved photo-cards from friends and family through out the years. Hard to throw away.
 
Sadie & I spent a big chunk of today trudging through the mud of field after field in search of birds. Despite hunting her little heart out, we didn't encounter a single quail. Apparently the coyote scrounge continues. Sadie did bring back several pounds of Bootheel black dirt firmly stuck to her fur like balls everywhere. Took awhile to get that all washed out. After that she wolfed down her supper, headed to bed, and has been out ever since.
 
Last edited:
Morning all, wet out from all the rain but we are forecast sunshine today so might try and go for a mooch sometime.
 
Dreary day but warmer. Headed home.
 
Well the sun came out today at last, so went out and had fun with the Fuji X100F photographing graffiti.
 
Expecting snow in a couple hours. Need to sand and oil the workbench over the weekend, I've neglected it over the last 30 years.
 
Little longer them normal trip home but we took a different route, plus had a lot of rain along the way. Did manage to explore a couple interesting places in route
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom