What's new

The Coffee House

We are semi open here. The T.V. is usually loud enough to preclude hearing anything else. The house we MAY move into is tighter and smaller. This tube T.V. sticking out a couple feet won't fly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Our old house was a one story ranch style 4 bedrooms at on end everything else at the other. Didn't notice any sound issues. New house is 3 story with media room on ground floor, and master suite on the top floor. Unfortunately it overlooks the great room which is open to the peak. The steep pitch roof is like a giant stethoscope. Any noise on the main level seems to be amplified. You can lay in bed and hear a whisper in the kitchen. :ambivalence:
 
We are single story. The living room is central. The master bedroom at one end.
The dining room and my "office" at the other end. When I'm in my office I can hear everything in here. But they can never hear me. There is a bathroom between this room and my room but I can usually hear anything they say in my room.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
We have a story and a half with open concept. The openness is good when we have a crowd over. The big mistake when we built was the finished part of the basement is under the master bedroom. Back then with teens the noise came up thru the vents.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. The house guests are gone and so is the pie.
PumpkinPie.webp
 
@CherylL glad to see you survived the holidays! Welcome back.
 
Morning all, yet another wet rainy and grey day but very mild though.
 
Phone says 60 and going up
Thermostat says 65
And I'm sitting here shivering.
I don't get it. Off to work in a few.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Morning Hosers! Just curious who still sends Christmas cards and do you use one of your own photos or buy cards in the store? I used to send a photo card with a holiday themed pic of Princess and the pup but she is not into it anymore. Last year was the first year I didn't send any cards and the number of cards we receive has really dropped over the years. Do people just not send cards anymore or are we just a lot less popular than we used to be?
 
Do people just not send cards anymore or are we just a lot less popular than we used to be?

Maybe a little of both :allteeth:

We still send out cards though the list has decreased
 
Morning Hosers! Just curious who still sends Christmas cards and do you use one of your own photos or buy cards in the store? I used to send a photo card with a holiday themed pic of Princess and the pup but she is not into it anymore. Last year was the first year I didn't send any cards and the number of cards we receive has really dropped over the years. Do people just not send cards anymore or are we just a lot less popular than we used to be?
The wife and I send out cards, but it's really only to people that we keep in contact with on a regular/semi-regular basis. We used to do store bought cards, but we recently started sending photo cards (and I see this trend staying the same as daughter grows). So, family/friends that we speak to at least once a year gets one, but that friend that we catch up with every 5 years doesn't get one.

Same here; we do not get many cards anymore. When we first got married, we would get a couple dozen, but now we get a dozen or less mostly from close family. My family is definitely more into sending cards than the wife's family.
 
Morning Hosers! Just curious who still sends Christmas cards and do you use one of your own photos or buy cards in the store? I used to send a photo card with a holiday themed pic of Princess and the pup but she is not into it anymore. Last year was the first year I didn't send any cards and the number of cards we receive has really dropped over the years. Do people just not send cards anymore or are we just a lot less popular than we used to be?
The wife and I send out cards, but it's really only to people that we keep in contact with on a regular/semi-regular basis. We used to do store bought cards, but we recently started sending photo cards (and I see this trend staying the same as daughter grows). So, family/friends that we speak to at least once a year gets one, but that friend that we catch up with every 5 years doesn't get one.

Same here; we do not get many cards anymore. When we first got married, we would get a couple dozen, but now we get a dozen or less mostly from close family. My family is definitely more into sending cards than the wife's family.

When you have little ones, and usually it's at the same time that most of your friends do too, then it's nice to keep up with everyone and see the kids grow up. I have a "Santa's mailbox" that I keep all of the old photo cards in of all my friend's and cousin's and coworker's kids through the years. Could never bring myself to throw away any of them. Now that I think about it, I guess that is the reason for fewer cards the past few years. Once the kids become teenagers they no longer cooperate with the Christmas card photo and parents just stop sending cards altogether.

Enjoy the pre-teen years as much as you can, especially with a girl because the teen years are tough!
 
Morning, hosers! We quit sending cards some years ago - about the same time we noticed the drop-off in the cards we were getting. Within the last few years, the cards we receive are mainly from vendors we've used. :lol: My mom still sends them, and she ain't changing her ways.

The strong winds have finally died down here, and we have a sunny day with high in the upper 50's to look forward to. I'll definitely be going for a walk later. I really, really despise walking in the wind regardless of temps!
 
Hey y'all. 5 hours and enough to get 3 minutes under 23 for the week so far.
Sister asked me to go to Tractor Supply for dog food and bird food. Was going to get pint Blue Bell and a few other things but it'll wait. Gonna hit the Post office before going to Livingston.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom