What's new

The Coffee House

Spot mopped, swept up, cleaned the restrooms and break room. Finished with 31.15 for the week. Listening to the radio killing time until the mail is tossed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Hey hosers.

Watching the Roomba do its thing. I am observing how it behaves so I know what to expect if I want to run it when I am not home. Fascinating little thing.
 
Damn, that little thing picks up a lot of cat hair! I don't have a big space, and I use the virtual wall to keep it out of the bathroom (just easier to do that room myself than to keep getting the Roomba unstuck), so it covered basically the entire space in 35 minutes before the bin filled up. I imagine if I run it every day, not as much cat hair will build up and it will run a bit longer before it fills up.

I am going to run it again today to get more hair out of the carpet, but I will give the girls a break and do it a little later. They're all settled in for naps at the moment, so I don't want to disturb them again so soon. Although the Roomba doesn't freak them out nearly as much as the regular vacuum cleaner does (regular machine is much louder and scarier!), neither have tried to ride it yet, which is very disappointing.
 
I'd set up an obstacle course to see what the tolerances are, but I'm evil. :p

Running the new laptop through it's paces. Microsoft service tier 2 is supposed to be calling soon: Outlook is getting email just fine, but it won't send. Both Thunderbird and the 2003 version of Outlook (old computer) are sending just fine, but the latest doesn't want to play with SMTP.

On the other hand, I loaded 14 shots of Boulder (from Arapaho Park) through LR's panorama merge. The other computer would have spun for 30 minutes then choked, whereas I got this in about 5 minutes. I'm happy.


Boulder, CO Pano.jpg
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr
 
Although the Roomba doesn't freak them out nearly as much as the regular vacuum cleaner does (regular machine is much louder and scarier!), neither have tried to ride it yet, which is very disappointing.
In time. Just keep telling them that you DON'T want them to ride it, and they will.
 
OMG! OMG!
BBC America is running a STOS marathon and THE GORN is on now!

Might have missed it earlier, but what did you get?
I didn't specify but I went with the Dell 7000 15" 2-in-1. i7, 16 GB Ram, 512GB SSD, Invidia graphics. I picked up a 2TB HDD and ordered the bracket and cable.
 
OMG! OMG!
BBC America is running a STOS marathon and THE GORN is on now!

THE GORN! THE GORN!
tenor.gif
 
<--- New avatar for @limr
 
Baby boy is off all dairy while we isolate some belly issues he has been having . I had no idea how much things like dairy-free yogurt cost. I’m hoping he is just sensitive to lactose, and not milk protein.
 
Baby boy is off all dairy while we isolate some belly issues he has been having . I had no idea how much things like dairy-free yogurt cost. I’m hoping he is just sensitive to lactose, and not milk protein.
Poor baby.
Andrew, like me, was allergic to milk (I'm no longer allergic). We had to spend a small fortune on Isomil.
 
"If he has the time, doctor. If he has the time."

WHY WOULDN'T HE HAVE THE TIME? A SNAIL MOVES FASTER THAN A GORN!
 
I love how sparkly and fabulous the Metron is.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom