The Coffee House

The phone weather app says 46 in Shepherd. Also allows for upper 30s when I leave for work tomorrow. Yippee.
Potatoes and carrots and gravy with the roast. Probably a Blue Bell Ice Cream bar later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Briefly considered a roomba but as the pup considers the vacuum to be his mortal enemy, I’m worried about the barking and growling that would ensue any time it went near him. We have all hardwoods with a few area rugs so it’s easy enough to run around the house with the microfiber dust mop or a swiffer a few times/week. Plus I have my 2x month cleaning lady who rocks this place.

This weekend I tried to get the house in order for the holidays. Ended up with an upset stomach yesterday afternoon so only got half my list done. I did the floors and they look great. Polished and buffed to a nice shine. Taking the rugs to be professionally cleaned later today - I like to drop them off before the holidays and pick them up after then I don’t have to worry about any of them getting trashed while the hordes are here slopping red wine and leaving a trail of chocolate crumbs all over. If you feed them they will come.

Putting up the tree tonight and will finish decking the halls. Hope to finally get back to some photos! I miss my camera.

Hi folks will be very busy until the New Year now as moving things to Mums so hope to be back sometime next year, as the ex is back and I`m getting out.

did the floors and they look great. Polished and buffed to a nice shine

My DW refuses to let me buff our floors. Several years ago I had a day at home while she was at work, so decided the hardwood floors in our dining room needed a shine. Being the woodworker that I am I assumed the best was to use Johnson's Paste Wax, applied with my high speed power buffer as the way to go. When I finished, that wood shined liked high quality furniture. Put my tools up, just as wife was getting home. As I headed across the dining room in my sock feet to meet her, I quickly found myself laying flat on my back. The wife hearing the yell and crash came running (in stockings, having kicked her shoes off at the door). Her balance was a little better then mine as she slid across the floor, arms flailing. Fortunately I had closed the basement door, because it was the only thing that stopped her slide. Thereafter I was forbidden to ever wax floors again!!!!!!!!!:cupcake:

Last edited:

My DW refuses to let me buff our floors. Several years ago I had a day at home while she was at work, so decided the hardwood floors in our dining room needed a shine. Being the woodworker that I am I assumed the best was to use Johnson's Paste Wax, applied with my high speed power buffer as the way to go. When I finished, that wood shined liked high quality furniture. Put my tools up, just as wife was getting home. As I headed across the dining room in my sock feet to meet her, I quickly found myself laying flat on my back. The wife hearing the yell and crash came running (in stockings, having kicked her shoes off at the door). Her balance was a little better then mine as she slid across the floor, arms flailing. Fortunately I had closed the basement door, because it was the only thing that stopped her slide. Thereafter I was forbidden to ever wax floors again!!!!!!!!!:cupcake:

I used a liquid floor polish that has some carnauba wax in it applied with a sponge mop and buffed manually using a cloth diaper attached to an old flat mop head (best buffer per my nana). They are not overly slippery but have a nice sheen. This stuff can get very high gloss and slippery if you do a few coats but I like the softer look and prefer to not end up on my ass.

Freezing fog, that's a fun change of pace! I wondered this morning before I had my glasses on, did it do something?? no, nothing on the ground... and since I'm a retired night owl it wasn't early so wasn't exactly foggy by then.

I managed to do it again, kept waking up with leg spasms. This time I realized what I did; was reaching up into the small cabinet over the sink where I have my stash (canned goods, etc. to keep on hand). So while I was getting something out I started destashing things like those pkgs. of plastic silverware & napkins they give you with carryout, etc. And here I was thinking wow I was able to reach clear to the back of the little top shelf. Yeah, I reached it all right!

The minute you said Johnson's Paste Wax, I knew how this story was going to end! :biglaugh:

Dave sorry you're dealing with that again. Can't help but wonder where the heck she was all this time and why she's coming back now. Anyway I'm glad at least you've got your mom's place to go. Check in when you can so we at least hear a quick hi from you.

Hey all. The buffer/floor machine mechanic hadn't shown up.
I spot mopped and had the floor looking pretty good.
Then the customers came through. Doesn't look quite so good after that.
4.08 hours. Did half my pennies for today then the comics.
Going to do the other half and already know even without Trish there they'll be bought.
Wish you the best of luck FD

We had the Roast, potatoes and carrots again. My Sister made a really tasty but awfully ugly cake. And we got a drive gadget from Amazon for a microwave we were sent months ago that was missing said gadget. I need my mini file set that is missing to modify the Amazon part.

Sure wish I knew where that file set is....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Christmas Card Reject #001 of XXX.

christmascard reject.jpg

Christmas Card Reject #002 of XXX.

christmascard reject-2.jpg

Evidently...saying smile to a 3 and a half year old means make your "give people nightmares" face.

Somehow, I'm not entirely sure that "XXX" allows a sufficient number of attempts to make this a success; I would suggest XXX,XXX,XXX at a minimum! :lol: Good luck!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back