What's new

The Coffee House

@CherylL My ex sister in law lives in Fenton, said it took 6 hours for her to make the 12 mile drive from work to home yesterday. My daughter in Springfield, IL said they got hit pretty good also. How's it your way??

We have about 8 inches so far. My husband was driving up from Memphis yesterday and St. Louis was a mess. He had to get off one interstate to 2 lane and then another interstate. It had just started to jam up so lucky he made it home finally. A real mess. Some sections of interstates in MO were shut down over night trapping motorists in their cars/trucks.
 
The service was very nice. Almost a Catholic Mass but without the body of Christ. As it happens she asked that no service would happen.
My buddy from back then is nearly unrecognizable. I had forgotten that I was the best man at his wedding.
His wife back then was kinda cold and distant. But being exposed to that family has rubbed off on her and she has become gracious and sweet. She told anyone who would listen that I had been the best man.
And I gotta tell you she aged a whole lot better than he did!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Just dropping in for a minute.

Sorry, Leonore, I know it's hard to lose a coworker, even if you weren't real close.
Jon & CheryIL - glad to hear things are getting better.

Weather folks are calling for 8" to 10" of the white stuff with the higher amounts to the south of DC. :boogie:
 
Weather folks are calling for 8" to 10" of the white stuff with the higher amounts to the south of DC. :boogie:
:eek: Sounds like it's time to snuggle down in front of the fire, or rattle around in the kitchen with the soup pot and have playoff football in the background.
 
I miss the quiet that comes with the snow, but I sure don't miss shoveling it or the mess it makes of the roads.
 
I miss the quiet that comes with the snow, but I sure don't miss shoveling it or the mess it makes of the roads.

Or the mess it makes of your vehicle. We were only in it a little two weeks ago and the truck was covered.
 
Only one of the daughters was easily recognized. The youngest one still looks too young to have 4 kids. Yesterday was a very nice day. I wish it could happen again but not with a death to start it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Today is Princess’s birthday. 16. Taking her for her learner’s permit tomorrow. That’s right folks she’ll be on the roads. Take appropriate precautions.

4EAC1012-EEA0-4BF0-83AE-1D2444623F46.webp
 
Today is Princess’s birthday. 16. Taking her for her learner’s permit tomorrow. That’s right folks she’ll be on the roads. Take appropriate precautions.

View attachment 167949
Aw, she looks so pretty in this shot! Turning 16 and obtaining one's diver's permit are big moments - enjoy yourselves! :)
 
Today is Princess’s birthday. 16. Taking her for her learner’s permit tomorrow. That’s right folks she’ll be on the roads. Take appropriate precautions.

View attachment 167949

Happy birthday! The big milestone of driving :) When our oldest got her license my biggest fear was her rushing home to meet curfew. Instead of saying what time to be home I would tell her what time to leave wherever she was at...friend's house, school, etc. We did live about 8 miles from the town where her events were held and the school. It was 2 lane highway to get home.
 
Today is Princess’s birthday. 16. Taking her for her learner’s permit tomorrow. That’s right folks she’ll be on the roads. Take appropriate precautions.

View attachment 167949

Honestly, I thought Massachusetts driver’s ed just taught you had to use your horn, your flippah, and how to disable your turn signal.

So that’s why I avoid Boston metro traffic unless absolutely necessary in general!
 
We got a whole bunch more snow overnight! The 3-5" that we got Fri. night into Sat. was gradual enough that the roads were pretty clear. Yowza, the bushes around my house got hammered from the weight of the snow and we ended up with 8-9". Maybe a little more Sun. night but there's 40 degrees in the forecast - yay! It's pretty for awhile but it needs to melt away by next weekend!
 
Today is Princess’s birthday. 16. Taking her for her learner’s permit tomorrow. That’s right folks she’ll be on the roads. Take appropriate precautions.

View attachment 167949

Honestly, I thought Massachusetts driver’s ed just taught you had to use your horn, your flippah, and how to disable your turn signal.

So that’s why I avoid Boston metro traffic unless absolutely necessary in general!

You forgot Tailgating 101 and Rotaries for Road Ragers.
 
Today is Princess’s birthday. 16. Taking her for her learner’s permit tomorrow. That’s right folks she’ll be on the roads. Take appropriate precautions.

View attachment 167949

Honestly, I thought Massachusetts driver’s ed just taught you had to use your horn, your flippah, and how to disable your turn signal.

So that’s why I avoid Boston metro traffic unless absolutely necessary in general!

You forgot Tailgating 101 and Rotaries for Road Ragers.

You guys do love a good rotary. I forgot about that. Although, I have to say -- even the Mass. rotaries didn't prepare me for driving in England where they have truly perfected the art -- 5 or 6 feeder roads, 4-5 lanes, traffic lights in the middle...plus, they run clockwise rather than counter-clockwise! (And the stick is on the wrong side of the car too).

Good luck, though. Our neighbor has slowly been getting enough hours to be able to take her test, and we can sometimes hear the how the lessons are going, haha.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom