What's new

The Coffee House

Had a large turn out this evening by county FD departments to pay their final respects for a fellow member who lost his battle with cancer. Don't think there was a dry eye out there when when dispatch made the final call/end of watch over the radio. RIP SV674, one day we'll ride together again my friend.
 
On another note, I am walking better. The knee is not full strength but at least it moves. I did 2 short shopping trips. Yesterday I spent $8 at the Dollar store and today $6 at Michael's for my Valentine set. Don't tell @smoke665 about my big set budget.

Glad you're on the mend. I think I'm about double on set expenditure so far which includes part of the outfit, and about that much more to get the rest. Couple of big spending production companies aren't we? LOL

My $ includes the pups' outfits :) Daughter will take care of the grand girls' wardrobe. Yes, big production companies.
 
Had a large turn out this evening by county FD departments to pay their final respects for a fellow member who lost his battle with cancer. Don't think there was a dry eye out there when when dispatch made the final call/end of watch over the radio. RIP SV674, one day we'll ride together again my friend.

It is hard to lose an old friend and colleague. That is touching there was a final call/end of watch.
 
Anyone else relate?
26384.webp
 
Buzz and I walk into the room where the other person is so we can actually, you know, speak to each other.
 
I don't know this "marriage ".
I thought I would but someone hit the b***h switch before it got serious.
I got very nearly 7 hours today. Used nearly an entire box of bulbs in the deli.
Going to hit the PO and then the box at the front of the neighborhood and then home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
With three floors walking into another room isn't always the option for us unless we want to go up and down three flights of stairs a gazillion times a day. Upgraded our home phones some time back to include intercom thinking that would help, but DW refuses to even learn how to use it, despite the fact that for 25 years she had no problem using a much more complicated phone system at our office. :crushed:

And on another note our Valentine photos are on hold for now as granddaughter has the flu. Bless her heart she looks pitiful. Despite most people getting the flu shot here, there's another strain that's popped up with a resistance to the vaccine. It's starting to hit all the schools pretty hard, to the point that they're talking about closing for a few days.
 
Flu is everywhere up here this month. Most of our house had it last week, mildly though because all had flu shots. I think my work from home and mildly germaphobe lifestyle works in my favor this time of year. Lots of hand washing and we use paper towels for drying our hands. When I’m in public places I make an effort not to touch railings, door handles, elevator buttons, etc. and I almost never handle money. I’m not Howie Mandell or Howard Hughes level, just aware of where I put my hands.
 
. I think my work from home and mildly germaphobe lifestyle works in my favor this time of yea

Because of DW's low immune system we both have to be very careful. Hand washing, avoiding crowded enclosed areas, and wearing masks have been a way of life for us for a long time.

In granddaughters case she was never in daycare and just started preschool this past fall. She's been sick a lot ever since. I suspect that might be because she had no exposure to some of the childhood germs earlier in life and is playing catchup.
 
Flu is everywhere up here this month. Most of our house had it last week, mildly though because all had flu shots. I think my work from home and mildly germaphobe lifestyle works in my favor this time of year. Lots of hand washing and we use paper towels for drying our hands. When I’m in public places I make an effort not to touch railings, door handles, elevator buttons, etc. and I almost never handle money. I’m not Howie Mandell or Howard Hughes level, just aware of where I put my hands.
That's good practice. Whenever I get home from the grocery store, I wash my hands even before unloading the bags. After everything is put up, I wash again.

Anytime after being around people in a public place, hand washing rules! It ain't crazy if you don't get sick, which I rarely do. :)
 
If life hasn't killed me yet I seriously doubt the Flu could do it. 33.13 hours total for the week. And we are on the way to Pearland for the funeral.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
And on another note our Valentine photos are on hold for now as granddaughter has the flu. Bless her heart she looks pitiful. Despite most people getting the flu shot here, there's another strain that's popped up with a resistance to the vaccine. It's starting to hit all the schools pretty hard, to the point that they're talking about closing for a few days.

Hope your grand daughter feels better soon. Schools are one big germ fest. I am careful when out and use hand sanitizer. After touching restaurant menus, doors, carts, etc. And don't touch your face until you wash up.
 
The snow's at a bit of a lull with only a couple of inches so far, with more on the way. Nice and scenic! Was planning a weekend of taking it easy anyway, with the holidays and one thing and another it's been exhausting lately. The best thing on TV was John Candy in 'Summer Vacation'; good for a veg out day (and he was wearing a hockey jersey!).
 
@CherylL My ex sister in law lives in Fenton, said it took 6 hours for her to make the 12 mile drive from work to home yesterday. My daughter in Springfield, IL said they got hit pretty good also. How's it your way??
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom