What's new

The Coffee House

Hey hosers.

Rough day. Found out late last night that a colleague died suddenly yesterday. She was only 66. There were others who knew her a lot better than I did, but it still kinda hit hard. She was the one who took me under her wing when I first got a full time staff position almost 3 years ago. She had a big personality, everyone knew her, and even when we complained about her, we loved her. The entire campus was in shock all day.
 
Sorry to hear about your loss, the older we get the more frequent they seem to become. :blueface:
 
Sorry to hear about your loss, the older we get the more frequent they seem to become. :blueface:

Thanks, Jeff. All too right about that :(
 
Daves other Mother (NICE Lady!) Died Monday night. Funeral is Saturday.
Going to try and get off for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Condolences to those who have lost loved ones. Last year was hard for us, my mother-in-law passed away in October and my father-in-law in Dec. This evening will be attending services for a friend, neighbor, and comrade in arms from the Fire Dept. As Jeff said above the circle of family and friends keeps eroding away.
 
Sorry for those of you who are feeling loss right now. It's always tough.

I'm feeling much better. I woke up this morning without feeling drunk/hungover, which is the first time since the injury happened Friday. I'm still going to try to take it easy, even though all I want to do is go go go!
 
The boss ladies aren't here yet so not sure I'll have Saturday off. Almost 5 hours today and 22.17 for the week so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Hey hosers.

Rough day. Found out late last night that a colleague died suddenly yesterday. She was only 66. There were others who knew her a lot better than I did, but it still kinda hit hard. She was the one who took me under her wing when I first got a full time staff position almost 3 years ago. She had a big personality, everyone knew her, and even when we complained about her, we loved her. The entire campus was in shock all day.
That's a shock. :( A young age, relatively speaking, still working, involved and dynamic.

Very sorry for the loss of your colleague. :icon_hug:
 
Sorry for those of you who are feeling loss right now. It's always tough.

I'm feeling much better. I woke up this morning without feeling drunk/hungover, which is the first time since the injury happened Friday. I'm still going to try to take it easy, even though all I want to do is go go go!
Glad to hear this! Light at the end of the tunnel. Continue to take it easy, avoid any backsliding of progress! :)
 
Hey hosers.

Rough day. Found out late last night that a colleague died suddenly yesterday. She was only 66. There were others who knew her a lot better than I did, but it still kinda hit hard. She was the one who took me under her wing when I first got a full time staff position almost 3 years ago. She had a big personality, everyone knew her, and even when we complained about her, we loved her. The entire campus was in shock all day.

My condolences on your colleague. Suddenly and at the relatively young age it is a shock.
 
Condolences to those who have lost loved ones. Last year was hard for us, my mother-in-law passed away in October and my father-in-law in Dec. This evening will be attending services for a friend, neighbor, and comrade in arms from the Fire Dept. As Jeff said above the circle of family and friends keeps eroding away.

It does seen the circle is getting smaller. My condolences for you and family. Once you hit your 60's it seems to be getting too close to home.
 
On another note, I am walking better. The knee is not full strength but at least it moves. I did 2 short shopping trips. Yesterday I spent $8 at the Dollar store and today $6 at Michael's for my Valentine set. Don't tell @smoke665 about my big set budget.
 
On another note, I am walking better. The knee is not full strength but at least it moves. I did 2 short shopping trips. Yesterday I spent $8 at the Dollar store and today $6 at Michael's for my Valentine set. Don't tell @smoke665 about my big set budget.

Glad you're on the mend. I think I'm about double on set expenditure so far which includes part of the outfit, and about that much more to get the rest. Couple of big spending production companies aren't we? LOL
 
Jon keep taking it easy, seems like concussions are nothing to mess around with.

Leo sorry about the loss for you and your college. Went back earlier in the thread and thought it looked like you'd had an interesting start to the week, that's too bad to have something like a loss of a colleague happen.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom