What's new

The Coffee House

Went to walk Sadie this morning, didn't take long for either of us. Temperature was hovering just at freezing and the wind was blowing from the north. As the old timers would say it was "colder'n a well diggers ***". Planned on service this morning, but the little country Church we go to doesn't turn the heat up till right before service starts. DW has a really hard time with cold thanks to the treatments and I'm getting that way. Looks like an inside day for us.
 
Freezing rain here covering the 3-4” of snow from yesterday. Clean up is going to be ugly. Denial.
 
Approximately freezing outside. But the sun is shining bright. High to be upper 40s to low 50s about 4pm and back down to 31 overnight. Just had corn pancakes (yummy) and bacon. Don't have a church.
But speak to the big guy pretty often.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Hey hosers. Stopped snowing here, too. It was raining and we've got some ice on the trees. Hoping the wind doesn't pick up and knock anything down, but otherwise, nothing much is happening outside.

Temps are hovering around freezing at the moment, but dropping. Low of 3F tonight and a high of 11F tomorrow. Looks like a few more nights of single-digit nighttime lows and highs in teens or twenties.

Now that's a proper winter cold snap! :)
 
Last edited:
Kept hearing the snow plow scraping by last night (1:30 am was the last time around - hey we know how to live it up out here in the country!). Beautifully sunny and pretty darn cold with a quick dip down to single digits tonight then seasonal by Monday. Should be clear enough to see the moon eclipse tonight. Otherwise just a lazy Sunday.
 
Still icy rain here. Got my neighbor’s kid over with his friend to clear the driveway and front walk. Princess and I spent the morning clearing closets of things to donate or throw out. Declutter is our goal for January. February we’ll organize and March we’re going to do some painting and redecorating.
 
Done all the penny stuff I plan to do today.
Did my comics on the computer and plan to read for a while. Found out it won't take much to run a small propane tank out where the big tank is nearly empty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Partly cloudy but windy.

It's done. The color is "Dark Olive."
3146EFA9-91B9-429C-A33B-2E4420612592.webp
 
Partly cloudy but windy.

It's done. The color is "Dark Olive

We looked at a new CRV the other day for DW. I'm just not sold yet on the the 4 cyl, but that seems to be the only thing available now in the smaller SUVs.

Finally started working smarter today. Every time I pull a folded up background out of a storage container, I go through the steaming and pressing routine to get the %$#@ wrinkled out. Today I took 3 of the most used and worked them smooth. Then rolled them on some 1-1/2" PVC tubing. So far it seems to be working really well.
 
Partly cloudy but windy.

It's done. The color is "Dark Olive."
View attachment 168292

Would love to hear your reviews after you’ve had this for a bit. My aunt bought one recently as well and really likes it so far. I love my Honda Pilot but my next car will probably be smaller, either a CRV or a RAV4. I think my days of car pooling and coaching are done and I don’t want Princess to have room for too many passengers once she starts driving on her own. I’d like to stick with Honda but a lot will depend on price with the options that I want.
 
When you’re on the couch without permission...

 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom