What's new

The Coffee House

we are lucky and pay just over 1000€ for 108sqm /four bed rooms per including central heating and all other expenses.

In the new house three families will have 140sqm each plus garden access and pay roughly 12€ plus 2€ expenses per sqm per month. This is obviously not for the poor but is just 4% RoI because building costs are really high

Interesting. Here (if my math is correct) we paid roughly $68/sqft to build 3600 sqft 11 years ago. However i finished out the inside of the bottom floor myself. I was never very good at metric so I'll leave the conversion to you. We're currently looking at the addition of a 500 sqft four season room and office. The architect gave us an initial budget estimate of $100/sq ft.
 
The apartment you live in now seems pretty reasonably priced, honestly. It's about the same size my house is, and the expenses are similar. If you took my living area and put it into a thriving city in the Northeast, it'd be 3 or maybe 4 times as much as that.
 
we are lucky and pay just over 1000€ for 108sqm /four bed rooms per including central heating and all other expenses.

In the new house three families will have 140sqm each plus garden access and pay roughly 12€ plus 2€ expenses per sqm per month. This is obviously not for the poor but is just 4% RoI because building costs are really high

Interesting. Here (if my math is correct) we paid roughly $68/sqft to build 3600 sqft 11 years ago. I was never very good at metric so I'll leave the conversion to you. We're currently looking at the addition of a 500 sqft four season room and office. The architect gave us an initial budget estimate of $100/sq ft.

You live in a cheap part of the country. I know that's not including the land costs, but my 1100 sqft house has to carry a $285,000 replacement value for insurance. I know some of that includes things that aren't building materials and labor, but it doesn't cover that big of a difference!
 
we are lucky and pay just over 1000€ for 108sqm /four bed rooms per including central heating and all other expenses.

In the new house three families will have 140sqm each plus garden access and pay roughly 12€ plus 2€ expenses per sqm per month. This is obviously not for the poor but is just 4% RoI because building costs are really high

Interesting. Here (if my math is correct) we paid roughly $68/sqft to build 3600 sqft 11 years ago. However i finished out the inside of the bottom floor myself. I was never very good at metric so I'll leave the conversion to you. We're currently looking at the addition of a 500 sqft four season room and office. The architect gave us an initial budget estimate of $100/sq ft.


Building in my town is ~3000+X€ per realized sqm rent out space gross total including the lot and planning, all.

The net worth of space to let is only part of the gross space, that includes staircases and public areas like hall ways and bicycle cellar and space for the garbage bins and the lift and technical installation space...

So if you find other prices much cheaper they often count any built sqm, rentable or not and discount taxes and planning too. In other words: 1415€ might be the excact same amount with a different reference point.

One sqm equals 10.7639 sqfeet, so roughy 11x
 
Last edited:
we are lucky and pay just over 1000€ for 108sqm /four bed rooms per including central heating and all other expenses.

In the new house three families will have 140sqm each plus garden access and pay roughly 12€ plus 2€ expenses per sqm per month. This is obviously not for the poor but is just 4% RoI because building costs are really high

Interesting. Here (if my math is correct) we paid roughly $68/sqft to build 3600 sqft 11 years ago. I was never very good at metric so I'll leave the conversion to you. We're currently looking at the addition of a 500 sqft four season room and office. The architect gave us an initial budget estimate of $100/sq ft.

You live in a cheap part of the country. I know that's not including the land costs, but my 1100 sqft house has to carry a $285,000 replacement value for insurance. I know some of that includes things that aren't building materials and labor, but it doesn't cover that big of a difference!


that is 2850US$ per Square Meter... Same here in Euro.

One Dollar is .88 Eurocents
 
The median housing cost per sq foot in my city is $357 per Zillow for listing price. Most homes sell for more than list.

Avg rent here (very small rental inventory) is $2500/mo for 1000 sq ft but good luck finding something and be ready to pay more if you need parking.
 
And this is why we have an abundance of large homes in our valley. It's far enough out to be reasonable but close enough in to be livable.
 
I can't converse in that language.
We live in an 80x24 doublewide.
Our mortgage is nearly $800 a month.
Do with that what you will.
I had 5.32 hours today 10.42 for the week so far. Sold my box of pennies to the store and going to People's Bank to see what they have. Then to the Post Office and then to the box at the front of the neighborhood.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Mexican Cornbread Caserol for dinner.
Good stuff Maynard. Almost certainly a Blue Bell Fudge bar later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
We made progress today. We now have a gas line installed, gas fireplace logs, an emergency gas heater in the garage (for when the electricity goes out in the winter), a gas hookup for the BBQ grill, and a gas hookup for future generator. Wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't started this project back in November. First everyone was sold out of the logs we wanted, had to order them from the only Plumbing supply house in town. Then we couldn't find a plumber, they'd say they were coming out to price it and never show up, or else they would come out and price it, but wouldn't show up to install, or answer the phone. Then the supplier claimed the logs we ordered were on back order, and strung us out for three weeks. When I finally went down last week to cancel the order, I found out the supplier actually had them, but didn't know it :mad-44: Finally got in touch with a plumber Friday who said he'd be here yesterday - OMG he showed up!!!! Gave us a price said he'd be here this morning with materials and crew. Double OMG he showed up at 8 am as he said he would. Tried to order the LP tank last week, but the gas company said to wait until the line was being installed and they'd be out right away. Called to order it today, now they claim the earliest they can deliver it is Feb 11th, unless they have an opening before then.:mad-44: Seriously this has to rank up there as one of the most exasperating home improvement projects I've ever undertaken. If we're lucky we might get to use the gas logs before summer.
 
It began raining about 2am. It's still raining lightly. The Weather bug says it will be raining about the time I do Marquee and 38 degrees to boot. Yippee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Rainy here and the snow's all melting... just in time for more Saturday. Not too much this time supposedly. Oh, and a good ol' wintry mix and a refreeze tomorrow, goody! lol Not that it matters to me, but probably there are side streets and back roads not completely cleared yet.

Mostly kind of a lazy day. The little simple needlework project I'm trying to finish up was a kit with floss that is extra tangly (AKA not very silky smooth so doesn't glide but catches on everything!). And I messed up a couple of stitches and had to pull out a whole row and start over... why is it a simple quick thing can end up taking forever!? lol I restarted and was on a roll with it, so takng a break then I'm going to get the darn thing done today!! (or tonight?!)
 
I could not feel my fingers after pulling the Marquee. Wet AND cold. I was given a pair of nice leather gloves and it wasn't raining when I put the new stuff up. Went and got propane. Had 6 hours and 4 minutes giving 17.46 for the week so far. Just had last night's dinner reheated. I see Blue Bell in my future if only a Fudge bar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Today we were invited to the Legal Department of our University by the Chief of their library. He was keen to present books from the possesion of my great grandfather. A nerdy and very special event, bewitching.

small_D18_7617.webp
small_D18_7614.webp
 
Another 6 plus day. 24.58 with a day to go. The Floor People are coming Friday night.
Never did have Blue Bell last night......
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom