What's new

The Coffee House

How cool Frank!

Same ol', same ol'... a little snow, a temp drop, a little more snow for the weekend... I'm still messing with this tangling floss but I'm determined to finish this darn thing! lol
 
Hey Hosers! Wine and chocolate last night, rainy weather plus dehydration = fighting off a migraine all day today. Finally got a chance to rest in a dark room for an hour which seems to have done the trick. Going to order some Panera delivery and just rest in tonight. It’s pouring and very windy here. Lots of trees down and traffic issues.
 
My phones weather bug is almost useless. It WAS right about the temp this morning.
But it had 47 as high and nearly 60 was the truth. Earlier it said 32 tonight.
now it says 35. What ever....
 
Just above freezing for us today, At least the rain stopped and the sun came out for a bit. Short lived reprieve it's getting cold again.
 
Hey Hosers! Wine and chocolate last night, rainy weather plus dehydration = fighting off a migraine all day today. Finally got a chance to rest in a dark room for an hour which seems to have done the trick. Going to order some Panera delivery and just rest in tonight. It’s pouring and very windy here. Lots of trees down and traffic issues.
Ugh, sorry for the migraine, Cat. Your post started off so well with the words "wine and chocolate," too! :( A migraine just doesn't seem fair.

We've had some of that wind the last few days. It has died down a little today, but colder air is coming in. Gonna be a chilly weekend!
 
We've had it pretty good this year. Very little snow so far. Keep getting missed. Started out about 15 F this morning and steadily dropping. The wind is just crazy. Like, "Sweep the planet clean", crazy. "Try and keep the truck on the road", crazy. Actually wore my coat for the first time this year. (I do keep it in the truck in case of breakdowns and such) Expected to be -10 tonight and 4 or 5 tomorrow. Just hope the wind dies down. That's what really makes it unbearable.

Trust me, it could be much worse. Experienced it many times and not complaining. Just hate the heating bill when it dips down like this. Hopefully it's short lived, and we can move on to spring. But, I've seen this before, and it usually means we'll be DUMPED on in March. The snowblowers are tuned up and ready......I'm not!
 
My Sister who is a great humanitarian spent the night with a friend. So I have the truck. So I had to scrape a window so I could get here. The truck doesn't tell me the temp. It also never gets as warm as the car. Today is my last day this week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
30.36 hours for 5 days. Not too shabby.
It's still a little chilly outside but the sun is bright and there are only some high wispy clouds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Everyone check your lunar eclipse shots, to see if you caught this. During the Lunar Eclipse, Something Slammed Into the Moon haven't checked mine yet. If I did I probably thought it was dust and cloned it out. LOL
I did catch something just a couple of degrees away, at about the 1000 position, just a couple of minutes before totality. Unfortunately, it only resolves itself as a string of about five pixels, but it's very definitely something...
 
"Dead Pixels in the Sky"
4against1

Maybe these five guys were out there in little spaceships...



Nah, just some music for a Friday.
 
The sun is shining!! So I've got some cyanotypes going...

I like this fabric better than pretreated paper, it's usually too flimsy. With the first one I headed to the kitchen sink then thought, oh sh... I forget about dishes in the sink, but there were only a couple of things in there. Then when the water hit the fabric it all went blue, so I thought well, I'll see... But yeah, it turned out. Not going to do any more yet til I figure out for the quilting class I'm going to take what size the pattern pieces will be so I can plan the fabric design.
 
Saturday morning not at work. What a novel idea. I didn't get the last molested mug out of the pot. While it's not freshly brewed first mug it's not burned too bad.
May go to Wal-Mart in Livingston today.
Something possibly there I'd like to try.
It's said to be 40 outside going up to 61 this afternoon. We'll see what happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Got back a little bit ago from my morning hike with Sadie. It was 28 when we headed out, but no wind so it made for a pleasantly brisk walk. Some of the steeper parts of the trail were a little icy so I had to be wary of footing. It's hard to push myself to get out there when conditions are difficult, but I can feel and see the difference in my general health and weight that the consistent exercise is bringing.
 
On the back porch the thermometer says 41. It is cloudy for the next several hours.
I probably will not venture out until the sun comes back.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom