What's new

The Coffee House

Went to a wake last night. One of the members of our Softball board lost her husband. Because they were both so involved in the community and have 3 kids in HS who all play sports, I think everyone in town was at the wake. We waited outside in the freezing cold over an hour to get inside to pay our respects. I’m sure the number of people there was both a comfort and an ordeal for the family. It started at 4 and was just about 7 when we were leaving and the line was still around the corner.

I was chilled to the bone when we got home and tried soup and a hot shower to warm up but just couldn’t get past it. Woke up today with sore muscles and a stuffy nose.

Lots to do this weekend. Might try my hand at refinishing a side board. Thinking of using what’s called a Bermuda Blending technique to make it really colorful. Anyone tried something like this?
 
I'm sorry for the loss in your community, Sharon! :heartpump: From what you've said, this man was very much appreciated and well liked. I hope the family does gain some comfort from everyone showing up like that.

Thinking of using what’s called a Bermuda Blending technique to make it really colorful. Anyone tried something like this?

I've not heard of this technique specifically, but I own a couple of off-pieces that have similar looks, though maybe not as colorful. Looks fun! Post some before and after shots, if you decide to go for it. The restorations I've done have all been pretty straightforward sanding/staining, nice results but nothing fancy.
 
I did venture out. It's nearly 60 out there. I went to the Wal-Mart Super Center in Livingston and they did not have the food item I was looking for. But I got a strap for a Digital watch and one for my BSH Invicta. Listening to R&B and Soul on Youtube. Still feels weird not having gone to work this morning.
 
Morning kids. It's a might chilly in the house. Decent mug of coffee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Monday Madness begins in approximately 10 minutes. At least the supply truck isn't here yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Had 5.47 today. She wants/needs pennies tomorrow. Off to the post office.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Sister made a spaghetti like substance from spaghetti squash. Not the worst thing ever. Also carrots and crock pot chicken.
The chicken was perfect.
Finished my box that Trish will buy tomorrow. Have been going back through my copper pennies again. Pretty much any scratch or ding and they are going back to the wild.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Where is everybody?? David's talking to himself! lol

Terri the cyanotyped fabric is still sitting on the kitchen table and that's as far as it's gotten! Maybe I'll motivate to scan one.

Not expecting sun anytime soon, we may have a flash freeze. I still have a tiny hill of snow from the plow that could be a good size for squirrels to ski down.

Hope everybody farther north stays safe in the bitter cold coming.
 
I've had spaghetti squash, I like it but it makes so much. Out of season here I think.

What do pennies do out in the wild?? lol
 
Also there are anything from deep full reverse down to worn reverse.
Full but not deep all get put together in rolls. 82 and to a lesser extent 81 back are the most likely to have deep reverse.
Worn reverse back to the wild.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Anywhere from 5 to 10 copper go into each roll I look through and roll up to put into the box. That's the wild.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
They can't get too wild in a box, can they?

I think I've been stuck indoors too much...
 
Happy Tuesday!

Stuffed bell peppers, last night; MLW did a wonderful job on them.

Rain today, switching to snow this evening, mainly north and west of the city. Tonight the slushy mix is expected to re-freeze. I am commuting into town for the next two days for a Fed GIS conference so it's train time! I have a job interview on Thursday, but I don't expect much in the result - it's GIS but in Transportation, not my area of comfort. I'm really not ready to go anywhere; I applied back when our contract renewal was an unknown so I'm just going along for the interviewing practice.

@JonA_CT: Feds are open for t least three weeks, so hopefully, Tox can get closer to opening.
 
So irritated, have nothing to do today, nowhere to go, my plan was to sleep in late. So 5 am comes I'm awake, tried to convince myself I could go back to sleep, but it wasn't happening. :BangHead:

At least the winter storm threat we were under didn't materialize.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom