What's new

The Coffee House

I’m spoiled by the pick-up on my Pilot. That thing moves when you hit the gas, even on hills which is where I’ve found that 4cl will let you down, especially with a heavier suv type of car. I always choose a suv from the aisle at National rental when I travel so I’ve driven a bunch of different model suvs for more than just a test drive.
The 2.0 liter turbo is matched up with a 10-speed auto, not the CVT. Is was peppy enough in the Accord sport level. if we decided to stay with a sedan, that would have been my choice.

. . . lower level Jeeps like the Liberty and Freedom (I think it was called?).
The Compass. The new little one is the Renegade which is based on the Fiat 500X.
 
4C3B1D56-C586-4E2E-B7B9-0D0D28443176.webp



I’m gonna stay inside today.
 
@JonA_CT that’s good frozen soap bubble temps if you can find a spot out of the wind.

Last year
 
Holy crap! It's cold up there. I grew up in Michigan, and learned to drive and generally cope with winter weather. Now I'm in GA, where any temps below freezing are troublesome, and temps below the 20's are an outrage. :lol:

Stay safe and warm up there, New England hosers!
 
With me being born in Melbourne Australia, I totally hate cold weather as I say I Don`t do Winter.
 
I just hibernate.
 
5 hours and some. I looked at it but can't remember. Not more than 20 minutes.
Martin Luther King had the right idea.
It's a shame he was struck down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Bah, you hosers don't appreciate winter at all! :cool:
 
Bah, you hosers don't appreciate winter at all! :cool:

I HATE the cold dark mornings, then HATE the snow :p

And I despise the heat and think the summer sun is oppressive and hellish. :345:

As long as the heat is about 73 ish then I`m happy :)

My comfort zone is cooler than that, probably 40s and 50s. My body works best when it's cold enough to need a jacket. It takes me no time at all to warm up, so there are temps that would be fine if I were just sitting still, but if I have to move at all, I get too hot. So 40s and 50s are good because when I start getting too hot, I can take off a layer and be comfortable and when I stop moving and start cooling off, I can put the layer back on and be fine.

When I lived in Pittsburgh, we had a big storm and then a cold snap. It was -22 air temp (-44 with wind chill.) I bundled up and walked to campus for school/work. By the time I got there (2 miles), I was sweating because I couldn't take a layer off. I mean seriously sweating. My hair was as wet as if I'd just taken a shower.

I think that's still the coldest day on record in Pittsburgh.

Edit: To be fair, -22 was the low. It started to warm up around 9am. I can't remember what time I walked to school, so it may have been more like -18 to -15 when I was walking. And it was a balmy -5 in the afternoon when I walked home. :D
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom