What's new

The Coffee House

For limr

0309D8EB-2BB9-4A3E-856F-3C5DEB619D34.webp
 
This is the time of year when working from home would be so great.

I do love working from home.

Bah, you hosers don't appreciate winter at all! :cool:

I do but not -10!

Bah, you hosers don't appreciate winter at all! :cool:

I HATE the cold dark mornings, then HATE the snow :p

The dark is what I hate too. And the wind.

Yesterday I`d say was just like a winters day, beautiful blue sky no wind at all but it was freezing cold.
 
While it's always hard for me to wake up pre-6am for work, I will admit that it is slightly harder when it's dark outside.

Having said that, though, shorter days (along with the colder temps) are a respite for me. Winter soothes me. Not saying that I would want to be out in negative temps all day long, but the thought of going out to do errands is much MUCH easier when it's 10F than when it's 90F.

This may help explain my reaction to hot vs cold weather:
Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder: SAD in the Summer
 
Moved south to get away from the cold.......didnt move far enough. At least our cold weather only last for a few days. Guess that's why when it's only 10 degrees out you still see people on the streets wearing flip flops, shorts and hoodies. They figure it's not worth the effort to change wardrobe.
 

4429298505_42c26d6c0a_b.jpg


I don't even have a problem with the Pats. Just can't stand Brady. He is Such.A.Tool.
Lots of anguish in the sports world over the "non-call" during the Saints/Rams game yesterday. Me, I say it's karma for Bountygate! To see Sean Payton look so shellshocked over a bad call against his team did not bother me in the slightest.

Still, I get that lots of fans would have liked seeing the Old Goats Superbowl - Brady is 41, Brees is 40. But I'm with the kitty up there. ;)



386365094d69f21ff4e0d7afcaf710362cfaa73339141f9b1962b55d3d85702b.jpg
 
Yeah lots of whining on the web today about the non call. It was a gross mistake on the part of the refs and should be challengeable by the coach. But... why were they throwing the ball to begin with? All they needed was to run out the clock and kick the FG to win it if I’m remembering correctly.

Lots of whining too from the rest of the country about the OT coin flip and KC not getting a chance at the ball in OT. To that I say the game requires both defense and offense. Have to have both to win. They had Brady in a bind throwing for 9+ yards on 3rd down several times in the 4q 2 min drive and the OT drive and couldn’t stop him. That young QB is great but that’s not a championship caliber defense and Andy Reid just let it happen. Didn’t even call a time out to give his d line a breath and a chance to regroup before that last play with the game on the line. Crappy coaching.
 
This may help explain my reaction to hot vs cold weather:
Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder: SAD in the Summer

Huh, I'm the same way. Never knew it had a label or name. Have to look more into that.

I don't like the short hours of light, but winter has never depressed me. Don't hibernate either. Very active in the winter. My programmable thermostat doesn't vary much. 60 F when sleeping or gone. 65 F while getting ready for work or home in the evenings. I've turned it up for company, but many leave their coats on. Lol.

It's not about saving money. I hate heat. Anything over 85 F is miserable to me. In fact I've gotten physically ill when temps approach 100 F. That's when I hibernate. Anywhere with AC.
 
This may help explain my reaction to hot vs cold weather:
Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder: SAD in the Summer

Huh, I'm the same way. Never knew it had a label or name. Have to look more into that.

I don't like the short hours of light, but winter has never depressed me. Don't hibernate either. Very active in the winter. My programmable thermostat doesn't vary much. 60 F when sleeping or gone. 65 F while getting ready for work or home in the evenings. I've turned it up for company, but many leave their coats on. Lol.

It's not about saving money. I hate heat. Anything over 85 F is miserable to me. In fact I've gotten physically ill when temps approach 100 F. That's when I hibernate. Anywhere with AC.

Yup, I have gotten sick when it's hot, too. It definitely tied to humidity, too. I was visiting my friend in Virginia about 10 years ago, and went out for a jog early in the morning. It was around 7-7:30am and in the low 70s F, but very humid. I had to turn around within about 5-10 minutes and walk back to her house to drink ice water and lie in front of a fan. I came >< this close to vomiting.

My eyes are particularly sensitive to light, and bright light can trigger a headache, even with sunglasses on, so that's why I really don't mind the lack of light.
 
Tuesday. Not quite as bad as Monday.
Decent coffee. Temp creeping up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
My new house accommodates three families and an elderly couple

In this high density world of yours, how many square feet of living space do they consider adequate to accommodate a family?


it depends on how deep your pockets are.

we are lucky and pay just over 1000€ for 108sqm /four bed rooms per including central heating and all other expenses.

In the new house three families will have 140sqm each plus garden access and pay roughly 12€ plus 2€ expenses per sqm per month. This is obviously not for the poor but is just 4% RoI because building costs are really high
 
I’m sure substantially less than in the US, Smoke. The family dynamic is different.

Marie Kondo, who is Japanese, has been making waves the last few weeks because of her Netflix show on tidying. She mentions several times how Americans value space differently than other cultures. She was especially shocked by the size of American kitchens. We value it as a family meeting space, and there’s a lot of cultural emphasis placed on cooking. For others, it’s just a prep space, haha.

I’ll keep my family-sized kitchen, though.

In other news, I’m back at work today. Finally.


one of the family appartements has a 55 sqm kitchen / living room open space with direct private garden access...
 
We are in the minus 10 Celsius area here and the sun rise by the river is gorgeous!

The river is a ten minute walk from home.

IMG_20190122_152132.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom