What's new

The Coffee House

I have to say the US tax system and US weather sounds like a challenge.

Take care all.
 
The tax system does leave something to be desired. In my part of Texas the biggest weather problem is Hurricane.

5 hours and a few minutes or so.
35.25 for the week. Off to the post office and then the box at the front of the neighborhood and then home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
I’ve made it 10 years of working in school without catching any of the stomach bugs that circulate several times of year.

It was a good run. I’ll be in bed with a sleeve of saltines and some pedialyte.

Ugh, sorry! Stomach flu, in my experience, is thankfully short but very intense. Hope you feel better soon!

Meanwhile, my cold is hanging on like a vice. Had a bad night of coughing last night. Finally fell asleep for real (rather than dozing) around 4am, and woke up feeling like my head and neck had been used as a pinata.

Had breakfast, some coffee to help deal with the headache, and now I have couch, blanket, kitties, and The Empire Strikes Back.
 
I’ve made it 10 years of working in school without catching any of the stomach bugs that circulate several times of year.

It was a good run. I’ll be in bed with a sleeve of saltines and some pedialyte.

Ugh no fun. We've managed to avoid it so far. It's pretty bad in the schools, they closed most of the area schools Thursday and supposedly reopening on Monday. Hope you recover quickly.

Today the weather here is 99.99999% perfect. The sun is shining, the sky's are blue, and the Temperature is 70 degrees. This would be my ideal year round. Didn't even mind the finishing up pruning the fruit trees.
 
Oh Jon, your days were probably numbered! lol I used to catch every respiratory thing that came down the pike, and I washed my hands a hundred times a day. (OK those may be over estimates or out and out exaggerations...) Hope you feel better. Our good ol' family doctor used to suggest saltine crackers and sip 7up (but I suppose you have your kids' pedialyte to borrow!).

Leo if you watch Empire then you've got to watch Jedi to make sure it all turns out OK! Hope you feel better, if you keep the cough or temp all weekend I think you might be in for a trip to the Dr. Monday.

Did you know there's a Cat Bowl and a Kitten Bowl??!!! I'm watching Monk, that's about all I ever watch on Hallmark. Tomorrow afternoon I understand there's a big football game on, my plan is to watch Curling Worlds. USA lost to Sweden last night in a shootout which consisted of throwing - one stone.
 
Our good ol' family doctor used to suggest saltine crackers and sip 7up (but I suppose you have your kids' pedialyte to borrow!).

For me, it's saltines and ginger ale. And mint tea. Ginger and peppermint help settle the stomach.

Leo if you watch Empire then you've got to watch Jedi to make sure it all turns out OK!

I know, I can't wait to see what happens! ;)

Hope you feel better, if you keep the cough or temp all weekend I think you might be in for a trip to the Dr. Monday.

The temperature raises to about 99 at night, so it's not an all-day fever. The cough is pretty normal, actually. Any time I get any kind of cold, even a mild one (and this is not a mild one), it always settles in my lungs. After three years in Istanbul pollution and then living with black mold for over a year in Portugal (and getting pneumonia as a result), my lungs are a bit vulnerable to upper respiratory infection.

Did you know there's a Cat Bowl and a Kitten Bowl??!!! I'm watching Monk, that's about all I ever watch on Hallmark. Tomorrow afternoon I understand there's a big football game on, my plan is to watch Curling Worlds. USA lost to Sweden last night in a shootout which consisted of throwing - one stone.

I know! Total feline score tomorrow! :D Didn't realize curling was on. I doubt I'll be watching the Super Bowl tomorrow. I like football, but I really don't care much about the Super Bowl. And I can always catch the commercials online.
 
Keep enjoying tea and kitties. I have asthma and mine's flared up with a fairly mild respiratory whatever this week so I hope your breathing stays OK. I think this rapid mild to cold back and forth is wreaking havoc. I have my new warm mist 'humidifier' going, which is just a fancy new and improved vaporizer (it is easier to fill and doesn't spurt all over the place!).

Tonight my best friend is coming up with lasagna and garlic bread from a local place along with my grocery order which includes wine - because. It's maybe going to be an early evening, although the asthma meds have me wide awake. Once I retired early from teaching I haven't needed them til the past couple of years at times and I forgot how wired I get on the inhalers - like a whole pot of coffee going all day without the enjoyment of actually drinking coffee. I don't like it one bit! I may have to switch to decaf for the duration, although caffeine can help with the asthma, helps open up the ol' bronchial tubes!

Oh, the Cat Bowl is tonight?! Wasn't paying much attention to the commercial but it looks like the cats are laying around, playing with toys, wandering around - they don't expect cats to follow signals and all go in the same direction down the 'field' do they?? lol I should try to remeber to turn it on, but there's Quebec league junior hockey soon and Hockey Night in Canada tonight so we'll see.
 
have asthma and mine's flared up with a fairly mild respiratory whatever this week so I hope your breathing stays OK. I think this rapid mild to cold back and forth is wreaking havoc. I have my new

I was diagnosed with adult onset Asthma at age 60 though I suspect it had been going for awhile. It got pretty bad for a few years. Ended up in the ER several times. Then last year it mysteriously started getting better. So much so that my Pulmonologist is gradually weaning me off the meds.

Temperature changes didn't bother me much but humidity was one of my triggers.
 
Thanks, all. I’m running a fever but my stomach has chilled out now. The kids have had a particularly tough day, so my wife is on her last nerve. She just left to pick up dinner from McDonalds for her and the kids...a sure sign she’s just about had it. I’ve been trying to help but horizontal feels a lot better than vertical.
 
We're looking at a camper tomorrow. Our kids love camping, but after a few very wet trips last year, I'm over tent camping. Hopefully, everything will check out.

Random and personal question for y'all...I just finished my taxes, and my refund was significantly larger than I expected. Do you guys change your W4 to try to come as close to breaking even as possible each year? We're obviously making it with what we've been taking home, but I also feel like I shouldn't let the government make interest on my money while I could be.

First year I owned my home I got a whopper of a refund. Way more than we expected. Used it to build a nice covered deck and pay for summer vacation. I decided not to change my withholding and, with the next year’s refund I updated our furnace then after that used it toward new appliances... while yes I could go back to break even, I won’t. I know that they have “my” money when I could have it but I like getting that big refund without having to think about putting it aside every month or being tempted to use it for other little things throughout the year or worrying about owing the government money. It’s always earmarked for a home improvement and anything leftovergoes toward upgrading our vacation plans.

I’ve made it 10 years of working in school without catching any of the stomach bugs that circulate several times of year.

It was a good run. I’ll be in bed with a sleeve of saltines and some pedialyte.

Sorry bud. That stinks. Hope you’re well enough to eat some wings and other Super Bowl goodies.
 
Got a haircut today and apparently we were not on the same page because it’s a good 2 inches shorter than I wanted. I thought I was pretty clear, even had a photo of the cut and style that I wanted... but nope. Not a total disaster, it’s actually a pretty nice cut but definitely not what I asked for and definitely not what I expected. Good thing it’s only hair and will grow out by summer. Has anyone seen my TB12 hat?
 
Jaysus, would someone please keep George Lucas away from Star Wars once and for all? With every new release, he makes more changes that are just bad.

End of Jedi when Vader tosses the Emperor over the rail into the pit? Vader was silent the whole time, and it totally worked that way. But now. Lucas had to mess with it. He added audio of Vader saying, in the cheesiest possible way, "No....NOOOOOOOO!" And it just so does not work at all.

No wonder Lucas' first wife, Marcia, won an Oscar for editing the original movie. Left to his own devices, he would have made a joke of a movie.
 
At least you won
Got a haircut today and apparently we were not on the same page because it’s a good 2 inches shorter than I wanted. I thought I was pretty clear, even had a photo of the cut and style that I wanted... but nope. Not a total disaster, it’s actually a pretty nice cut but definitely not what I asked for and definitely not what I expected. Good thing it’s only hair and will grow out by summer. Has anyone seen my TB12 hat?
At least you won't have to go back for a while, and you'll save some cash.
 
Morning all, sun is out and it`s cold plus we have a heavy Jack Frost. Susie and I are off to Mums today.
 
It is overcast outside. Going to hit low 70s today. I had allergies when I was younger.
Haven't been hit too hard in several years.
Apparently the dogs tired themselves out overnight because for the most part they are draped here and there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom