What's new

The Coffee House

Hey hosers.

That same squall made passed over here, too. It was wild. Went through around 4pm yesterday. Luckily it didn't cause too much issue with the roads, so my commute home was fine.

Today, I am home sick, so it can be whatever the hell it wants to be outside.

I still crack the window open at night.
 
At least it's warmer where I am, but serious air pollution this week.

Over 200 for PM 2.5 - which means Hazardous for all people. Going to take some street photos tomorrow of everyone wearing their masks.
 
Over 200 for PM 2.5 - which means Hazardous for all people. Going to take some street photos tomorrow of everyone

Even with a mask that would likely send me to the ER. Is this because of weather (inversion) or man made?
 
Over 200 for PM 2.5 - which means Hazardous for all people. Going to take some street photos tomorrow of everyone

Even with a mask that would likely send me to the ER. Is this because of weather (inversion) or man made?

Mainly man made. No rain or wind to clear the pollution from intense traffic, uncontrolled industry and smoke from field burning that drifts in to the city.
 
20190131_175930(0).webp
 
No rain or wind to clear the pollution from intense traffic, uncontrolled industry and smoke from field burning that drifts in to the city

We have that at times. Especially when there is a temperature inversion that traps it next to the ground.
 
Apparently Zelda has a cold, too :( She's been sneezing today. She sneezed several times in a row earlier this morning, then again a few minutes ago. She is now curled up on my lap.
 
Apparently Zelda has a cold, too :( She's been sneezing today. She sneezed several times in a row earlier this morning, then again a few minutes ago. She is now curled up on my lap.
Aww, poor Zelda! Hope she's better very soon.

Apparently this cold spell will be over for just about everyone by the weekend. Hang tough, stay safe, hosers!
 
A pink nose! :586: And a big mama's girl, too.
 
Aww Zelda...

I have something like a cold too, started with an asthma gasping thing a couple of days ago first thing in the morning, then sneezing and sniffling and feels now like a head cold. I'm running my warm mist 'humidifier' (well that's what it says on the box!) but it's a little easier to fill than my old spurting vaporizer. Got it on the higher setting - it has actually 2 whole settings! Helped me feel better yesterday.

At least it looks nice and sunny, for now... We got a little snow last night and weren't supposed to, but the cold predicted, that we got. At least it's a brief dip then back into warmer temps. I feel for all you hosers who have had to go out in it.

I'm going to get back to my project with the extra tangly floss because I'm determined to finish it, but have broken three needles now (two were included). I don't know if I've ever broken a needle before. Once it's done I'm throwing out the rest of this floss!
 
Yes Frank, it's coming from the north and next time they can keep it up there instead of sharing it with the rest of us! lol These kind of temps and conditions aren't like anything I remember ever having. It has dropped to single digits or a little below zero here, and it's not like I haven't had to run a trickle of water and leave cabinet doors open under the sinks, but I don't remember such extreme cold north of here and covering this much of the country quite like this. (Since when do they light the tracks on fire in Chicago?? a controlled burn of course.)

I don't even know what a vortex is, and no don't tell me! lol I'm with Leo, I'm under the weather and staying in out of the weather and don't give a rat's ass what the weather does out there.
 
Keep Zelda warm.

The polar vortex is just a low pressure area with wind that is swirling around it. Think of a hurricane without the damaging winds, and it isn't really moving - it just stays around the north pole.

I took off today - I had a job interview. It will take them about two weeks to make a decision and hire.
 
Looks like another sick day for me tomorrow. Feel worse than this morning and I have a fever. No more work for me this week. Probably should have taken yesterday off, too, but for a Board of Trustees presentation, one takes a fistful of Advil and Sudafed and sucks it up for one day.

Well, at least this way, I get four full days to recover.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom