What's new

The Coffee House

Morning all, still dark out and mild but chucking it down.
 
Hey all; not a regular of this coffee house and to be honest I'm having a beer, but I thought I'd check in... One of those hazy late winter days here, knocking on the door of 12 degrees but no shooting for me today unfortunately.. Have a good one all.. and as mentioned above, Happy Chinese New Year...
 
Hey all; not a regular of this coffee house and to be honest I'm having a beer, but I thought I'd check in... One of those hazy late winter days here, knocking on the door of 12 degrees but no shooting for me today unfortunately.. Have a good one all.. and as mentioned above, Happy Chinese New Year...

Welcome to the Coffee House. Coffee not required!

GM Hosers! I’m sure you all enjoyed seeing our Patriots win another Super Bowl.

Princess has already asked to skip school tomorrow for the parade. Unfortunately I won’t be able to get down there myself this year for photos.

In other news, the Red Sox equipment truck leaves Fenway today for Ft Meyers and baseball opening day is 3/28! My love of baseball makes the Patriots no more than a pleasant distraction in the mlb offseason.
 
I missed the second half of the game last night. I was flat out exhausted. Congrats on the Pats win.

The weather is going to be as nice as it will ever be for a February Parade...I'd want to skip school too!

Between the IV fluids, the rest, and some meds the doctor gave me to slow down my digestive system, I'm feeling about 80% better today. I came to work because I need to save my absences for when my children inevitably come down with the same thing.
 
I missed the second half of the game last night. I was flat out exhausted. Congrats on the Pats win.

The weather is going to be as nice as it will ever be for a February Parade...I'd want to skip school too!

Between the IV fluids, the rest, and some meds the doctor gave me to slow down my digestive system, I'm feeling about 80% better today. I came to work because I need to save my absences for when my children inevitably come down with the same thing.

Hope you feel better soon!
 
Glad you're doing better Jon, hope you keep getting better as the week goes along. Yeah, I think it should be a skip school day, or they should just close schools altogether!

Here Opening Day might as well be a holiday (and I can't believe we're talking baseball already!). Hadn't thought about it being time for training camp. I used to know it when I was working since a friend from work (we shared a classroom for years, alternate home visit/class days) is married to one of the Reds equipment managers. He always had to go before pitchers and catchers, and sometimes it was the end of January. I haven't heard on the news if The Trucks left yet ('Truck Day'!), maybe this week?

Flipped on NESN and half watching a history of The Beanpot. Everyone in the show, narrator, people being interviewed, all have Boston accents, which is noticeable to me since my ears are used to our nasal twang! They've been showing Jack Parker w/BU and that made me remember, I think they played here in a tournament too, I swear I think I have a picture of him walking out on the ice; and then I happened to think it was him and Red Berenson of Michigan, is that possible? Boy I'd have to hunt to find those pictures.
 
Glad you're doing better Jon, hope you keep getting better as the week goes along. Yeah, I think it should be a skip school day, or they should just close schools altogether!

Here Opening Day might as well be a holiday (and I can't believe we're talking baseball already!). Hadn't thought about it being time for training camp. I used to know it when I was working since a friend from work (we shared a classroom for years, alternate home visit/class days) is married to one of the Reds equipment managers. He always had to go before pitchers and catchers, and sometimes it was the end of January. I haven't heard on the news if The Trucks left yet ('Truck Day'!), maybe this week?

Flipped on NESN and half watching a history of The Beanpot. Everyone in the show, narrator, people being interviewed, all have Boston accents, which is noticeable to me since my ears are used to our nasal twang! They've been showing Jack Parker w/BU and that made me remember, I think they played here in a tournament too, I swear I think I have a picture of him walking out on the ice; and then I happened to think it was him and Red Berenson of Michigan, is that possible? Boy I'd have to hunt to find those pictures.

Did they talk about the Blizzard of 78 and all of the people that got stranded at the Beanpot and had to stay overnight in the Gahden ?
 
Not that I heard today, Sharon, but that sounds familiar, I've probably heard the story. I was in college for the blizzard of '78, I knew when I woke up and there was snow plastered to the window that I wouldn't be student teaching that day. They sent in the Nat'l Guard to dig us out.

The school colors for all 4 teams are red.

'But have you seen the trophy? It's a pot of beans.'

 
Last edited:
Northeastern defeated BU in a quick under a minute OT. So on to next Monday...

Meanwhile I saw the same clip I don't know how many times of an interview in front of a truck being loaded or unloaded, maybe game equipment coming back? Left on NESN after the game and saw a highlight of the team arriving back. Finally, some hockey news...

No, here's the same clip again... this time they showed them painting the truck, it's Red Sox Truck Day.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom