What's new

The Coffee House

See, they shouldn't name storms after people! lol Sunshine's coming.

I'm going to do timed test strips of the cyanotype fabrics in a more controlled way than leaving it on the table in the window and going, what time did I put that in the window? lol Well that was just to see what the fabric did. Might as well sit something on the strips in case they do turn out so I'll have a stirp of patterned fabric, I might be able to use it. And then I'll scan them all and post something!
 
Eric was ok as watered the garden yesterday, but he was very windy today.
On a good note, we popped in to a charity shop and OMG a brand new X-T2 and think XF 56mm for sale for about £65 or£70 so I might end up having that as Mum went back down once I can home with Susie.
 
My Morning Scare

Every morning just after daylight, Sadie and I walk the fire lanes/trails around the property. At the farthest point of the loop we make, the trail traverses a section of dark and dreary swamp. Today, as I approached the entrance I thought I detected moaning, but the wind was blowing, so I just assumed that it was the sound that the wind sometimes makes in the trees and continued on.

As we got deeper into the darkness the sound became louder, and caused the hair to rise up on my neck. Just as we rounded a corner in the trail, ahead in the murky light I could see something on the ground. My hand instinctively went to the pistol I always carry in the woods. I called Sadie in close and eased up to investigate. There on the ground was an elderly woman in tattered, filthy clothes, laying face down, and moaning softly.

Having been trained as a First Responder, I gently reached down to roll her over. Without warning she grabbed my hand and started trying bite it, as if she would chew it off. Without hesitation I smacked her on the head with the pistol hard enough that it startled her into letting go. Immediately I started backing up, but the old woman, quick as a snake grabbed my leg and started pulling it.




Kind of like I'm pulling yours :allteeth: Now that I've hopefully brought a smile to your face, y'all have a great Saturday!

Did not get me though :biggrin-93:
 
I currently have the house to myself (along with the dogs). Dad and Sister went to Lufkin because my aunt is up there in a psychological hospital. She takes meds to keep her calm and somebody messed up.
She attacked another person in her nursing home and got sent up to the hospital.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Morning all, very cloudy with rain today but very mild. Think I might take up Tap Dancing and Knitting...lol
 
It's supposed to get to 69 today.
It's my Dad's birthday today.
We are to have an omelette for breakfast.
Turkey and some of the trimmings for dinner. Watching the Greg Gutfeld show on DVR. Later I'll look through 12 rolls of pennies and do my comics online.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
My day today weather wise was grot... ie Raining so come sunshine please come back :)
 
Been snowing just enough to be pretty. It's brightening up and the birds started chirping so maybe it will just stay like this? Or maybe not, it's supposed to keep snowing... but not too much!
 
Morning all, sun is out but have to wait in for repair man as there is a leak in the bathroom.
 
Yesterday was one of our infamous cold/damp days. In the low 40's, but the mist and wind made it seem frigid out. Today and tomorrow supoosed to be back to low 60's but the rain continues. DW has doctor appointments both days so st least we'll be inside.
 
Last edited:
Propane day. I'm in Cold Springs.
It's rather dreary outside. But the temperature is nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
My Morning Scare

Every morning just after daylight, Sadie and I walk the fire lanes/trails around the property. At the farthest point of the loop we make, the trail traverses a section of dark and dreary swamp. Today, as I approached the entrance I thought I detected moaning, but the wind was blowing, so I just assumed that it was the sound that the wind sometimes makes in the trees and continued on.

As we got deeper into the darkness the sound became louder, and caused the hair to rise up on my neck. Just as we rounded a corner in the trail, ahead in the murky light I could see something on the ground. My hand instinctively went to the pistol I always carry in the woods. I called Sadie in close and eased up to investigate. There on the ground was an elderly woman in tattered, filthy clothes, laying face down, and moaning softly.

Having been trained as a First Responder, I gently reached down to roll her over. Without warning she grabbed my hand and started trying bite it, as if she would chew it off. Without hesitation I smacked her on the head with the pistol hard enough that it startled her into letting go. Immediately I started backing up, but the old woman, quick as a snake grabbed my leg and started pulling it.




Kind of like I'm pulling yours :allteeth: Now that I've hopefully brought a smile to your face, y'all have a great Saturday!


Yea, The Zombie-Apocalypse finally arrived!!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom