What's new

The Coffee House

Tomorrows forecast is for sunny spells but breezy.
I like the idea of having all storms called Billy Bob, as love that name.
 
Morning all, no rain at the moment but we have very bad gusty winds and strong too think Susie and I are off to Mums today.
 
Woke at 03:59 - Into the mountain and spent an hour shooting in -15.. It was awesome, even managed to catch a little visibility of the galactic centre which was awesome but next time, I'm going with the idea of shooting the stars not the sunrise! Clouds blanketed the city, could barely tell where the snow ended and the sky began, at least 6ft of snow up there.. What a way to start the weekend...... Can't wait to get a good luck at the shots and see what is for editing! And now I'm having a well earned Stella...(Beer...not woman)
 
I am scanning old Fujichrome and Kodachrome slides. Very convinent with the ES-2 and the D850. The scans have a lot of editing leverage, I can extract details never seen before not in projection even.

small_edt_D18_7755_00001.webp



I took this picture in 1986 when I was working on an organic farm near my home town... Kodakchrome in the famous original paper frames with rounded corners



...
 
I scanned around 500 slides for my dad a few years ago, a lot of his diving and deep sea welding stuff, it was great...
 
and here's me this morning courtesy of my wife's iPhone

Beautiful spot, but looks really cold, and I don't do really cold anymore. Getting up at 4 am probably wouldn't happen either unless it was to use the bathroom. :ambivalence:

@Frank F. I applaude your effort. I have several large boxes of slides taken by my father, that I need to sort through and copy. I intended on doing it this winter, but looks like it's going to be postponed again.
 
My Morning Scare

Every morning just after daylight, Sadie and I walk the fire lanes/trails around the property. At the farthest point of the loop we make, the trail traverses a section of dark and dreary swamp. Today, as I approached the entrance I thought I detected moaning, but the wind was blowing, so I just assumed that it was the sound that the wind sometimes makes in the trees and continued on.

As we got deeper into the darkness the sound became louder, and caused the hair to rise up on my neck. Just as we rounded a corner in the trail, ahead in the murky light I could see something on the ground. My hand instinctively went to the pistol I always carry in the woods. I called Sadie in close and eased up to investigate. There on the ground was an elderly woman in tattered, filthy clothes, laying face down, and moaning softly.

Having been trained as a First Responder, I gently reached down to roll her over. Without warning she grabbed my hand and started trying bite it, as if she would chew it off. Without hesitation I smacked her on the head with the pistol hard enough that it startled her into letting go. Immediately I started backing up, but the old woman, quick as a snake grabbed my leg and started pulling it.




Kind of like I'm pulling yours :allteeth: Now that I've hopefully brought a smile to your face, y'all have a great Saturday!
 
Last edited:
4 hours and some. 31.27 for the week.
According to my phone 38 going up to 45 at 2pm and then falling again....
Texas weather. If you don't like wait an hour or so and it'll change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
I am scanning old Fujichrome and Kodachrome slides. Very convinent with the ES-2 and the D850. The scans have a lot of editing leverage, I can extract details never seen before not in projection even.

View attachment 169028


I took this picture in 1986 when I was working on an organic farm near my home town... Kodakchrome in the famous original paper frames with rounded corners



...
This is really beautiful. @D7K: Your shot is beautiful, too - but, between the two, somehow I'd rather see myself in Frank's shot than yours. Gimme sunflowers over snow! ;)
 
My Morning Scare

Every morning just after daylight, Sadie and I walk the fire lanes/trails around the property. At the farthest point of the loop we make, the trail traverses a section of dark and dreary swamp. Today, as I approached the entrance I thought I detected moaning, but the wind was blowing, so I just assumed that it was the sound that the wind sometimes makes in the trees and continued on.

As we got deeper into the darkness the sound became louder, and caused the hair to rise up on my neck. Just as we rounded a corner in the trail, ahead in the murky light I could see something on the ground. My hand instinctively went to the pistol I always carry in the woods. I called Sadie in close and eased up to investigate. There on the ground was an elderly woman in tattered, filthy clothes, laying face down, and moaning softly.

Having been trained as a First Responder, I gently reached down to roll her over. Without warning she grabbed my hand and started trying bite it, as if she would chew it off. Without hesitation I smacked her on the head with the pistol hard enough that it startled her into letting go. Immediately I started backing up, but the old woman, quick as a snake grabbed my leg and started pulling it.




Kind of like I'm pulling yours :allteeth: Now that I've hopefully brought a smile to your face, y'all have a great Saturday!

Wow, you had me until the pistol whip. Have a great Saturday.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom