What's new

The Coffee House

Morning all, sun is trying to come out and it`s quite mild again but very windy out.
 
Loving the warmer weather, but that means the start of my busy season as I rush to get everything done outside before the onset of the "Yellow Curse". Every spring when the pine trees bloom there is a cloud of yellow pollen in the air. It covers everything with a layer of the cursed dust. The least little disturbance stirs it up, the sinuses rebel and swell, the nose runs and the eyes burn.
 
Sounds like a truly magical time :D
 
Well the sun was lovely when it came out today, but the high winds did make it nippy out.
 
The state has been doing the pre-season trout stocking for a couple of weeks; I just got my license. :D
 
It's a little early here for people to go fishing, usually it's summer when school's out before I start seeing people walking along with their fishing poles. But yeah, had to go to the license bureau and saw signs about getting fishing licenses. My experience fishing with kids at camp was mostly untangling fishing line, and the way they'd keep smacking the water I think we just terrorized the fish! lol

We've got lots of rain here, FujiDave, give it some time and it will probably come your way. Makes for a cloudy rainy day that makes me feel like just doing crafts in between trips to check the dryer (but I haven't exactly gotten a lot done!).
 
It's a ridiculously warm day - 80'F out there, with sun and fluffy white clouds. The house thermostat claims it's 76'F in here - 76! :eek: We typically keep it on 68 during the winter. It feels warm and sluggish outside. We were out running errands and didn't bother with the dashboard shield - and ended up feeling so stifled we had to run the A/C. In February.

The jonquils are popping, and so are the weeds. Thankfully, we're due for a swift chill-down by the weekend. As much as I appreciate not having to run the heat, this sucks. I'm not ready for Spring yet!
 
The jonquils are popping

We saw some today, I was shocked. These false start springs wreck havoc on our fruit trees.
 
It's a little early here for people to go fishing, usually it's summer when school's out before I start seeing people walking along with their fishing poles. But yeah, had to go to the license bureau and saw signs about getting fishing licenses. My experience fishing with kids at camp was mostly untangling fishing line, and the way they'd keep smacking the water I think we just terrorized the fish! lol

We've got lots of rain here, FujiDave, give it some time and it will probably come your way. Makes for a cloudy rainy day that makes me feel like just doing crafts in between trips to check the dryer (but I haven't exactly gotten a lot done!).

Wonder if that`s all the rain we are getting tomorrow, and all day too.
 
Yeah Dave, probably, isn't it nice we can share?? lol 80 Terri! 80?! whew. It's about 60 here and dropped to 66 in the house so I turned the heat up a notch. Yep, cold coming this weekend, it is just February.

And I agree, the early blast of spring wreaks havoc with plants & trees. I'm just far enough north to not be affected by it so much here. My best friend is maybe a 20-30 minute drive south of me and she said last weekend how much snow was still here. Things used to bloom a good couple of weeks later here than at work.

There's been flooding and apparently storms went thru well north of me where they have power outages.
 
Morning all, well the rain woke me up and it is chucking it down so won`t be up to much today.
 
It's a might chilly outside. The truck doesn't tell me. 26.55 with a day to go. Apparently I have nothing to take home. Post Office and then to the box at the front of the neighborhood and then home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
So we have been battered all day by Storm Eric. Know need to give them a name, just say something like, a storm will batter folk today :)
 
Know need to give them a name, just say something like, a storm will batter folk today :)

That's so people can blame someone. Imagine a few days from now some poor fellow walks into a bar, when they ask his name, he says Eric. :aiwebs_016:
 
I don't know how they got started naming them, especially storms... I mean, we have thunderstorms often enough I don't see a need. That's right Smoke, I wouldn't want to have one named after me!! Dave, there should be sunshine coming your way, it's cold but beautiful blue sky and sunshine here!

Being home on weekdays isn't usually all that interesting and neither is daytime TV, but I just flipped over to the hearing and popcorn worthy is an understatement; this is serious stuff. This man seems incapable of answering a yes-no question. One of them told him to quit trying to run out the clock. Sort of like getting called into the principal's office or yelled at by your mom.

I have just a little more to do with my super tangling floss and I'm done! lol It wouldn't have been worth taking it all out and starting over with better quality than whatever was put in this little kit, but I got far enough along I wanted to finish it. Not buying one of these again!

Now to unpack boxed left by the brown truck that are unfortunately more supplies than fun stuff.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom