What's new

The Coffee House

25.22 for the week
Better than a poke in the eye.
Definitely too wet to burn anything at our property. I am eating Pineapple chunks.
Figure it's a little better than fried food.
At the PO I'm going to mail off for yet another watch. If it is everything I've been reading about it will get a lot of wearing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Sorry, don't normally share these, but I found this familiar. LOL
Untitled-1.webp
 
'Applelaychens'. I didn't know I had a southern accent til I went north to college. Kind of lost it working in the city but got it back since I live out here with the cows and chickens. Goes well with the nasal twang.

Not much snow, the whole thing shifted south. I'm sick of french toast (buying bread and milk).
 
There's been a Columbo on from the '70's involving cameras. On the shelf back there behind him is a Colorpack like mine I think, and a couple of Polaroid packfilm 100-400 series cameras. Dick Van Dyke's character just popped one open to get the negative, one of the earlier roll film Polaroids. And incriminated himself - Polaroids save the day and catch the criminal!
 
A true Southerner never loses the accent totally. From the south all the way up into the Appalachians, and southern Virginia, people primarily speak a form of Elizabethan English, except in the cities and more densely populated areas, where the influence from others has diluted it. Back when I traveled a lot, I was surprised to find that rural Massachusetts was very similar. Had an old gentlemen tell me once that we both had the same accent, except where he lived it was to damn cold to draw everything out.
 
We're somewhere in the middle, not truly anything...
 
The car showed 70 degrees on the way home. This is Texas. If you don't like the weather wait a bit and it'll change.
 
We haz snow!

Southern Virginia is not the same as Southwestern Virginia. Southern Virginia includes places like Norfolk and Danville (on the Coastal Plain and the Piedmont). Southwestern VA is in the mountains: Big Stone Gap, Haysi, Dante, Clintwood, Norton, Pound . . .
 
Happy Saturday y'all.
Weird not to be at work.
May go to my favorite flea market in Cleveland and see if they have anything I can't live without. Have molested mug of coffee. Pretty much have to awaken at 4am to get good coffee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Headed to Spring BBQ Fundraiser at the Fire Hall. Going to seem strange this year to not be working, but will enjoy the time to sit and visit with friends from all over the valley. May be cut short if all the bad weather they are predicting for today comes through.
 
My phone is getting to the point that it must be replaced. The septic system has a working air pump. Several branches were placed on the burn pile. But here we are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Woohoo! Got the snow blower fixed. Part of it was my fault, but think we've got it figured out. Hope so, it's sleeting/snowing like an SOB right now. Find out tomorrow morning.

On a better note.....I'm now the proud owner of a Tamron 150-600mm. Sorry for the crummy cellphone pic. Without pics it didn't happen, right? Can't wait for spring!
 

Attachments

  • 20190309_120857.webp
    20190309_120857.webp
    352.2 KB · Views: 80

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom