What's new

The Coffee House

I'd say move south, but you do have that giant hockey stick, and Warroad, and, um, I don't know what else but lots of hockey so there is that.

According to this TV station there were at least 4 things to do in Minnesota this weekend, and this.
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/4043883-hockey-hair-video-highlights-seasons-best/

edit - Link isn't working, and I give up! It's on the website for Ch. 4 CBS Minnesota WCCO; look for Hockey Hair Highlights, Seasons Best!

I would, except I don't take heat well. Love it here. But mother nature is really testing us this winter.
 
What she finds so fascinating about those little critters is beyond me.
That's funny, Roxy has a similar fascination with toads. In the summer, we'll have toads popping up on the sidewalks at night. She will run up to them and smell them. That's all she does. Whenever they hop, she gets scared haha.
 
What she finds so fascinating about those little critters is beyond me.
That's funny, Roxy has a similar fascination with toads. In the summer, we'll have toads popping up on the sidewalks at night. She will run up to them and smell them. That's all she does. Whenever they hop, she gets scared haha.

Our first Britt would grab them. Common yard variety toads here, excrete a foul tasting substance through the skin that will cause a dog to have huge globs of foam at the mouth and shake their head for several minutes trying to get the taste out. Bless her heart Millie would never learn, no matter how many times it happened.
 
If I believe Sadie's internal weather clock, then yesterday must have been the first day of spring. She had the zoomies all day, constantly barking an pawing me to go outside. She spent most of the day on the deck, running from one side of the house to the other, chasing lizards. What she finds so fascinating about those little critters is beyond me. She doesn't kill them, but catches them, and brings them to the door. Its a little disconcerting to look up and see a wriggling tail hanging out of her mouth. Usually after a couple of hours she's ready to take a nap, but yesterday at 8 pm she was still wanting back out.

She may be thrown off by the whole Spring Forward thing. I know I am.
 
Just waiting for my XF50-140mm and XF56mm plus a Godox flash and transmitter to arrive.
 
She may be thrown off by the whole Spring Forward thing. I know I am.

Maybe, she wants to go outside now, but it's raining, so instead she's running up and down 2 flights of stairs, just as fast as she can go. Sounds like a cattle stampede every time.
 
If I believe Sadie's internal weather clock, then yesterday must have been the first day of spring. She had the zoomies all day, constantly barking an pawing me to go outside. She spent most of the day on the deck, running from one side of the house to the other, chasing lizards. What she finds so fascinating about those little critters is beyond me. She doesn't kill them, but catches them, and brings them to the door. Its a little disconcerting to look up and see a wriggling tail hanging out of her mouth. Usually after a couple of hours she's ready to take a nap, but yesterday at 8 pm she was still wanting back out.

She may be thrown off by the whole Spring Forward thing. I know I am.
Agreed! Falling back is much easier than Springing Forward. I've been mildly disconcerted by the extended daylight and the sense of being late in the morning. :lol:
 
5.56 hours today. 65 degrees and rain (lightly ). Two of our dogs never stop for long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
If I believe Sadie's internal weather clock, then yesterday must have been the first day of spring. She had the zoomies all day, constantly barking an pawing me to go outside. She spent most of the day on the deck, running from one side of the house to the other, chasing lizards. What she finds so fascinating about those little critters is beyond me. She doesn't kill them, but catches them, and brings them to the door. Its a little disconcerting to look up and see a wriggling tail hanging out of her mouth. Usually after a couple of hours she's ready to take a nap, but yesterday at 8 pm she was still wanting back out.

She may be thrown off by the whole Spring Forward thing. I know I am.
Agreed! Falling back is much easier than Springing Forward. I've been mildly disconcerted by the extended daylight and the sense of being late in the morning. :lol:

I’m the opposite. I’m annoyed at the time it takes my body/mind to adjust to the Spring forward but so so so happy about the extra daylight that I much prefer it to the fall back. That extra 1 hour of sleep on 1 day only is nothing to get excited about when it’s suddenly dark at 430pm! That throws me off for weeks.
 
If I believe Sadie's internal weather clock, then yesterday must have been the first day of spring. She had the zoomies all day, constantly barking an pawing me to go outside. She spent most of the day on the deck, running from one side of the house to the other, chasing lizards. What she finds so fascinating about those little critters is beyond me. She doesn't kill them, but catches them, and brings them to the door. Its a little disconcerting to look up and see a wriggling tail hanging out of her mouth. Usually after a couple of hours she's ready to take a nap, but yesterday at 8 pm she was still wanting back out.

She may be thrown off by the whole Spring Forward thing. I know I am.
Agreed! Falling back is much easier than Springing Forward. I've been mildly disconcerted by the extended daylight and the sense of being late in the morning. :lol:

I’m the opposite. I’m annoyed at the time it takes my body/mind to adjust to the Spring forward but so so so happy about the extra daylight that I much prefer it to the fall back. That extra 1 hour of sleep on 1 day only is nothing to get excited about when it’s suddenly dark at 430pm! That throws me off for weeks.

Meanwhile, that extra hour of sleep in Fall is everything to me. I don't give a tiny rat's ass if it gets dark at 4:30. I would rather have more light in the morning than have to feel like I am waking up in the middle of the night, like I did this morning.

Having said that, I wish they would do away with the entire concept. It's completely antiquated and unnecessary at best, and at worst, studies have shown that it can be actively harmful for modern lifestyles.
 
If I believe Sadie's internal weather clock, then yesterday must have been the first day of spring. She had the zoomies all day, constantly barking an pawing me to go outside. She spent most of the day on the deck, running from one side of the house to the other, chasing lizards. What she finds so fascinating about those little critters is beyond me. She doesn't kill them, but catches them, and brings them to the door. Its a little disconcerting to look up and see a wriggling tail hanging out of her mouth. Usually after a couple of hours she's ready to take a nap, but yesterday at 8 pm she was still wanting back out.

She may be thrown off by the whole Spring Forward thing. I know I am.
Agreed! Falling back is much easier than Springing Forward. I've been mildly disconcerted by the extended daylight and the sense of being late in the morning. :lol:

I’m the opposite. I’m annoyed at the time it takes my body/mind to adjust to the Spring forward but so so so happy about the extra daylight that I much prefer it to the fall back. That extra 1 hour of sleep on 1 day only is nothing to get excited about when it’s suddenly dark at 430pm! That throws me off for weeks.

Meanwhile, that extra hour of sleep in Fall is everything to me. I don't give a tiny rat's ass if it gets dark at 4:30. I would rather have more light in the morning than have to feel like I am waking up in the middle of the night, like I did this morning.

Having said that, I wish they would do away with the entire concept. It's completely antiquated and unnecessary at best, and at worst, studies have shown that it can be actively harmful for modern lifestyles.

When fall comes, move it back half hour and NEVER touch it again!
 
If I believe Sadie's internal weather clock, then yesterday must have been the first day of spring. She had the zoomies all day, constantly barking an pawing me to go outside. She spent most of the day on the deck, running from one side of the house to the other, chasing lizards. What she finds so fascinating about those little critters is beyond me. She doesn't kill them, but catches them, and brings them to the door. Its a little disconcerting to look up and see a wriggling tail hanging out of her mouth. Usually after a couple of hours she's ready to take a nap, but yesterday at 8 pm she was still wanting back out.

She may be thrown off by the whole Spring Forward thing. I know I am.
Agreed! Falling back is much easier than Springing Forward. I've been mildly disconcerted by the extended daylight and the sense of being late in the morning. :lol:

I’m the opposite. I’m annoyed at the time it takes my body/mind to adjust to the Spring forward but so so so happy about the extra daylight that I much prefer it to the fall back. That extra 1 hour of sleep on 1 day only is nothing to get excited about when it’s suddenly dark at 430pm! That throws me off for weeks.

Meanwhile, that extra hour of sleep in Fall is everything to me. I don't give a tiny rat's ass if it gets dark at 4:30. I would rather have more light in the morning than have to feel like I am waking up in the middle of the night, like I did this morning.

Having said that, I wish they would do away with the entire concept. It's completely antiquated and unnecessary at best, and at worst, studies have shown that it can be actively harmful for modern lifestyles.

When fall comes, move it back half hour and NEVER touch it again!
There you go - easy peasy. :icon_thumright:
 
Let's just stay on Standard time. Or at least go back to the time change in April. It's barely March and another month of cool/cold weather (for many of us anyway) and school's not out til the end of May, so why have it light later this time of year? Nothing seasonal is even open weekends yet. We've got a ways to go til spring/summer. I hated when I was working that it was back to it being dark going to work in the morning.

Of course now I don't even bother to change the clocks til closer to April, I don't have to be anywhere and can exist in my own little time zone! lol The clocks on the computer, TV/cable, etc. all change themselves anyway. I've got an appointment later in the month so by then I probably need to reset something...

Today and tomorrow - :icon_sunny: - but I ran out of fabric other than cyan and white that I bought by mistake. Was scrounging around trying to figure out what pattern to make that would be minimally white. Or I may just try it and save the rest of it til later on, maybe I'll have a use for it sometime. Or get out the Velox and do some lumen prints tomorrow.
 
The only clock I had to change was the microwave - we found out the Honda's clock changed automatically. :)

It reminds me of when I had to work a rotating shift: going from day work to evening or from evening to midnights was fine but the midnight to daywork would kill me each time. I don't miss those days at all.
 
Sun was came out today and felt the warmth. Is Spring really coming?? The baby grandson has been in town with his parents. Of course I kept my camera ready. When my daughter wants his attention she calls out "fried chicken" and smiles. Got some cute smiley photos. But at only 8 months he doesn't know what fried chicken is yet he laughs.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom