What's new

The Coffee House

I have 325 pages of student work to grade and 83 comments to write before Thursday next week.

So naturally I'm...

giphy.gif
 
We can help you with some comments...

Oh I forgot what grading papers was like... after 20+ years of EI my time teaching jr. high was eons ago, and it was special ed, but still, there was detention duty. They were supposed to write sentences and some sneaky (so they thought) kids always had to try it with two pencils (did that actually make it faster?? lol). One time a kid asked what I was going to do with their papers and I said wallpaper my bathroom.
 
'You are the lucky recipient of a passing grade.'

'You have achieved a whopping modicum of success.'

'After seeing this grade your parents may be inclined to pretend they don't know you. Oops I mean, be so proud.'


I probably have more...
 
'You are the lucky recipient of a passing grade.'

'You have achieved a whopping modicum of success.'

'After seeing this grade your parents may be inclined to pretend they don't know you. Oops I mean, be so proud.'


I probably have more...

“Well, it’s hard to get a stallion from two ponies.”

And many, many others that have been whispered in faculty meetings and in hallways that can’t be repeated here, haha.
 
Chicken Fried steak, mashed taters, corn and gravy. I brought home two pints of Blue Bell Pecan Pralines and Cream and will have a bit of it before too long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
'You are the lucky recipient of a passing grade.'

'You have achieved a whopping modicum of success.'

'After seeing this grade your parents may be inclined to pretend they don't know you. Oops I mean, be so proud.'


I probably have more...

“Well, it’s hard to get a stallion from two ponies.”

And many, many others that have been whispered in faculty meetings and in hallways that can’t be repeated here, haha.

My favorite was the time I went to the parent/teacher conference for middle school it was a meeting with a "team" of teachers though one did most of the talking. A friend had the meeting after mine so I hung out and waited and we went for dinner afterwards. Of course we compared notes! The teacher had said almost the exact same thing, practically word for word, about both of our daughters - 2 very different kids. Some gems that could mean absolutely anything: A pleasure to have in class, Very engaged, Good at advocating for herself (aka she is a pain in the butt)... So funny.
 
'You are the lucky recipient of a passing grade.'

'You have achieved a whopping modicum of success.'

'After seeing this grade your parents may be inclined to pretend they don't know you. Oops I mean, be so proud.'


I probably have more...

“Well, it’s hard to get a stallion from two ponies.”

And many, many others that have been whispered in faculty meetings and in hallways that can’t be repeated here, haha.
"Your presence in my classroom has a deprived a village somewhere of its idiot!"
 
I have 325 pages of student work to grade and 83 comments to write before Thursday next week.

An A-minus? Why minus?

giphy.gif


sentences and some sneaky (so they thought) kids always had to try it with two pencils (did that actually make it faster?? lol).

Maybe, maybe not, but the challenge of it made it less boring. So I've heard ;)
 
Guess it was too much to ask for no problems from the blower for the rest of the season. Now the big one is down. Broke last weekend. Long story. Gotta bring it out to dad's tomorrow night. He's got torches, punches and bigger drills. One way or another, it'll get fixed. Have to. Got another storm coming in Saturday. Supposed to be a whopper. 9"+. Wet and heavy. Heart attack snow. And another behind it Tuesday? Wet and heavy too. Just wont end.

On a better note....Some of the eagles are coming back. Got off work early yesterday and the sun was still out. Visited some nearby nests. Didn't see any activity. Stumbled on a spot that ducks were coming in to feed. Didn't know there were any around in February! Man, am I rusty. Slow on the draw. Lot of butt and wing shots. Many were overexposed because the new 80D picks up so much more light. Only single degrees out and my fingers were completely frozen. The touch screen does not respond to an icicle, BTW. A whole new learning curve......

I was just happy to get out and shoot something. Can't wait for spring!
 
Last edited:
Happy Friday y'all.
After work today I'm off until Monday.
60s all day with some rain called for.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
'You are the lucky recipient of a passing grade.'

'You have achieved a whopping modicum of success.'

'After seeing this grade your parents may be inclined to pretend they don't know you. Oops I mean, be so proud.'


I probably have more...
Oldie but goodie:
"You are not a failure, but rather a model of a bad example."
 
I like the one "keep at it, you're still a few fries short of a Happy Meal", or "Your belt has missed a few loops" and "Proof that evolution can go in reverse".

Once again, rain is in our forecast. Have a brush pile where I cleaned out a pine thicket, that I've been trying to burn for a month. Either it's to wet or the wind is blowing to hard. Last evening I thought it would burn, but after a few atttemps to get going, it finally died out.
 
We are supposed to get a snow/rain mix and the snow that falls will just melt as the ground temps are too high (except the higher hills to north and west).

My, how my mind is working today.
The mountains here are the Appalachians. The word is pronounced differently, depending on where you are from. I originally used "ap-uh-LAY-chens" but have adopted the Southwest Virginian (and I guess elsewhere) "apple-LATCH-uns."

This got me to a town in Work County - Mt. Rainier. The volcano in Washington State is Mount "ruh-NEAR." Ours is Mount "RAIN-yer."

Well, back to GIS and Python.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom