What's new

The Coffee House

Rain stopped play/work here, so thought I,d pop in for a cuppa, make it strong as am cold wet ooooooh ta
 
Afternoon y'all. 5 hours and a minute today. 10 hours and 10 minutes for the week.
Sister and Dad are off to get dog food which I will need to get from the trunk of the car into the house.
Camera battery was dead so it is charging up. It is 64 going up to 68 and down to 42 overnight.
The sun is shining brightly and will be when I do the Marquee in the morning.
Have a happy Tuesday y'all.
 
Cinnamon buns??!!! where? lol
 
SNIP>>>"beer saved baseball."

I like beer....it is what makes baseball barely tolerable for me...

Great line, except I will need to drink so much, to be able to tolerate, that I will need to be at home on my sofa, not at a "ball park!"
 
Interesting afternoon. DW, Sadie and I were exploring the trails in Oak Mountain State Park, today and stumbled onto a movie production set. Seems they've been filming for the upcoming Netflix movie The Devil All The Time for the past week at one of the park's cabins. The Devil All the Time (2020) - IMDb It's based on the Ray Pollock book by the same name. Kept trying to inch in closer, but the county deputies running security kept moving us back. Did manage to get the attention of one of the production crew running around with a clipboard lining people up, to see if they needed any extras. Told me as a matter of fact they were looking for an overweight, crazy old man............Little Smart..s, I hate how they always want to type cast me!!!
Moive20190402_0774.webp

Best I could do of the actors, they were all clustered at the left, to many trees in the way.
Moive20190402_0773.webp
 
@smoke665 wow cool to stumble upon the movie set. It amazes me how much gear and people it takes.

Oh this was only a little bit of the gear. Further up the mountain at a landing were several trailers, equipment, and a big concession tent. They had various and sundry old vehicles scattered everywhere. 5 miles or so back down the mountain was their base camp. A huge parking lot with RV dressing rooms, semi trailer offices, and yet more trailers full of equipment. They had at a half dozen passenger vans running non stop back and forth shuttling people.
 
Morning all, cold damp and overcast out so off to help Mum today.
 
My phone says it's 45 degrees outside.
It still says no rain for the Marquee work.
4am is what it is. Have a nice Wednesday y'all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Afternoon all, so went over to help Mum this morning and lovely blue skies and sun was warm, now the sky is grey and we just had hail chucking it down April showers OH what joy..lol
 
Pulled the first tick of summer off my leg this morning. There are some things about warm weather I could do without. :culpability:
 
We have VERY few ticks here, in this, the far NW corner of Oregon. Ticks are not part of our experience, but in central or eastern OR, ticks are not unheard of.
 
Ticks love it here. Tick spray, long pants, socks and flea/tick medicine for pets are mandatory here. Even with all our precautions our dog picked up lyme disease last year.
 
Sadie is on heartworm prevention and flea tick prevention which works well. Spring is really bad here for ticks. Looks like it's time to pull out the spray repellant
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom