What's new

The Coffee House

Ticks love it here. Tick spray, long pants, socks and flea/tick medicine for pets are mandatory here. Even with all our precautions our dog picked up lyme disease last year.

I can understand the spray but you dress your pets in "long pants and socks"? :eek-73::allteeth: Do they prefer shoes or sandals? :biglaugh:
 
Last edited:
Ticks make me Cross :biglaugh:

On a more serious note, we used to keep an eye open for our pets when we lived in Australia as the ticks were a right PITA.
 
Very few ticks on Vancouver Island; we will see a few in the central Island area once things warm up and dry out a bit. Tocks, on the other hand are a different story. We are inundated with those, and it's not uncommon to count up to 60 of them, just walking for a minute!
 
Had to reschedule a teeth cleaning appointment that was originally set for the Saturday when we were traveling back from New Mexico. My choices were either today at 2pm or almost 2 months from now. Since I have plenty of leave time left, I chose to take a half day from work and book the appointment for today.

I was done a little after 3pm. I decided it was the perfect opportunity to finally see Captain Marvel.

And before anyone makes fun of me for waiting so long, know that going to a 3:45 matinee on a Wednesday 4 weeks after its release gave me a totally private screening of the film. Not a soul in that theater except me.

It was glorious.

Also know that a "small" soda these days is practically the size of my head.
 
And yes, I'm going to have to work hard to avoid spoilers for Avengers: Endgame after it comes out in May because I plan on taking another half day from work for another afternoon matinee sometime in June ;)
 
Well, I'm compliant with the Fed's Real ID - hit the Motor Vehicle Admin this morning with my documents. The license already had the little star so I didn't have to pay any real $$$.

The flight & hotel booked for June - fishing & photos planed for New Hampshire & possibly photos in Vermont ; I'll let you know @SquarePeg. The middle of May is still on for Tox & Maine. The start of May will bring the new work contract; I've already had two of the bidding vendors contact me.
 
I hate ticks. Hate them. What is the purpose of these disgusting insects? Seriously, I'd like to know. In the past they were an annoyance. Now they can kill you! For someone who loves to be outside camping, fishing, hunting and now wildlife photography....They're a major threat to my well being. Spent way more than I'd like to on Permethrin. But, it works. It's just a matter of time before they tell us the chemical will kill you faster than the tick.
 
Whilst eating breakfast this morning I was wondering how girls manage to wear a towel as clothing?

If I tried it, the towel would be around my feet in 5 minutes.
20190403_113131_20190403215840260_20190404125515883.webp
 
Morning all, we have hail and rain here today and the wind is up too plus grotty grey skies.
 
The last three hours of my night went by in a flash. Hard to believe I've been working at the store well over a year.
Good mug of coffee to try and get my mind right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
I still haven't done the Real ID thing yet. I just got a new passport and think that will suffice for now.
I would think that it would be - it is a proof of ID and was one of the documents that could be used for MVA. I don't know about PA but the email I got from MD states "Failure to respond will result in further action against your license or identification card."

As far as lines it was minimal. At the local MVA branch there was a separate line, just for folks that made online appointments. I had to wait about ten minutes, as opposed to the 20-30 minutes for the rest of the services.

Passports are the next thing, but we're not in any rush; we might try to get back to Campabello Island (New Brunswick) in May, if there's time. MLW has to get a certified copy of our marriage license because of her name change, so we'll probably apply for the passports at the same time.
 
56439078_10218527002957170_5836575966435999744_n.jpg
 
Our seasons are roughly as follows.

Freezing cold
Cold
Nippy
Wet
Warm
Hot
Too Hot :biglaugh:
 
Passports aren't that difficult, except if you do your own photos. Don't know why I had so much problem making the size compliant.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom