What's new

The Coffee House

Looks like some reject from the '80s. What car is that??

How could anyone pass up a hot dog? What else could we have put on sticks to hold over a campfire with kids prior to a dessert of marshmellows on sticks?? I prefer them with chili and cheese as opposed to either raw or burnt or dropped on the ground.

Edit - I know what it reminds me of but had to look it up, a Dodge Charger. Paint it orange and you could've Dukes of Hazzarded it all over the place!
 
I briefly considered buying one of those. But as with most American performance cars (short of high priced Corvettes) handling can be a handful. That...and the insurance would've been outrageous.
 
At least the rain last night rinsed the pollen out of the air for a bit. Packing up to head out for a few days. Not going far, I have an appointment with a couple of doctors for consultations tomorrow that will take all day so planning on relaxing for a couple of days after letting DW do some shopping and maybe get a little photography in.
 
46 going to 58 and back down to 38 tonight. The computer worked ok.
Just didn't visit the site among the other stuff I did yesterday. One of our oldest dogs gave us a scare yesterday. But he's back this morning. Other than that Mrs Lincoln how did you like the play?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Looks like a repair or replacement of our side by side refrigerator is on the near horizon. The refrigerator side is suddenly freezing everything. Ice milk with my cereal is not a pleasant experience :mad-44:
 
Looks like a repair or replacement of our side by side refrigerator is on the near horizon. The refrigerator side is suddenly freezing everything. Ice milk with my cereal is not a pleasant experience :mad-44:


Lessons learned by me: Side by sides are terrible. No space, hard to access. I hated mine so much that I was waiting impatiently for it to break down so I could dump it. Darn thing lasted 15 years. If you have to get a new one, get the freezer on the bottom 3 door model. Soooo much better as far as storage and organization go. Skip the water dispenser since it always breaks before the fridge and takes up so much space.
 
68! And gorgeous here today. We have softball assessments for our rec league today. Of course they are indoors because it’s rarely nice out this time of year. Hoping we can get the girls outside for a bit today.
 
Lessons learned by me: Side by sides are terrible. No space, hard to access. I hated mine so much that I was waiting impatiently for it to break down so I could dump it. Darn thing lasted 15 years. If you have to get a new one, get the freezer on the bottom 3 door model. Soooo much better as far as storage and organization go. Skip the water dispenser since it always breaks before the fridge and takes up so much space.
Interesting.... looked at a LOT of refrigerators when the I remolded the kitchen about 7 years ago; settled on a GE side-by-side (no water/ice for the very reasons you mentioned), and couldn't be more satisfied. My brother & father both have the freezer in the bottom units and invariably the freezer turns into one big mess as it's basically a drawer into which everything gets dumped and then rummaged through.
 
The only problem we've had with the ice dispenser is a cheap plastic part that closed the door broke. Ordered a modified replacement. The water dispenser uses a $40 filter that seems to require replacing every other week if you believe the light. Learned I could just hit the reset button, haven't changed it since.
 
Lessons learned by me: Side by sides are terrible. No space, hard to access. I hated mine so much that I was waiting impatiently for it to break down so I could dump it. Darn thing lasted 15 years. If you have to get a new one, get the freezer on the bottom 3 door model. Soooo much better as far as storage and organization go. Skip the water dispenser since it always breaks before the fridge and takes up so much space.
Interesting.... looked at a LOT of refrigerators when the I remolded the kitchen about 7 years ago; settled on a GE side-by-side (no water/ice for the very reasons you mentioned), and couldn't be more satisfied. My brother & father both have the freezer in the bottom units and invariably the freezer turns into one big mess as it's basically a drawer into which everything gets dumped and then rummaged through.

The model we had was one with water and ice dispenser in the freezer side door which took up the majority of the freezer space!
 
Just watched Den of Thieves. Surprising twist at the end. Entertaining despite starring Gerard Butler who I usually find to be awful.
 
It looks kinda fun!

It had its moments :) It had an option to shift manually using flappy paddles (only two pedals, so still cheating ;) ) and there were times when I'd downshift to get into the power band when passing or going up hill, and I'd hear this deep roaring engine, and I was all, "Who dat?" and then realize it was me ;)

And getting up to speed entering a highway was kinda fun :D

Looks like some reject from the '80s. What car is that??

How could anyone pass up a hot dog? What else could we have put on sticks to hold over a campfire with kids prior to a dessert of marshmellows on sticks?? I prefer them with chili and cheese as opposed to either raw or burnt or dropped on the ground.

Edit - I know what it reminds me of but had to look it up, a Dodge Charger. Paint it orange and you could've Dukes of Hazzarded it all over the place!

It was actually a 2019 Challenger (they look very similar).

I briefly considered buying one of those. But as with most American performance cars (short of high priced Corvettes) handling can be a handful. That...and the insurance would've been outrageous.

There's the saying that it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow. Mostly, it just felt like it was annoyed that we were not going over 100 mph, just as long as the road was straight. Once it was in a curve, though, it was as I said - a lumbering oaf. Like maneuvering a boat.

It was fun for a week, but I was happy to come home to my Mazda :)
 
Looks like a repair or replacement of our side by side refrigerator is on the near horizon. The refrigerator side is suddenly freezing everything. Ice milk with my cereal is not a pleasant experience :mad-44:


Lessons learned by me: Side by sides are terrible. No space, hard to access. I hated mine so much that I was waiting impatiently for it to break down so I could dump it. Darn thing lasted 15 years. If you have to get a new one, get the freezer on the bottom 3 door model. Soooo much better as far as storage and organization go. Skip the water dispenser since it always breaks before the fridge and takes up so much space.

I wanted the 3 door model, but the fridge is built in. Had to go with another side by side.
 
Saw "The Play That Goes Wrong" last night and felt good to laugh. The play before that was "Oslo". It was very good too, but not upbeat like last night's play. At the Oslo performance, the man sitting a seat away coughed/sneezed on me and showered my face. Felt dirty sitting thru the last act.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom