What's new

The Coffee House

Had to reschedule a teeth cleaning appointment that was originally set for the Saturday when we were traveling back from New Mexico. My choices were either today at 2pm or almost 2 months from now. Since I have plenty of leave time left, I chose to take a half day from work and book the appointment for today.

I was done a little after 3pm. I decided it was the perfect opportunity to finally see Captain Marvel.

And before anyone makes fun of me for waiting so long, know that going to a 3:45 matinee on a Wednesday 4 weeks after its release gave me a totally private screening of the film. Not a soul in that theater except me.

It was glorious.

Also know that a "small" soda these days is practically the size of my head.

Sounds like you had a much better experience than I did. See my earlier post on this with the Jolly Green Giant sitting in front of me. And did he recline? No of course not. Who goes to the movies and doesn't recline their seat? It's not a damn airplane - lean back, relax!

7656042e-d20d-42d1-8fb8-fdc3f3bcb979-jpeg.169976


And yes, I'm going to have to work hard to avoid spoilers for Avengers: Endgame after it comes out in May because I plan on taking another half day from work for another afternoon matinee sometime in June ;)

I will be in Ireland when it's released! Although we may take a break from the endless pubs and sight seeing to see it.
 
5 hours and a couple minutes today.
21:08 for the week so far.
Fujidave your weather sounds very similar to mine only we don't get freezing cold very often. What we do get is 100% humidity.
Sometime in the future I'll break a sweat walking from the house to the vehicle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Also know that a "small" soda these days is practically the size of my head.
LMAO. Yes. The last time we went to the theater, my wife ordered a small and I mistakenly ordered a medium. The small was like 32 ounces, I think the medium was like 42 or 48 ounces--either way, it was huge. Soon they're going to have to start offering catheters so that people don't miss the movie by using the restroom every few moments from finishing their gallon of refreshment.
 
Sounds like you had a much better experience than I did. See my earlier post on this with the Jolly Green Giant sitting in front of me. And did he recline? No of course not. Who goes to the movies and doesn't recline their seat? It's not a damn airplane - lean back, relax!

7656042e-d20d-42d1-8fb8-fdc3f3bcb979-jpeg.169976
Was that David Lynch?
 
Our seasons are roughly as follows.

Freezing cold
Cold
Nippy
Wet
Warm
Hot
Too Hot :biglaugh:

Seasons where I live .....

Hot
Really hot
Really hot with flooding
Damn!
 
Also know that a "small" soda these days is practically the size of my head.
LMAO. Yes. The last time we went to the theater, my wife ordered a small and I mistakenly ordered a medium. The small was like 32 ounces, I think the medium was like 42 or 48 ounces--either way, it was huge. Soon they're going to have to start offering catheters so that people don't miss the movie by using the restroom every few moments from finishing their gallon of refreshment.

I very rarely even drink soda (aside from the occasional ginger ale for an upset tummy or as a mixer with whisky) but felt like having something to sip at, so I decided to have my annual Diet Coke. If I have the option for fountain soda vs bottled, I always choose fountain.

These pictures don't fully capture the size (short cup but huge diameter. Could barely keep it in one hand), but here is a small soda:
29813.webp 29814.webp
 
Had to reschedule a teeth cleaning appointment that was originally set for the Saturday when we were traveling back from New Mexico. My choices were either today at 2pm or almost 2 months from now. Since I have plenty of leave time left, I chose to take a half day from work and book the appointment for today.

I was done a little after 3pm. I decided it was the perfect opportunity to finally see Captain Marvel.

And before anyone makes fun of me for waiting so long, know that going to a 3:45 matinee on a Wednesday 4 weeks after its release gave me a totally private screening of the film. Not a soul in that theater except me.

It was glorious.

Also know that a "small" soda these days is practically the size of my head.

Sounds like you had a much better experience than I did. See my earlier post on this with the Jolly Green Giant sitting in front of me. And did he recline? No of course not. Who goes to the movies and doesn't recline their seat? It's not a damn airplane - lean back, relax!

7656042e-d20d-42d1-8fb8-fdc3f3bcb979-jpeg.169976


And yes, I'm going to have to work hard to avoid spoilers for Avengers: Endgame after it comes out in May because I plan on taking another half day from work for another afternoon matinee sometime in June ;)

I will be in Ireland when it's released! Although we may take a break from the endless pubs and sight seeing to see it.

Sorry but that is so funny, you go to watch some thing and a jolly green giants head is in the way.
 
Also know that a "small" soda these days is practically the size of my head.
LMAO. Yes. The last time we went to the theater, my wife ordered a small and I mistakenly ordered a medium. The small was like 32 ounces, I think the medium was like 42 or 48 ounces--either way, it was huge. Soon they're going to have to start offering catheters so that people don't miss the movie by using the restroom every few moments from finishing their gallon of refreshment.

I very rarely even drink soda (aside from the occasional ginger ale for an upset tummy or as a mixer with whisky) but felt like having something to sip at, so I decided to have my annual Diet Coke. If I have the option for fountain soda vs bottled, I always choose fountain.

These pictures don't fully capture the size (short cup but huge diameter. Could barely keep it in one hand), but here is a small soda:
View attachment 171151 View attachment 171152
Ha! That's insane. I like fountain better than bottle, as well.
 
We are having a tussle with our mortgage holder.
Our payment has been $876 for quite some time.
Now the company progresses insurance has wiped our escrow and they'd like a bit over 5K.
IF we were able to pay that amount our bill will go up near 1K.
If we don't it goes up to 1400 and change.
It's nearly certain that my cousins house in town will be cleared out if we need it
Something has got to give before too long.
 
We are having a tussle with our mortgage holder.
Our payment has been $876 for quite some time.
Now the company progresses insurance has wiped our escrow and they'd like a bit over 5K.
IF we were able to pay that amount our bill will go up near 1K.
If we don't it goes up to 1400 and change.
It's nearly certain that my cousins house in town will be cleared out if we need it
Something has got to give before too long.

Sorry to hear that.

It's just wrong that people are under pressure on basic needs like housing.
 
Morning all, another grotty day out and it`s blowing a gale again.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom