What's new

The Coffee House

I reported it. Not holding my breath. Just like everything else in my life.....I'm stuck fixing it. It gets damn old!
 
Morning all, very grey skies and forecast for rain today so not up to much apart from waiting for my new small camera to arrive.
 
Afternoon, my new Ricoh GRII arrived on time so just charging up the battery then playtime.
 
Afternoon, my new Ricoh GRII arrived on time so just charging up the battery then playtime.
Post a review and some sample images!!

I want it so bad, but really really really need to justify the price for it vs a cheaper lens for my existing setup.

Oh, wait.... GRII... any reason not the GRIII?
 
Before I got the Canon DSLR I used a PS Nikon and now I know not where the Nikon is. Other than that happy Sunday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Afternoon, my new Ricoh GRII arrived on time so just charging up the battery then playtime.
Post a review and some sample images!!

I want it so bad, but really really really need to justify the price for it vs a cheaper lens for my existing setup.

Oh, wait.... GRII... any reason not the GRIII?

Price stopped me getting the GRIII as I got the GRII £200 cheaper than the III. It`s a great little camera this GRII and it will be fun to use it as it will come out every time I go out.

Give me a few days and once I get some images I will tag you.
 
Afternoon, my new Ricoh GRII arrived on time so just charging up the battery then playtime.
Post a review and some sample images!!

I want it so bad, but really really really need to justify the price for it vs a cheaper lens for my existing setup.

Oh, wait.... GRII... any reason not the GRIII?

Price stopped me getting the GRIII as I got the GRII £200 cheaper than the III. It`s a great little camera this GRII and it will be fun to use it as it will come out every time I go out.

Give me a few days and once I get some images I will tag you.

Wise plan. I saved a lot by getting the Fuji X-T2 when the X-T3 came out.

They don't stop being great cameras just because a newer model came out.

Will be good to hear your thoughts on the GR
 
Afternoon, my new Ricoh GRII arrived on time so just charging up the battery then playtime.
Post a review and some sample images!!

I want it so bad, but really really really need to justify the price for it vs a cheaper lens for my existing setup.

Oh, wait.... GRII... any reason not the GRIII?

Price stopped me getting the GRIII as I got the GRII £200 cheaper than the III. It`s a great little camera this GRII and it will be fun to use it as it will come out every time I go out.

Give me a few days and once I get some images I will tag you.
Gotcha, that’s the reason I’ve been debating the II (and the flash).

Thanks for the dog photos. I’m interested in seeing other shots, as well!

Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you, for the moment. :p
 
Afternoon, my new Ricoh GRII arrived on time so just charging up the battery then playtime.
Post a review and some sample images!!

I want it so bad, but really really really need to justify the price for it vs a cheaper lens for my existing setup.

Oh, wait.... GRII... any reason not the GRIII?

Price stopped me getting the GRIII as I got the GRII £200 cheaper than the III. It`s a great little camera this GRII and it will be fun to use it as it will come out every time I go out.

Give me a few days and once I get some images I will tag you.
Gotcha, that’s the reason I’ve been debating the II (and the flash).

Thanks for the dog photos. I’m interested in seeing other shots, as well!

Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you, for the moment. :p

@waday couple of quick shots from earlier on.

Susie by Dave, on Flickr

Susie by Dave, on Flickr

Susie 1 by Dave, on Flickr
I like the first

Thank you, I`m in town this Wednesday so it will get a good testing out even though I might not try the High Contrast as it can be very dark but I will suss it all out and let you know.
 
Just got a white umbrella to try on the LED ring-light I bought last year.

Will get my 'model' to pose for me this evening for some test shots.
2019_0407_21135200.webp
 
Test shot using the white flash umbrella attached to an LED ringlight.

I think it seems to work OK for a low cost single light?

2019_0407_23190100.webp
 
Yeah, it works. I took your posted .JPG,and burned down the right hand side and lower right hand corner. about 3/4 of a stop, and pulled the curves down a bit, here is "my take" on the shot. I hope you don't mind.
2019_0407_23190100_Edited for TPF.webp
 
Yeah, it works. I took your posted .JPG,and burned down the right hand side and lower right hand corner. about 3/4 of a stop, and pulled the curves down a bit, here is "my take" on the shot. I hope you don't mind.View attachment 171301

That's a nice edit! Yes, the light was a bit harsh at the white edges in my shot.

Thank you.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom