What's new

The Coffee House

Suzi looks like a good dog.
The power went out about an hour ago.
I'm thinking of getting the generator out but by the time I got it started and got the extension cords runned it would probably come back on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Yep. Would have just about had it all strung out and hooked up and the power is back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Well, the truck is alive! My son came over this morning and we did some Googling and testing. He has more patience than I do for electrical issues. Trust me. Long story short, it was the coil. Oddly, it was the cheapest part that could be responsible. 30.00. That NEVER happens. While digging we found a few other things that needed replacing. Distributor cap, rotor, spark plugs and air filter. Runs great, now!

Since it took less time than we thought to fix, we messed with the door hinges. Works much better, but still not perfect. It's an old truck, I can live with it. At least it latches and stays closed! Last fall I had to replace the latch mechanism, because it would randomly pop open while driving down the road. Lol.
 
Test shot using the white flash umbrella attached to an LED ringlight.

You are glutton for making it hard. LOL Mirror as a back ground, across the room from a window reflecting light. Even a cheap mirror can reflect over 99% of the incident light it receives. Keep an eye on your backgrounds and move around before you take the shot.

My experience with LED lights of any kind, is that they are under powered compared to even a speed light. Given the (1/80, f/2, ISO 400) used I'd guess this light has the same limitations. The good thing is they don't generate much heat, so you might experiment with moving it closer. That would help you get a better exposure choice and softer light.
 
Test shot using the white flash umbrella attached to an LED ringlight.

You are glutton for making it hard. LOL Mirror as a back ground, across the room from a window reflecting light. Even a cheap mirror can reflect over 99% of the incident light it receives. Keep an eye on your backgrounds and move around before you take the shot.

My experience with LED lights of any kind, is that they are under powered compared to even a speed light. Given the (1/80, f/2, ISO 400) used I'd guess this light has the same limitations. The good thing is they don't generate much heat, so you might experiment with moving it closer. That would help you get a better exposure choice and softer light.

Thank you. Good tips.

The mirror in the background was because we'd been using it to try to get a fun multi-image in the previous shot, but for the close up, you're right - I should have moved.

2019_0407_23171600(2)_20190408022515508.webp
 
Morning all, another overcast and cloudy day and nippy too.
 
Mist on the windshield. Monday Madness begins shortly. But for the moment I have the parking lot all to my lonesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
The mirror in the background was because we'd been using it to try to get a fun multi-image in the previous shot, but for the close up, you're right - I should have moved.
t

Much better. It's hard for me to remember to constantly check the background as I move around, I tend to get tunnel vision through the viewfinder, focusing just on the subject.
 
Well it looks like I will be trying out the new Ricoh GRII tonight as just seen my favourite singer is singing Jazz tonight so will take X-T3 and GRII.
 
Last edited:
5:01 hours today and for the week so far.
It was lightly raining when I washed out the floor machine. Now some sun but clouds all around. Sold my pennies to the store.
The last box was quite disappointing.
Don't want another one like that. But not sure how to avoid it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Thank you, I`m in town this Wednesday so it will get a good testing out even though I might not try the High Contrast as it can be very dark but I will suss it all out and let you know.
Thank you! :02.47-tranquillity:
 
I agree about backgrounds. In the one with the mirror, it might have been better to make sure the closet door was closed. Years of being a photographer I think you learn to notice details (maybe that's why there's a saying about the devil being in the details!). I think people would do better to spend more time looking through the viewfinder and thinking and noticing, and in these digital days particularly to not necessarily always release the shutter.
 
Don't worry... A Florida Man will take care of it.
 
A Florida Man will take care of it.

Maybe he can come up and take care of the 12' gator recently spotted on a lake less then 30 miles west of of me. I thought we were well north of Gator territory, but apparently not.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom