The Coffee House

Rained and cold over the weekend. Celebrated our anniversary with a nice meal out. I had the salmon over lobster risotto. Sunny today and started the spring cleaning. Washed a set of curtains and they shrank terribly. I knew that was a risk, but time for new ones. I have them hanging up now and very pathetic looking.

Data mining to get you to buy.

And maybe sometimes you might not want to buy.......in the near future. Sunday at Church we were discussing some problems with the cemetery. On the way home DW and I were talking and made the comment about how it might just be easier to be cremated. When we got home and booted up FB all of a sudden an ad for a crematorium popped up in my feed. Coincidence??? We both have "smart phones" but now I'm wondering if they might be to smart.

And maybe sometimes you might not want to buy.......in the near future. Sunday at Church we were discussing some problems with the cemetery. On the way home DW and I were talking and made the comment about how it might just be easier to be cremated. When we got home and booted up FB all of a sudden an ad for a crematorium popped up in my feed. Coincidence??? We both have "smart phones" but now I'm wondering if they might be to smart.

Not a coincidence. Worse than telemarketers calling me during dinner. Perfectly capable of finding siding or windows on my own. Or in your case, cremation.

What really pisses me off with this method or technique is that they assume you are so stupid you couldn't possibly make a proper decision without their help. Think again. Lol.

Shopping has become way too easy these days. Simply google something - like for example "hiking pants for women" and then like magic your Facebook and Instagram feeds will magically be filled with all of these different styles. I don't even have to surf the web...

Seriously though - all I wanted to do was find a 2nd color of my favorite hiking pants and since I couldn't remember where/when I got them and I must have cut off the tags... well damn there are a lot of options! My feeds are flooded with nothing but. Haven't found my exact ones yet. I thought they were Eddie Bauer but if they ever made this style they don't now.

Saves time on web searches! lol.

@RowdyRay but I'm not sure it was targeted. I hadn't searched the internet for anything, no inquires anywhere, web browsers off on our phones. So if it wasn't coincidental then I'm really spooked now.

So wait, did you 'comment' on it or were just talking in the car?? Maybe you were in the Twilight Zone, better hope Rod Serling's ghost wasn't riding in the back seat.

The more cheezy & crappy a product is, the more the peeps selling the product seem to work the SEO to make sure their crap rises to the top of a search. Those scammers and spammers are busy little bees.

wait, did you 'comment' on it or were just talking in the car??

No comments, no searching, looking, no nothing. We were in the car driving home and made the comment. 30 mins later the ad popped up on FB feed. I know Google now (on phone) listens for voice commands, but now I'm wondering if its listening to more.

Doo doo, doo doo...

I didn't know Google 'listens' to voice commands on a smart phone; maybe it was still somehow functioning?? Glad I just have home phone(s) and a stupid phone that can barely text much less anything else.

Happy 9th birthday to my sweet furry little brats :586:

10473338_10152191107784007_3017054401988155013_o.jpg

10379958_10152191107794007_445193776503936624_o.jpg

Nice photos in B&W there. And happy birthday girls!

Morning all, very overcast here again so not up to much once I do my X-T3s FW update.
Good to see that Notre Dame can be saved as they have 100s of millions already donated to rebuild it once the fire has been put out.

Shopping has become way too easy these days. Simply google something - like for example "hiking pants for women" and then like magic your Facebook and Instagram feeds will magically be filled with all of these different styles. I don't even have to surf the web...

Seriously though - all I wanted to do was find a 2nd color of my favorite hiking pants and since I couldn't remember where/when I got them and I must have cut off the tags... well damn there are a lot of options! My feeds are flooded with nothing but. Haven't found my exact ones yet. I thought they were Eddie Bauer but if they ever made this style they don't now.

I hate that when you research something the item follows you everywhere. Double worse if you google something for a friend to help and then that too follows you. Data mining to get you to buy.

I regularly clear cookies and that seems to get rid of some of the annoyances. I might have to sign on to sites, again, but that's OK. An ad blocker also gets rid of some.

Goodness. Notre Dame burned?
I don't hear nothing in the store.
The year is flying by. But today was like a turtle. 10.14 for the week so far.
Stops to make and then home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

That is creepy! As an experiment you could say an item every day for a few days and see if it pops up.

Most reactions

Back