What's new

The Coffee House

I buy gas almost always for cash. Shell has a rewards card that 'saves' from 5 cents to 15 cents per gallon.
At least I'm getting name brand fuel......
 
At least I'm getting name brand fuel

See my post above, you're likely only getting the name brand "additives", which are questionable at best on benefit. All fuel is required to meet legal requirements for RVP, ethanol percentage, octane, detergent content and more.
 
Have a safe and fun trip. And don't forget the photos! :)
 
Was in a big box drug store yesterday. At check out I reminded the clerk that the items were buy one and get one half off. She took a long pause and said no they are buy on and get one 50% off.
Another math wiz, wasting away in retail.
 
My Sister made a dish called Shepherds Pie. Ground beef, mashed potatoes, corn, gravy and cheese. Pretty good stuff.
Just had some Banana pudding.
Watching F1 from China on the DVR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Ahh, yes! I am a plastic carrier as well. I have not returned to a semi-local camera store because they were cash only. Good point! I wonder whatever happened to those carbon copy sliding machines they used when credit cards first came in vogue?

They still exist. A few months ago, Harbor Freight's headquarters were evacuated because of the wildfires in CA, and they couldn't process credit cards nationally as a result. This was high brewery build out time, and I used to make several purchases there every weekend. They pulled one out.

It's a huge security risk, though. I used my American Express (the easiest card company to deal with in fraud situations, imo) so I didn't worry much, but it is uncomfortable to have your credit card number actually printed out and held in a file these days.

I used to use them in college too...I worked for a non-profit museum that still relied on dial-up internet for card transactions back in the mid-to-late aughts, and our system used to crash a couple of times a week.

I spent a summer working with my uncle delivering English muffins (the main brand). Join Base Andrews was on his route and they had issued him a plastic card for printing up the daily invoices - not a credit card, but it had the pertinent information imprinted in raised characters. He just used a hard rubber roller, since that was the only place that issued a card.
 
I’m off to the Emerald Isle! See you all on the flip side.
Break a leg . . . no, wait, wrong event. Bon Voyage and happy landings.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom