What's new

The Coffee House

All the foam stuff (two war birds and a stick plane) could hover in the wind.
The foam F-22 could blast through the gusts.
 
Looks like a good noir film coming up but a late start. Which is OK since the CBJ game went into OT, and a second OT, but we won!

Ready for a late night popcorn worthy movie with Raymond Burr, I like him as a bad guy before he reformed and became Perry Mason! And Jim Backus, don't think I've ever seen Mr. Magoo in this kind of movie.
 
Might rain, might not, who knows. Later grocery & prescription pickup, grab some carry out, etc. (that's take away for you FujiDave). Plenty of hockey on later, USA Men's U18 and CBJ playoff game, doesn't seem like they ever had a team quite like this.

I sometimes say carry out, but normally once I`ve been to the pub :D
 
Morning from UK
Just finished sorting out and repairing the damage from the storm last night. Most of problems were things that were not nailed down and were blown around.
 
Last edited:
Not a tremendous amount of stuff happening today. The mower is acting up and my best guess is the fuel pump isn't keeping up. Somewhere between weeks and a few months we have to move.
Not looking forward to it. Thinking of getting an electric Park Flyer because I could use it at home (wherever home turns out to be). A decent radio for RC is bucks up.
I like the idea of an electric plane. Lighter weight less likely to splat so hard.
And all the new stuff is sort of crash proof anyhow.
Anyhow that's all my thinking just now.
 
Bitter cold today after the rain yesterday. Glad I didn't pack away all of my winter stuff. Turkish daughter in town with a friend. They have been out sight seeing 2 days and a wedding last night. Good to have young people in the house again if only for a short time.
 
Watching the end of the U18 hockey worlds, USA won the bronze over Canada. Sweden playing Russia in a low scoring game that probably could go either way. This is the time of year I start flipping channels and going is this what's on regular TV when there's no hockey??!
 
A pasta and chicken dinner.
Astros on T.V.
Blue Bell later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
4.54 hours today. Going to get a box of pennies. Then to the Post Office.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Tried everything I was told on the lawn tractor and it still won't run right.
Just had Salmon patties, Sweet taters and broccoli. Have started on a sure method of moving my coins and not having them scattered throughout the box.

Other than that Price is Right on the DVR.
Almost certainly Blue Bell later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Won't make power. RPM. Won't run the blades or even pull itself around the property. Cleaned the carb. Cleaned and gapped the plug. Tomorrow just for jollies I'll get a fuel filter. But this one is clear and can see nothing wrong. Maybe the ethanol fuel has captured enough water to be the problem with NO end in sight...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
My company's contract has been extended, yet again. It was to expire (after a number of extensions) at the end of this month; the new bids aren't being opened for a couple more weeks.

I've already been contacted by two of the companies, asking for my resume, current salary and requesting I sign a letter of intent (one year).
 
Won't make power. RPM. Won't run the blades or even pull itself around the property. Cleaned the carb. Cleaned and gapped the plug. Tomorrow just for jollies I'll get a fuel filter. But this one is clear and can see nothing wrong. Maybe the ethanol fuel has captured enough water to be the problem with NO end in sight...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
DO. NOT. EVER. RUN. ETHANOL. IN. A. SMALL. ENGINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is absolute murder on all gaskets, o-rings, seals, etc, especially in diaphragm carburetors. I wouldn't bother cleaning the carb; buy a rebuild key, and replace all the consumable parts. Check your plugs to make sure they're gapped correctly and clean, Do a compression & leak-down test (if you don't have the tools, you can usually borrow them from big chain-store auto parts sales houses) as burned valves, burned-through head-gaskets and worn rings are very common on small engines. I would do a spark test (you should get at least 1/4"), and definitely change the fuel filter.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom