What's new

The Coffee House

Waiting, waiting, waiting... grass cutting, delivery... if I'd slept in like I felt, they would've all shown up early! lol

At least Miss Fisher Mysteries are back on Ovation on Wednesday mornings so I can see what flapper outfit she's wearing, when she drives a cool car with running boards or flies a vintage plane.
 
One thing I have been trying to do is Bounce flash, my first go was like... OMG this flash will bounce but only once I throw it out the window lol. Slowly getting the hang of it now though.
 
I too am glad FD decided to stay!
5 and almost 3/4 hours today.
16 and almost 3/4 for the week so far.
Waiting on a Cheeseburger from the deli.
Stars did align and check will be ready.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
A little update and public service notice to all the men on TPF. Supposedly I'm being released from the hospital later today, following Robotic Laparoscopic Prostatectomy surgery yesterday.

Because of previous kidney stones, I've done a yearly checkup at a Urologist who also does a routine PSA test (an indicator for Prostate Cancer). At my check up in January he noted that my PSA level had doubled from the previous year. A 2nd followup a month later showed it doubled again. That and a 4k test showed a significant risk for cancer. A prostate biopsy in early March confirmed aggressive cancer. Mine was borderline on radiation treatment, but because every indication was that it was still contained I opted to remove it. Thankfully mine was caught early enough that they were able to remove it and save nerves.

So here's the public service part. Caught early it's one the easiest to stop, but once it spreads it's deadly. Bad thing is you don't really know it till it's to late. Getting a PSA test is a simple blood test that can save your life, yet many doctors fail to do it as part of an annual exam. If you are 50 or older, (younger if there is history in your family, because it's genetic) make sure you get a PSA test EVERY year.
 
Glad it's done and you were preventive Smoke, we want to keep you around for many years to come.

While I'm waiting it would be a good day to report a couple of losers to the Do Not Call list. When I have before I stopped getting calls from the ones I reported. One looks local and left a message about being from the Nielsen ratings. I doubt it, since when do they call daily to the point of harassment?? I remember doing a survey years ago where you keep track of what you watch.

I could watch The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That.

edit - OK, twice yesterday, twice today, these people are going down! lol Nielsen my ass.
 
A little update and public service notice to all the men on TPF. Supposedly I'm being released from the hospital later today, following Robotic Laparoscopic Prostatectomy surgery yesterday.

Because of previous kidney stones, I've done a yearly checkup at a Urologist who also does a routine PSA test (an indicator for Prostate Cancer). At my check up in January he noted that my PSA level had doubled from the previous year. A 2nd followup a month later showed it doubled again. That and a 4k test showed a significant risk for cancer. A prostate biopsy in early March confirmed aggressive cancer. Mine was borderline on radiation treatment, but because every indication was that it was still contained I opted to remove it. Thankfully mine was caught early enough that they were able to remove it and save nerves.

So here's the public service part. Caught early it's one the easiest to stop, but once it spreads it's deadly. Bad thing is you don't really know it till it's to late. Getting a PSA test is a simple blood test that can save your life, yet many doctors fail to do it as part of an annual exam. If you are 50 or older, (younger if there is history in your family, because it's genetic) make sure you get a PSA test EVERY year.

I have a test every year.
 
@Fujidave keep doing it. I almost didn't go to my appt, and right up to the point that he gave me the biopsy results I didn't believe there was a problem

@vintagesnaps Thank You! Kinda partial to looking at the grass from above!
 
Damn it! Missed him again! Glanced out my window and saw a hawk flying around. Grabbed my camera and ran outside but he was gone. :(
 
Tony, the white squirrel(s) taunt me in the same way.
 
Morning all, wet here today and forecast for rain most of the day.
 
Saw a couple of real interesting birds yesterday. But shooting through the storm door I didn't get any good shots.
I didn't look at the time overnight.
4am still came but not like the past couple days. Nice mug of coffee.
Ordered up a new carburetor for the lawn tractor yesterday. It was running and I squirted carb cleaner at the throttle pivot and the engine died. There was a sucking sound. I think air leaks around the shaft.
We'll see in several days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Cold grey morning here. Don’t think coffee is going to make much difference
 
Allergy season has been dampened (hah!) by the frequent rain so far this spring. We've had a mostly dry week, and now my face feels like it's going to explode. A couple of my students came in with their eyes nearly swollen shut from pollen. I've never seen anything like that before.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom