What's new

The Coffee House

Supposed to reach 86 here today
 
I'd guess around 82 or so here.
Cloudy and maybe a trifle of fog.
5 hours and a few today.
21.53 for the week so far with two days to go. Going to the PO because I got something too big for the box at the front of the neighborhood. Should be the last thing I ordered from PCH. Aunt who had dementia but otherwise healthy expired last night. Sister will be home today.
That's all the news that's fit to print.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
I'd guess around 82 or so here.
Cloudy and maybe a trifle of fog.
5 hours and a few today.
21.53 for the week so far with two days to go. Going to the PO because I got something too big for the box at the front of the neighborhood. Should be the last thing I ordered from PCH. Aunt who had dementia but otherwise healthy expired last night. Sister will be home today.
That's all the news that's fit to print.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about your Aunt, thoughts are with you and family David.
 
Supposedly in the mid-50s right now. Cloudy. Perfect weather for me to sit outside to get some air.
 
Allergy season has been dampened (hah!) by the frequent rain so far this spring. We've had a mostly dry week, and now my face feels like it's going to explode. A couple of my students came in with their eyes nearly swollen shut from pollen. I've never seen anything like that before.

One day out in the breezy sunshine yesterday and I was suffering! I may have to give in and start taking allergy meds again. I've been trying to get away from that the past few years (with very limited success) by using air filters, closing windows when it is breezy, washing hands/face and changing clothes immediately when I come indoors, and being conscious of the environment when I'm outdoors. I just don't like the way the allergy meds impact me. It's a game of figuring out the lesser of the two evils. The symptoms or the side effects.

Good PSA Smoke, glad you're ok. Screenings save lives! Went for my annual skin cancer screening yesterday (I have had 2 squamous cell cancers removed from my leg several years ago so I'm diligent about screenings). They identified what they called a pre-pre cancerous spot on my nose. They immediately treated the spot with cryotherapy - they used liquid nitrogen to freeze and remove the abnormal cells. It stung a bit but was so quick it could not be considered painful. The skin will blister and shed off - hopefully leaving nothing but a pale scar. Fun times.
 
It has been my experience that allergies get worse with age. For me a combination of nasal drops or spray and pills has been the best, along with regular nasal irrigation in the mornings
 
I've been lucky to never have been impacted by seasonal allergies. I agree that they can get worse with age, and for me the last couple of springs I've noticed more sneezing/runny nose during the peak of spring pollen (it gets disgusting around here - coats everything in sight!). But it's minor compared to what happens to some of you.

Went for my annual skin cancer screening yesterday (I have had 2 squamous cell cancers removed from my leg several years ago so I'm diligent about screenings). They identified what they called a pre-pre cancerous spot on my nose. They immediately treated the spot with cryotherapy - they used liquid nitrogen to freeze and remove the abnormal cells. It stung a bit but was so quick it could not be considered painful. The skin will blister and shed off - hopefully leaving nothing but a pale scar. Fun times.
Holy crap! Glad you went in and got it taken care of - and you too, Smoke. Preventive measures are amazingly effective in even the nastiest cancers. :icon_thumbsup:
 
Just got a message, my first ever promo shoot is this Saturday. I`m sooooo looking forward to this.
 
I just don't like the way the allergy meds impact me. It's a game of figuring out the lesser of the two evils. The symptoms or the side effects.

You and me both! For me, the stuffy head and sneezing is more tolerable than the headaches I get from taking over the counter pills.
 
I just don't like the way the allergy meds impact me. It's a game of figuring out the lesser of the two evils. The symptoms or the side effects.

You and me both! For me, the stuffy head and sneezing is more tolerable than the headaches I get from taking over the counter pills.

Yes - they make me dehydrated and give me sleep and stomach issues. I'd rather have the sniffles and watery eyes.
 
Allergy season has been dampened (hah!) by the frequent rain so far this spring. We've had a mostly dry week, and now my face feels like it's going to explode. A couple of my students came in with their eyes nearly swollen shut from pollen. I've never seen anything like that before.
This season has been terrible for my family. Someone has been sick nearly every week since January; we had a few lucky weeks interspersed in there.

Since people are giving their general health PSAs, I’ll add mine. I’ve known for a while now that I am predisposed to high blood pressure. I finally made an appointment with the doctor after taking and logging my BP a few times a day for a few weeks using a wrist monitor. Doctor put me on meds, then upped the meds, and now my BP has decreased (significantly) to a healthy level.

So, check your BP occasionally and talk to your doctor if you think you have high BP.
 
Allergies used to be real bad for me as a kid. Was getting allergy shots every two weeks. One spring allergies hit me real bad. Doc decided to take me off the allergy shots and I haven't had a problem(other than minor sniffles) with allergies since.
 
Morning all, already had a lovely walk as sun is out and it`s nice and cool.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom