What's new

The Coffee House

Went into our local We buy shop saw a real nice lens, size I am looking for price... mouthwatering
THEN I noticed that was for a Nik and not canon.... gutted
Re Tony744. I have worked and lived in some rough places so understands the comment and agree.
Flip side is. Sometime ago an over zealous store guard grabbed me by the shoulder from behind. No warning or call just grab.
End result he learnt how to fly, and I am stood there ready to defend.. no time to think just reacted because the area I was working in did not give time or second chances. But no harm done and once explained and watched vid store and police could see... made me think ...made the store guard do it the correct way
Just as an aside. If I am taking photos in a pub/club/place where there are drinks I don’t drink. It seems funny to some people to try and ever so accidentally knock your drink over the camera.
The camera has an extra strap that is attached to me so that a knock and drop or grab and run are no so easy
Ok I have been long winded yes I go out at night to take photos but I always have one eye and an ear on what’s going on.. if it feels unsafe I exit
 
The 'new' '80's Twilight Zone shows started on MeTV the other night. First one was with Bruce Willis, it wasn't bad. Tonight it involves a camera but unfortunately it's a TV camera so that's disappointing! It glowed purple and the 'astronaut' disappeared. Then later he all of a sudden reappeared, ooh, spooky. The originals were better.

And what's going to happen when one of the characters says 'this is just getting too weird'?!
 
Last edited:
Today was 6 hours and two minutes.
27.47 for the week so far with a day to go.
Sister is almost certainly spending another night at Memorial Hospital. Dad was just rattling things in the kitchen. But this phone will only work with Tapatalk in here where the Wi-Fi is. Still the S6 because I haven't been able to get TPF on the S7.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
An old saying in our area, "sometimes you get the peanut, sometimes the hull". For the past few weeks seems like we're knee deep in hulls and the pile keeps growing. Last night admitted DW in the hospital for gastrointestinal problems and kidney problems. Her low immune system makes it difficult to fight off infections, and the years of chemo have put severe strain on the kidneys. Tests today and tomorrow so hopefully will know something soon.
 
Today was 5 hours and a couple minutes.
32.49 for the week. We cleaned up.the freezer in the garage. I'm in the midst of my comics online. My BSH Invicta watch is running about 10 seconds behind the watch I set it to yesterday. I have been fighting with it for quite some time.
Since I don't know if I've ever shown it....
Here is a picture.
1559416493705.webp


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Sunday morning.
About find out how goofy the coffee is.
See ya later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
@Fujidave , glad you’re ok!

I got my Ricoh GRIII, and I’m very happy with it. Probably one of my best purchases, yet.

Now I’m debating whether or not I need my 17mm (34 mm eq.) for my m43 system. I doubt I’ll ever use both together, and I’ll probably opt for the GRIII given the larger sensor. The only thing the 17mm has going for it is f/1.8...
 
An old saying in our area, "sometimes you get the peanut, sometimes the hull". For the past few weeks seems like we're knee deep in hulls and the pile keeps growing. Last night admitted DW in the hospital for gastrointestinal problems and kidney problems. Her low immune system makes it difficult to fight off infections, and the years of chemo have put severe strain on the kidneys. Tests today and tomorrow so hopefully will know something soon.

Hope she is feeling better soon. You both have had your share of medical stuff this year and hoping things start looking up.
 
Just got back from a family trip. Video and photos still on the cameras. My 9yo grand took photos and video with my action Fuji XP125. Curios how stable the video. She picked up using it quickly. The last day it was fogged over and I thought maybe it had a leak. It was sun screen smeared on the lens and the back screen.

Did I miss anything??
 
Thursday night admitted DW to the hospital. Turns out she was in Acute Renal Failure brought on by severe dehydration and the strain of being sick for the last month. Three days later, several bags of fluid and supplements her kidneys are slowly responding. Dr seems to think by tomorrow she'll be close to 20% function and able to continue further treatment as outpatient.
 
Heading to Charm City in a little while. I got "recruited" to be the GIS contact for the Fire/EMS UAS Acquisition committee and the FAA is having a symposium for the next three days.
 
I cut some SERIOUS grass with a push mower. I can barely keep my eyes open.
Our large propane tank is gone. Two guys with a trailer and an engine hoist took it.
We are using a 40 gallon tank to run our gas stove/oven. We won't be in this house much longer. Anyhow Monday awaits.
yippee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Today I got 5.15 hours. Fixed a sign board in the produce dept. Cleaned out the floor machine better than ever. Shopped for my Dad before coming home. She said she would take pennies tomorrow. Gonna get to it as I have ten rolls to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom