What's new

The Coffee House

This respiratory stuff is gettin' old! eye watering yesterday, woke up with sore throat & hoarseness today, OK spring going into summer, knock it off already.

I hear you, I developed a bad sore throat 4 days after my surgery, from there it moved into my sinuses, left ear, and lymph nodes on the left side. Several rounds of antibiotics, and it's better, but the lymph node on the neck still swells some and gets irritated.
 
Woodstock is on TCM tonight. 3 Days - I mean, 3 hours - of Peace and Music. A little too young at the time, but know some of the music. Too young to be a hippie but even us kids had bell bottoms.

edit - Director's Cut, don't think I've ever seen this. It's been on before but not with all the interviews etc., at least I don't remember seeing all this. It's actually a little slow going getting to the concert part.
 
Woodstock is on TCM tonight. 3 Days - I mean, 3 hours - of Peace and Music. A little too young at the time, but know some of the music. Too young to be a hippie but even us kids had bell bottoms.

Biggest regret of my life. myself and a couple college roommates were going. I let my fiancee talk me out of it. We later married and divorced 8 years later. Not only did i miss out on the greatest opportunity of a lifetime, but if I'd gone, I likely wouldn't have married my 2nd biggest regret!
 
I guess this director's cut just came out in May?? or this 3 hour version came out on DVD maybe? No wonder I never saw it. But this is going to be long... I'm not familiar with anybody that's been on so far.

I was at the age to be into bubble gum music, but I did have a batik headband I made at summer camp.

I want to see Santana, Sly and the Family Stone, and Hendrix. They always played 'Foxy Lady' at local hockey games, was trying to remember why and I think just because the goalie liked Hendrix.

Edit - OK, I know The Who. I want a jacket/vest with fringe a mile long! that would've been cool.
 
Last edited:
Woodstock is on TCM tonight. 3 Days - I mean, 3 hours - of Peace and Music. A little too young at the time, but know some of the music. Too young to be a hippie but even us kids had bell bottoms.

edit - Director's Cut, don't think I've ever seen this. It's been on before but not with all the interviews etc., at least I don't remember seeing all this. It's actually a little slow going getting to the concert part.

I think it was 4 hours. I fell asleep after about an hour so I'm not sure.

I'm not too young for the music, unfortunately. :)

I wasn't at Woodstock but I was at Altamont and also hung out at the Fillmore a lot.
 
Last edited:
Cool. It was almost 4 hours! til close to midnight, the director's cut apparently came out in '94 on the 25th anniversary. What I'd seen was actually about the 50th; a backer dropped out and said it was cancelled but they got another company's support and it's apparently on. Smoke - bummer you missed the original, you ought to catch this one! The Killers, The Raconteurs, Santana, Robert Plant, John Sebastian, Country Joe - wonder if he'll do the Fish Song.

Compur there's that movie about Altamont too and I've heard about the Fillmore. Good times, huh?

Do I need the TV to beep at me that it's going to storm? it's dark in the afternoon, I think I can tell. Tornado conditons, yeah, that they need to let us know.

That video on Fox got the info. from a tabloid, he didn't actually crash his car or collide with another car, they sideswiped him. Glad he's OK especially after he was in that limo crash before.
 
That video on Fox got the info. from a tabloid, he didn't actually crash his car or collide with another car, they sideswiped him. Glad he's OK especially after he was in that limo crash before.

Yeah they were talking about it on the news again today. The woman in the Honda was at fault. Funny thing is I thought NY was a no fault state, meaning his insurance will end up paying most if not all of the repair to his car. Just said on the news that little scratch on his car could total $125,000.
 
Don’t know if you get uk news Trump was in our area today, all over BBC &ITV news.
 
Woodstock is on TCM tonight. 3 Days - I mean, 3 hours - of Peace and Music. A little too young at the time, but know some of the music. Too young to be a hippie but even us kids had bell bottoms.

edit - Director's Cut, don't think I've ever seen this. It's been on before but not with all the interviews etc., at least I don't remember seeing all this. It's actually a little slow going getting to the concert part.

I'd like to see the director's cut version. My brother tried to get me in the theatre when the first came out, but they wouldn't let me in at 12 years old. He tried to tell them I was his child lol. He was home on leave and said I could ask for anything to do one day. I said ride in a plane, ride in a boat, and go see Woodstock. We did ride in a plane...it was one of those little planes that was in a field next to a highway and the price was a penny a pound. Had to step on a bathroom scale. Wonder now if that was safe.
 
I don’t know do know that there are a lot of people on the streets who are not pleased to see him( according to the news that is. )
 
I don’t know do know that there are a lot of people on the streets who are not pleased to see him( according to the news that is. )
We are kind of hoping there's a problem with his passport and he's stuck at his Scottish golf course for the next 2 years;)
 
That sounds like it was fun Cheryl, riding in one of those planes. When I was a kid we used to go to a local airport and watch the small planes. There's a small airport in the area named after the Wright Bros. that has artwork of them on one of the hangars. They have a replica of one of their early planes but limited hours and I've been past it but haven't gone in.

One of the Wright Bros. factories was discovered in Dayton, uncovered when tearing down some old factories/warehouses and is getting renovated into a museum/multi use bldg. There's an older part of town I've been to once that has their original bicycle shop; it was a Sunday and not open but there was a National Park Service staff person in uniform there. I should actually go in one of those places sometime!

My sore throat has gone into something like a head cold. It's lovely. My eye is still watery, I'm supposed to use artificial tears; I'm on enough nasal sprays and allergy meds! sheesh
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom