What's new

The Coffee House

Well, Dave, since you seem to be on the mend, I'd say learn from this and make the best of it. It is sad that there are people who'd do this, but this is our world. We are supposed to be civilized and mature, but there are exceptions to every rule.
 
Yeah, there seem to be people who have warped ways to get their kicks. Sounds disturbing to have this happen at a place where you go all the time. They say to always be aware, that something can happen anyplace anytime, but I think it can be harder to keep that in mind day to day in familiar places where we feel more relaxed.

Wonder if the bar or any place else in the area has had anything like this happen lately? Maybe it should be reported just so the authorities have a record of it even if there isn't much they can do after the fact, there could get to be a pattern of incidents. Or this could have been a one time thing by some nut who doesn't live around there, just passing thru wreaking havoc.
 
Definitely, report this to management. They might have CCTV footage!
 
I thought all of England was under CCTV surveillance!
 
I thought all of England was under CCTV surveillance!

I actually wish it was, yes a lot of CCTV is about but even worse it`s not switched on all the time here in town.
 
Roughly 16 and a half for the week so far.
Now about to hit the sack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Yeah. You know, I think women become aware of the possibility of this type thing at a relatively young age (like when old enough to have a drink). If I've wandered off when I come back I get a fresh drink (by then it's probably moslty melted ice or backwash anyway). I might have wasted money on a drink that way but it's not worth finishing it and taking a chance, not unless I've been sitting there keeping an eye on it or had a friend watch it when I left the table.

Exactly this. I've known not to leave a drink unattended since I was a teenager.
 
Yeah. You know, I think women become aware of the possibility of this type thing at a relatively young age (like when old enough to have a drink). If I've wandered off when I come back I get a fresh drink (by then it's probably moslty melted ice or backwash anyway). I might have wasted money on a drink that way but it's not worth finishing it and taking a chance, not unless I've been sitting there keeping an eye on it or had a friend watch it when I left the table.

Exactly this. I've known not to leave a drink unattended since I was a teenager.

Unfortunately, one of the many things that women have to think about that men (usually) do not even give a second thought to. Like ways to protect yourself and be safe when hiking, running, walking at night, in parking structures, staying in a hotel alone, taking a taxi or Uber, camping, walking on campus, at a party...

Sorry to hear that this happened to you Dave. Hope you’re feeling better.
 
Being aware of my surroundings is a habit I've had for a very long time. Comes from having lived in some rough neighborhoods.
 
Three weeks post surgery and maybe I'm finally turning the corner. The remnants of the respiratory infection are still barely hanging on, but otherwise finally getting back to normal. Yesterday spent most of the day on the tractor catching up on spraying/edging fire lanes, pine trees, and property lines. Felt good to actually be doing something productive for a change.
 
Yeah. You know, I think women become aware of the possibility of this type thing at a relatively young age (like when old enough to have a drink). If I've wandered off when I come back I get a fresh drink (by then it's probably moslty melted ice or backwash anyway). I might have wasted money on a drink that way but it's not worth finishing it and taking a chance, not unless I've been sitting there keeping an eye on it or had a friend watch it when I left the table.

Exactly this. I've known not to leave a drink unattended since I was a teenager.

Unfortunately, one of the many things that women have to think about that men (usually) do not even give a second thought to. Like ways to protect yourself and be safe when hiking, running, walking at night, in parking structures, staying in a hotel alone, taking a taxi or Uber, camping, walking on campus, at a party...

Sorry to hear that this happened to you Dave. Hope you’re feeling better.

It is a sad world where folk have to drug women or men to get away with doing what they like, but now after a few days of thinking. It is strange that NOT one of the vocalists have asked how I am, so have decided to not go again as they wont miss me and I wont miss them. Tomorrow though I`m off to church to shoot a gig.
 
Today was 5 hours and whatever it took to have 21.45 for the week so far. Sister was to be at her doctor office and trying to get into surgery at Kingwood Hospital.
I haven't gotten a message about it as of yet. Finishing up comics on the computer and then will watch more Flite Test vlogs on YouTube.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom