What's new

The Coffee House

Apparently I haven't been in here for two days. Yesterday I didn't get into bed until nearly 9pm. But we got my Sister home from Methodist Hospital. Today I had a bit over 6 hours giving 22.06 for the week so far. Wearing one of my favorite watches.
1559850802906.webp


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Don’t know if you get uk news Trump was in our area today, all over BBC &ITV news.
Yes, I know. That's all I can say in this thread as it is not in the Supporting Members area so:
1. No politics and
2. No adult language.
 
I finally got the time to post the contest voting threads.

Can we take up a collection to send @tirediron to class so he can learn how to post a link back to the original thread? :p

I'll chip in US dollars, not Canadian.
 
DFD1953B-F6E1-467D-A7BB-2FB109A78CFE.webp 76309143-BC7E-4AD8-B569-18BB90CCE07D.webp
@SquarePeg, you need to post a puppy photo each day! How is the other pup handling the new arrival?

I’ll do my best. She had a nice ride today to pick up Princess from school. They both did!

Xing has been aloof most of the time, bossy to th puppy when needed and overall a bit horrified at having to share his space and his people with a wriggly, slurpy, ball of energy.
 
That sounds like it was fun Cheryl, riding in one of those planes. When I was a kid we used to go to a local airport and watch the small planes. There's a small airport in the area named after the Wright Bros. that has artwork of them on one of the hangars. They have a replica of one of their early planes but limited hours and I've been past it but haven't gone in.

One of the Wright Bros. factories was discovered in Dayton, uncovered when tearing down some old factories/warehouses and is getting renovated into a museum/multi use bldg. There's an older part of town I've been to once that has their original bicycle shop; it was a Sunday and not open but there was a National Park Service staff person in uniform there. I should actually go in one of those places sometime!

My sore throat has gone into something like a head cold. It's lovely. My eye is still watery, I'm supposed to use artificial tears; I'm on enough nasal sprays and allergy meds! sheesh

I got the sore throat, and the next day it went right to a head cold that has now gone to my chest and hate the cough I now have.

Morning all, not up to much today as it`s chucking it down here.
 
@Fujidave I've we've had a solid month of it. Started getting a sore throat early last month. Dr. Seemed to think it was viral. Then it moved into the ear and lymph nodes. Tbe sore throat finally cleared up but the lymph nodes continue to swell. They get better, think it's gone and then out the blue they swell up. Looks like I'll be on my way to an Ear, Nose & Throat specialist next week.
 
Good morning. Hard to type because Zoe is planted between me and he keyboard.

Baltimore was interesting - the symposium was geared to drone pilots and the companies or agencies that have or are starting drone operations. Nothing that specifically relates to me and the GIS field, but still some good information on what direction the FAA and the industry is going.

One week until Vermont. :D
 
@snowbear any mention of the autonomous drones that Amazon is going to release to the skys?
 
Hey hosers.

No stuffy nose or cough, but it's headache time. To make things more interesting for this month's migraine is a dizzy spell. I get these every once in a while. Suppose it's vertigo. I wake up and just feel dizzy all day long. It's okay as long as I'm keeping my head fairly straight, but any bending down or leaning back and my head goes all wonky.

At the moment I am annoyed because my cold pack has gotten warm and the other one hasn't been in the freezer long enough to cool down.

But I am home instead of work, so that is good. The college has flex Fridays through the end of July and closes at noon. I have vacation time to burn so I just went ahead and took every flex Friday off, so I have 4-day work weeks for the next 7 weeks. Or, well, technically the next 6 weeks because the first week of July is an actual vacation, so that is a 0-day work week ;)
 
The short work week sounds fantastic, but the migraine + dizziness does not. :(

I suppose you've already had your inner ears checked in the past to make sure there's nothing that could cause it? When I get dizzy, I tend to get nauseated as well, so it's always been something to avoid at all costs. You're smart to stay home, screw it!
 
@Fujidave I've we've had a solid month of it. Started getting a sore throat early last month. Dr. Seemed to think it was viral. Then it moved into the ear and lymph nodes. Tbe sore throat finally cleared up but the lymph nodes continue to swell. They get better, think it's gone and then out the blue they swell up. Looks like I'll be on my way to an Ear, Nose & Throat specialist next week.

Come this Monday 10th think I will of had the cough about 3 weeks.
 
Hey hosers.

No stuffy nose or cough, but it's headache time. To make things more interesting for this month's migraine is a dizzy spell. I get these every once in a while. Suppose it's vertigo. I wake up and just feel dizzy all day long. It's okay as long as I'm keeping my head fairly straight, but any bending down or leaning back and my head goes all wonky.

At the moment I am annoyed because my cold pack has gotten warm and the other one hasn't been in the freezer long enough to cool down.

But I am home instead of work, so that is good. The college has flex Fridays through the end of July and closes at noon. I have vacation time to burn so I just went ahead and took every flex Friday off, so I have 4-day work weeks for the next 7 weeks. Or, well, technically the next 6 weeks because the first week of July is an actual vacation, so that is a 0-day work week ;)


My Mum get headaches and migraines like that, so she has to go back to bed for most of the day.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom