What's new

The Coffee House

Hey hosers.

No stuffy nose or cough, but it's headache time. To make things more interesting for this month's migraine is a dizzy spell. I get these every once in a while. Suppose it's vertigo. I wake up and just feel dizzy all day long. It's okay as long as I'm keeping my head fairly straight, but any bending down or leaning back and my head goes all wonky.

At the moment I am annoyed because my cold pack has gotten warm and the other one hasn't been in the freezer long enough to cool down.

But I am home instead of work, so that is good. The college has flex Fridays through the end of July and closes at noon. I have vacation time to burn so I just went ahead and took every flex Friday off, so I have 4-day work weeks for the next 7 weeks. Or, well, technically the next 6 weeks because the first week of July is an actual vacation, so that is a 0-day work week ;)

From one dizzy broad to another - it’s a fluid thing! I’ve found that sinus is the root of all evil. If I treat that the other symptoms like dizziness or nausea will subside.

Cute puppy update:
Untitled by SharonCat..., on Flickr

#whitewalker #nightqueen
 
View attachment 174421 View attachment 174422
@SquarePeg, you need to post a puppy photo each day! How is the other pup handling the new arrival?

I’ll do my best. She had a nice ride today to pick up Princess from school. They both did!

Xing has been aloof most of the time, bossy to th puppy when needed and overall a bit horrified at having to share his space and his people with a wriggly, slurpy, ball of energy.

It takes a few days to integrate into the family. My pups have their favorite toys and places to sit. Seems they all have their little territory staked out and get along. BUT feeding time is another matter. Three bowls in 3 corners of the kitchen. At first there was a fight and I had to sit in the middle of the triangle like a lunch room monitor :)
 
Hey hosers.

No stuffy nose or cough, but it's headache time. To make things more interesting for this month's migraine is a dizzy spell. I get these every once in a while. Suppose it's vertigo. I wake up and just feel dizzy all day long. It's okay as long as I'm keeping my head fairly straight, but any bending down or leaning back and my head goes all wonky.

At the moment I am annoyed because my cold pack has gotten warm and the other one hasn't been in the freezer long enough to cool down.

But I am home instead of work, so that is good. The college has flex Fridays through the end of July and closes at noon. I have vacation time to burn so I just went ahead and took every flex Friday off, so I have 4-day work weeks for the next 7 weeks. Or, well, technically the next 6 weeks because the first week of July is an actual vacation, so that is a 0-day work week ;)

From one dizzy broad to another - it’s a fluid thing! I’ve found that sinus is the root of all evil. If I treat that the other symptoms like dizziness or nausea will subside.

Cute puppy update:
Untitled by SharonCat..., on Flickr

#whitewalker #nightqueen


The puppy is, OH so cute.
 
Hey hosers.

No stuffy nose or cough, but it's headache time. To make things more interesting for this month's migraine is a dizzy spell. I get these every once in a while. Suppose it's vertigo. I wake up and just feel dizzy all day long. It's okay as long as I'm keeping my head fairly straight, but any bending down or leaning back and my head goes all wonky.

At the moment I am annoyed because my cold pack has gotten warm and the other one hasn't been in the freezer long enough to cool down.

But I am home instead of work, so that is good. The college has flex Fridays through the end of July and closes at noon. I have vacation time to burn so I just went ahead and took every flex Friday off, so I have 4-day work weeks for the next 7 weeks. Or, well, technically the next 6 weeks because the first week of July is an actual vacation, so that is a 0-day work week ;)

Vertigo sucks! Hope you get relief soon. Maybe a decongestant to clear up the sinus?
 
I suppose you've already had your inner ears checked in the past to make sure there's nothing that could cause it?

I haven't. I told my doctor about it and she just asked how often it happens, how bad it is, and how long it lasts. I told her and she didn't seem particularly concerned. Whether or not that is an appropriate response, I couldn't tell ya ;)

My Mum get headaches and migraines like that, so she has to go back to bed for most of the day.

Mine vary in intensity. Sometimes they're not so bad and I can manage it with just a couple of Advil. Other times, nothing touches it and I spend the day on the couch with a cold pack and the shades down.

From one dizzy broad to another - it’s a fluid thing! I’ve found that sinus is the root of all evil. If I treat that the other symptoms like dizziness or nausea will subside.

Cute puppy update:
Untitled by SharonCat..., on Flickr

#whitewalker #nightqueen

First of all, PUPPYYYYYYYYY!!! :heartpump::heartpump::heartpump::heartpump: She is SO stinkin' cute!

I had a feeling that the sinuses were involved (aren't they always??). I have also been kind of congested the since about Wednesday. Wasn't sure if allergies were starting up or if it was sinus, but eyes were not itchy so I suspected the latter. Cold and caffeine help, and I also took a decongestant this morning along with the Advil, and it has been helping. Definitely better than yesterday.

Vertigo sucks! Hope you get relief soon. Maybe a decongestant to clear up the sinus?

Thanks. I did take a decongestant this morning. Seems to be helping. Going to have a bit more coffee and some more Advil.
 
BUT feeding time is another matter.

When we had three, Boxer, Brittany, and Yorky. No one messed with the Yorky at meal time she was like a little Tasmanian devil. They had all been raised together as puppies so she didn't realize there was a size difference. The Brittany would wolf hers down and then stare at the Boxer because she liked to eat slower. It would make the Boxer so nervous she couldn't eat, and would eventually walk away giving up her meal. We ended up having to confine the Britt to another room at meal time, problem solved.
 
Coffee helps, coffee always helps! Geez is everybody sick??? Besides that (sniffle, cough), been dealing with my parents getting moved into a retirement community (one at a time) and stuff they forgot or didn't think about, etc. I do not feel up to going to their house to find and get things tomorrow but so it goes.

Leo, hope you feel better, glad you worked out flex days (I loved flex time!!). Cheryl, you'd enjoy having a turn monitoring a lunch room with jr. high kids, about the same level of maturity as puppies! lol
 
They were testing drones in my area, even on the news are they loud! I don't see how they'd land a package on your porch, that's gonna take some manuvering. Can you expect the ones that leave packages in bushes and can't even ring a doorbell to do that??!! lol They have to have it in sight so have to be fairly close to not drop it, I don't know, on your roof? your dog? your kids/grandkids in the summer in the wading pool in your yard??

And I think the aforementioned comment was more about current events/news from across the pond more than meant to be political; it's hard to completely avoid it with one thing after another. But I think everyone's trying to adhere to guidelines, I've had to sometimes bite my tongue (or the equivalent on a keyboard!). I guess a reminder doesn't hurt.

When we were kids we always had an assortment of cats and dogs... the cats were the most creative, like the one that would always leave a mouse on the front porch/steps, or the one that came in thru the chimney and had her kittens under my bed... (And she was tan and came thru gray from the soot.)
 
Last edited:
They were testing drones in my area, even on the news are they loud! I don't see how they'd land a package on your porch, that's gonna take some manuvering. Can you expect the ones that leave packages in bushes and can't even ring a doorbell to do that??!! lol They have to have it in sight so have to be fairly close to not drop it, I don't know, on your roof? your dog? your kids/grandkids in the summer in the wading pool in your yard??

I'm not in favor of Amazon's plan for several reasons. First the news videos of it in flight are deceptive, sort of like looking at a 747 on the horizon, vs up close. I was shocked when I saw this as it put the size in perspective. Amazon's drone delivery service is one step closer to taking flight Second these things are autonomous operating on their own, that's a lot of crap flying around without human oversight. Third with a 15 mile range they're out of line of sight even if they had a human operator.
 
@smoke665 Funny the pecking order of the pack. The young smallest schnauzer runs rough shod over the other 2. Sometimes the alpha Snickers has to put him in his place.

@vintagesnaps, Sharon I filled in one day at the local elementary school lunch duty. The flu was going around the staff so I answered the call to help. It was chaotic noise level. And the food all mixed together when the kids scraped their plates into the trash. The smell was terrible.
 
@snowbear any mention of the autonomous drones that Amazon is going to release to the skys?
Not on that specific application but there are many tests going on (did you know that Uber has an Air Division?). The main theme was Safety. The FAA s working with the industry to make these things happen and I think all the legitimate players agree that safety is the first priority.

Other words in high use: "Beyond Visual Line of Sight," and "Fly Over People." Much of the "vision" is long term - 2030 / 2035, but if it all goes to schedule, there may be elements of "The Jetsons" in my lifetime.


Edit: It's my understanding that they are not completely autonomous. There still has to be a certified pilot in control. They may not be physically flying it, but they are at the controls - not unlike a commercial plane being on autopilot. BTW, the pilot certification is something like $250 to take the test and must be renewed every three(?) years. Even the public safety people have to comply, though you (pilot/company/government agency) can apply for exceptions. For example - a power company might need to file an exception to the BVLOS to inspect power lines after a hurricane or tornado because they can't physically get in with trucks.
 
Last edited:
The Jetsons?!! We have enough problems with people in vehicles on the ground! Friday afternoon traffic is people driving like bats out of h#%$ (which I do not miss!!). Don't put those people in flying vehicles! lol if they crash into each other don't do it over my house!
 
(did you know that Uber has an Air Division?). The main theme was Safety. The FAA s working with the industry to make these things happen and I think all the legitimate players agree that safety is the first priority.

I saw a blurb about Uber, but I think they're still a ways off. Drone operation with line of sight with an operator, but flying autonomous drones as big as a man over multiple, variable routes, IMO is a recipe for disaster.
 
@vintagesnaps, @Fujidave and all the others under the weather.I found the cure for what ails you tonight. Take 2/3 cups of real honey, not the watered down crap from the store, and 1/2 cup water. Combine in a small sauce pan and heat over medium heat, stirring frequently. Bring to a simmer for 5 mins. Let it cool then in a mason jar combine honey and 1 1/2 cups of a good 100 proof bourbon. Shake well. Serve warm (not hot), or over ice. Either way two good drinks and you really don't care what ails you.

Edit: In my haste to sample I forgot. Add a touch of real lemon juice to taste, especially if you drink it warm.

Footnote: Be careful on dosing as it's easy to get a wee much, resulting in headaches the next morning.
 
Last edited:
The way some of our neighbors get FedEx we figure they pay for a truck for this area.
I got to 4 or 6 minutes under 28 hours today and good thing I did because I got a call that I don't have to go in tomorrow.
My buddy Benny said there will be a lot of flyers at the field in Livingston tomorrow and I'm going to go see. I put the plane I downloaded the plans for together and flew it as a glider. I think with a motor and electronics it will fly nicely. Benny says he has an FM radio he will give me but that is only part of what's missing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom