The Coffee House

Wow. Crazy people.

That's an awesome vid Smoke! All I can think of is how much water would have gone up my nose. :eek-73:

That's an awesome vid Smoke! All I can think of is how much water would have gone up my nose. :eek-73:

I couldn't find the still image of them just before they hit the the water. It shows them leaning forward, face first. Never did see one of them at the point of contact with the water, so I don't know if they leaned forward to let the helmet take the impact or what. I found a "Splat meter" online, according to it calculating the estimated weight and distance, he would have been traveling at 55 miles per hour when he hit, but that doesn't factor in the increase caused by the flowing water. Helmet or no helmet, that would have been one heck of an impact to absorb. :aiwebs_016:

I couldn't find the still image of them just before they hit the the water. It shows them leaning forward, face first. Never did see one of them at the point of contact with the water, so I don't know if they leaned forward to let the helmet take the impact or what. I found a "Splat meter" online, according to it calculating the estimated weight and distance, he would have been traveling at 55 miles per hour when he hit, but that doesn't factor in the increase caused by the flowing water. Helmet or no helmet, that would have been one heck of an impact to absorb. :aiwebs_016:
Hold my beer and watch this!

Late afternoon again y'all. Finished with something over 35 hours. Will be perhaps the best check so far. Dad and I just returned from a get together to look at the life of my Aunt and Uncle. But mostly a bunch of BS flowing about. Doing the second half of my comics right now.
Then my customary 10 rolls of pennies on Saturday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Hold my beer and watch this!

I've been known to say that on occasion.

Happy Sunday y'all. I did some more mowing. Still PLENTY for Dad to do.
Comics have all been seen.
7 rolls of pennies to attend to.
Need to really be thinking of packing up a bunch of stuff.

@CherylL that stinks. On the positive side if it's as humid there as it is here, you wouldn't find a hike enjoyable anyhow.

It has been unseasonable cool here, but rain almost everyday. There was a festival this weekend that I wanted to attend, but can't walk on uneven ground and sure the place would be a mud hole in the rain.

The knee issue is back. It didn't heal up completely from the Christmas night fall. Used it on vacation and now paying for it. Ortho in a week. Back in Feb/Mar I started a photography wish list on places in the area a day's drive. Most involve a short hike. Have to wait until the knee works and for it to quit raining.

I have knee issues (partially torn meniscus) and have found that stationary bike before any activity really loosened it up.

I do stretches and have a little workout. Haven't been on the rowing machine since the accident. There is popping and grinding going on. Hopefully I will get some answers from the ortho doc. Have to wait another week for my appointment.

To much going on the next two weeks. Just started a project I've been putting off for awhile, doing a painted canvas background. I bought a 9x12 painters canvas drop cloth at Harbor Freight some time ago and just now getting around to the paint. I'm limited on space (Part of the garage so I have A/C), got half of it painted with a flat black base, need to let it dry so I can roll up that part and do the other half. I was lazy and didn't coat it first, so I'm paying for it now. It's not that it's sucking up paint, it just takes longer to roll it on for a good coverage. Not sure if I'll leave it flat black or add some more color in it. Did a test sample with some dark brown and dark green that didn't look bad. Also might try some gray streaks.

Just saw that the H1 Unlimited Hydroplanes are running at Lake Guntersville next weekend. These turbine powered monsters are a cross between a boat and an F22 Raptor, literally flying inches above the water. They run an average of 130 mph, and reach 200 mph on the straightaways over a 2 1/2 mile course. May have to break away for at least a day to go watch for a bit.

Cheryl, sorry the knee is still acting up, I have one that's bad and one that's really bad so I understand the frustration. Had surgery on one of them with no following improvement. I'm almost to the point of being willing to let them replace it but it just seems a bit scary.

Smoke, the hydroplane races sound fun, also a good photo op.

Today was 5.28. Trish wasn't there for some reason but I will have pennies in the truck tomorrow. About 3/4 of the way through my comics online. There was no power (and no coffee) this morning.
Rained pretty hard overnight and until 9:30 or so. Bright sun now.

Cheryl, sorry the knee is still acting up, I have one that's bad and one that's really bad so I understand the frustration. Had surgery on one of them with no following improvement. I'm almost to the point of being willing to let them replace it but it just seems a bit scary.

Smoke, the hydroplane races sound fun, also a good photo op.

Sorry for your knee troubles. My husband had both of his replaced. The 2nd one he waited too long and was a slow recovery, but he is happy he can walk now without pain.

Most reactions

Back