The Coffee House

Another decent quake last night, this one lasted quite a bit longer than the one on the 4th. Had to hold the TV still as it was rockin' pretty good and grabbed the oil hurricane lamp off the bookshelf before it could travel too far. Amazingly enough nothing broke. Had several items barely hanging on the edge of shelves. I feel for the folks in the Ridgecrest area, I saw some vids from their area and they got a pretty good shaking.

The Cats do not like quakes, only one of our four was indifferent to it. They do make you feel a little queasy, not sure if it's an inner ear thing or a low frequency thing but it affects the wife more than me.
Hope any of you further south didn't have any problems.

@Jeff G have a granddaughter in LA, she said it woke her up, shaking the bed. Maybe this is the last of them.

Heard today they expect aftershocks still. Didn't hear about any really bad injuries but there were some fires because of gas lines being damaged I think. Sounds like a lot of people are staying outside; I'm used to weather conditions where if anything you want to get indoors.

@vintagesnaps growing up along the New Madrid fault line, they were pretty regular occurrences. Usually no more then an interesting rumble, though a few caused things to fall off shelves and once when I was outside I saw the ground roll like a wave. That was freaky.

I THINK I'll take a hurricane over an earthquake. Rachel fussed at me because I didn't call her at 5:10 or so. I messaged her about 6:10 saying I wanted on the record I was there at 5am. Mopped and dust mopped and did the bathrooms and ended with around 32 hours for the week.
Got my ugly stick pretty much cut out and glued together as much as I could.
Dealing with yet another PCH email.
And listening to Rockabilly on YouTube.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Well I did something stupid this afternoon, I had my phone in my pocket and didn't know it, then I jumped in the swimming pool. :eek-73: Yes, my swimsuit has pockets, and I always keep my phone in my pocket so out of habit without thinking about it, in it went. I didn't notice the whole time I was in the pool, so an hour later when I take off my suit I finally noticed, instant face palm. :BangHead:

I have been overdue for a new phone for a while, but would have preferred doing it when I was ready. It is now in a bag of rice but it was submerged long enough that I doubt it will be recoverable.:stupid:

Ooops. Bummer, but at least it wasn't a brand new phone.

Got the last of the stuff at my parents' and we are done with that house!! done done done! Why o why didn't they downsize years ago?! lol Lots of little frames all over the house didn't seem like much til ya round 'em all up, popped the pics out of frames to put in photo albums.

I'm beat and besides trying to do this type stuff using a cane, and not a damn chair left I can sit in (perched on the arm of the sofa for a break or two), it was a job! And my shoulder hurts on the weaker side and realized, oh, it was trying to reach up high to get that vintage metal bun warmer thingy (even using a crappy reacher tool that was there!). Shoulda just left it. The realtor/auctioneer will deal with the rest of the furniture and dishes etc. etc.

Then my best friend ran back over to get the last of the larger framed family/ancestor photos etc. and grab a bite and she found a box I overlooked. She said it has old stuff from college days and from what she said, well, this ought to be interesting!

Time after a burger and fries for - ice cream! Thought about a bottle of wine that's been in the fridge for awhile but junk food won out.

Deep question for the the day. Our fingers have fingertips, yet our toes don't have toetips, so how can we tiptoe, but not tipfinger?

@vintagesnaps The wedding was interesting. DW and I both quickly determined that there's very little difference between photographing elderly and kids. No attention span, easily distracted, and no sense of time. Have a ton of shots to edit of which I believe a few turned out okay.

Happy Sunday y'all. At least this part of Tapatalk works. EDC forums won't respond. Got coffee that hasn't been molested. No huge plans for the day.
Considering the move in 4-8 weeks and freaking out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back