The Coffee House

You need a refill. Where ya goin'? have fun!!

I totally do! Headed to Halifax first, then back down to Boston and Newport before back to NY. Seven days. Planning on as little screen time as possible, though of course getting my fix while we are still sitting in the harbor ;) Departure is delayed a bit to wait for a plane that came in late into Newark.

Think you need to wash out your glass. You've got too much city floating near the top of it. :)

Pgriz, haven't seen you in awhile!

Not that into tennis but got to watching some of Wimbledon and a young 15 yr. old defeated Venus Williams. Venus smiled almost like she was the one that won! and congratulated her and the crowd gave Venus a nice acknowledgement/applause as she headed off. The girl who won (nicknamed Coco) afterwards said that was the first time she cried when she won. I imagine it could be somewhat overwhelming to play against and then defeat a veteran player that's inspired her.

I don't think any amount of bourbon hot toddies could have kept me from going to the doctor later today. I don't know when the last time was that I was this sick. I can hardly get up and do anything, up and down all night. Yesterday woke up with one side of my face/eye so swollen I look like somebody socked me. But no, I didn't get in a hockey fight! That side of my nose and that eye has been watering and dripping then went into congestion and is so sore and tender. I hate being sick in hot weather. Not that I enjoy it anytime! but still...
Get better.

You need a refill. Where ya goin'? have fun!!
I totally do! Headed to Halifax first, then back down to Boston and Newport before back to NY. Seven days. Planning on as little screen time as possible, though of course getting my fix while we are still sitting in the harbor ;) Departure is delayed a bit to wait for a plane that came in late into Newark.
Have fun - wish it were me.

Think you need to wash out your glass. You've got too much city floating near the top of it. :)
Yo . . . how ya been?

Eeeeeeeee! eeeeeeeeeeeee! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Is this going to keep up the rest of the afternoon and all night?? Probably. The cable company shows the weather service alerts for everything within like, 100 miles! lol OK not quite that many but it would be nice if they could just show it by county not everything in the tristate area and beyond! lol

I'm watching Lucille Ball movies on TCM, most of which aren't that great but still.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Eeeeeeeee! eeeeeeeeeeeee! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Is this going to keep up the rest of the afternoon and all night?? Probably. The cable company shows the weather service alerts for everything within like, 100 miles! lol OK not quite that many but it would be nice if they could just show it by county not everything in the tristate area and beyond! lol

I'm watching Lucille Ball movies on TCM, most of which aren't that great but still.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Wow, stay safe! We have been on a rinse and repeat with the winds/rain. This has been the summer of storms.

I got a shot in the knee yesterday and some relief! On meds for the swelling and starting therapy next week. Hopefully I can get to my day trip wish list before summer is over. Short hikes and photos hoping.

The cable is beeping about thunderstorms 90 miles east of me, and heading further east. They're covering an awfully big area! The thing is then you get so you just ignore it unless/until you realize it is actually getting close to you, but I guess it's better than not doing notifications.

Hope the shot helps your knee so you can get out and about before too long! There's a good bit of summer left so hopefully you can get in some picture taking.

@vintagesnaps hope you survived the storms last night. Rained here off and on all night, sometimes extremely heavy, but no storms.

I have to make a 6 hr round trip today to help a family member that I'm not looking forward to. The traffic is horrendous and the family member involved is a real PITA but I'm the only one left to help. Going to be a long day for me.

That's a shame for any business/factory but whoa.

We didn't even get a raindrop. I'm not sure why the cable keeps beeping alerts for sometimes 2-3 counties, a good hour and a half away (already east of here and moving on eastward). That's probably why it's getting so annoying, it would make sense if it was heading this way to give plenty of warning.

Today is brown truck, grass cutting, another delivery. I'm way better but not quite a ball of fire and don't really feel like having to put a bunch of stuff away, but then some of it is ice cream so that's some incentive!

Hey y'all. I got all ready to do the Marquee and was told the add runs until tomorrow.
So undid my preparations and got a bit over 5 hours. 15.10 for the week so far.
Wouldn't have gotten rained on doing the Marquee but it is lightly raining in the area right now. Sister and Dad are off somewhere. I had a cheeseburger in the deli waiting on the check. Doing comics online now. Looks dark and ugly out the window....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Did the same thing here, I was dozing off and it started rumbling and getting dark. Did the TV start beeping at me?? no it did not!! lol Stormed awhile then brightened up and looks on the radar like spotted rain/storm clouds still coming. The weather guy said popcorn, I think he meant pop up! lol

The Jim Beam fire made local news, they said they think it might have started due to lightning.

I may not have gotten around to making a bourbon hot toddy but I got Brown Butter Bourbon Pecan ice cream. It's good. I ruined my appetite for dinner (who am I kidding? have chicken thawing).

Popcorn sounds good...

Most reactions

Back