The Coffee House

Yo . . . how ya been?

Yeah, it's me. Decided to pop in and see who's alive, and who's moved on. Had a very hard two years - wife had cancer (now in remission), along with both sister-in-laws who also went through cancer (also both in remission), then the increasingly poor health of my mother (95 years), and her death last Christmas day. Four more relatives (aunt, three uncles) also left this world. Arranging funerals, dealing with estate issues, etc. are not activities that bring smiles. On the plus side, expecting any day now my third grandchild, and my wife is exploring south-east Asia with a good friend. Did the photography honours for a nephew and his lovely wife for their wedding. So the camera equipment still sees use. But not of the type that needs to be publicly exhibited. Life.

At Easter, she and I went for a weekend in Boston, and thoroughly enjoyed being out of reach of urgent phonecalls and the like. Sure, we had our smartphones, but darn, kept on forgetting to check the messages.

So, Lenny, enjoy the cruise, breathe deeply of the maritime air, luxuriate in the company of your partner, and enjoy the chance to get away.

Yo . . . how ya been?

Yeah, it's me. Decided to pop in and see who's alive, and who's moved on. Had a very hard two years - wife had cancer (now in remission), along with both sister-in-laws who also went through cancer (also both in remission), then the increasingly poor health of my mother (95 years), and her death last Christmas day. Four more relatives (aunt, three uncles) also left this world. Arranging funerals, dealing with estate issues, etc. are not activities that bring smiles. On the plus side, expecting any day now my third grandchild, and my wife is exploring south-east Asia with a good friend. Did the photography honours for a nephew and his lovely wife for their wedding. So the camera equipment still sees use. But not of the type that needs to be publicly exhibited. Life.

At Easter, she and I went for a weekend in Boston, and thoroughly enjoyed being out of reach of urgent phonecalls and the like. Sure, we had our smartphones, but darn, kept on forgetting to check the messages.

So, Lenny, enjoy the cruise, breathe deeply of the maritime air, luxuriate in the company of your partner, and enjoy the chance to get away.

I know how it goes. We had a couple of bad years - mom-law, two brothers-in-law passed (MLW's uncle passed just passed over the weekend). Some good things happened, like I'm getting paid, now, and the oldest (in Tulsa, OK) is getting married sometime next year.

Glad you're still hanging around.

An old one but still funny.

Two dogs and a cat have died.
All three are faced with God who wants to know what they believe in.
The first dog says: "I believe in discipline training and loyalty to my master."
"Good, answer" says God. "Then sit down on my right side. To the next dog he asks, what do you believe in?"
The next dog answers: "I believe in the love, care and protection of my master."
"Ah, also a good answer" said God. "You may sit to my left."
Then he looks at the cat and asks, "And what do you believe in?"
The cat answers: "I believe you're sitting in my seat." :biggrin-93:

Sounds like a cat.
A bit beyond 6 hours today.
21.25 for the week so far.
Apparently we get paid extra for today.
She said quote "I need you to git."
There was pressure on the stockers to git as well. It rained pretty hard this morning but had quit by the time I did Marquee.
I told Trish we should get propane tomorrow and that is when she said Got.
Going to do my comics and 5 rolls of pennies and then I'm going to see how many sheets of foam I have. I have a plan to build an acrobatic stick airplane.
If only I could afford all the other stuff needed to finish planes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Yo . . . how ya been?

I'm so sorry, Paul :( :icon_hug: I hope you have many years of good things ahead of you to balance things.

In the meantime, I will indeed breathe deep and focus on brighter horizons.

Back from a few days away hot and tired chat to you all when I have unpacked

Yesterday we had a little earthquake to start the holiday off. Just a little rollin' and shakin' but nothing to worry about. We had to reassure the cats that everything was fine but that was about it.

Afternoon y'all. 6 and a bit today.
Got propane and when I got home I unhooked the 40# tank and went and got it filled. Got 5 more sheets of foam board to experiment with. Plan to create a foam sorta Ugly Stick. About a 27" fuselage and hopefully about a 30" symmetrical wing.
Just need everything else to complete it.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

An octopus on the ice, yeah that's my kind of hockey!

An afternoon of Stanley Cup finals replays and boy, is this bringing back some memories. Forgot about one of our (brief) former players who later was diagnosed with a prior undetected heart condition that cut short his talented playing career. Good to see him win and skate the Cup, that he got to have that experience.

Then going on with hockey trade news etc. there was a tweet by one of our former goalies in quite the 4th of July outfit about how his family doesn't want to be with him dressed like that! lol This was like old home week today.

Yo . . . how ya been?

So very sorry on all of your losses. Seems like it rains it pours. Losing a parent is very difficult. Grandchildren bring new life and new hope into our lives.

Another earthquake. So far no major injuries or damage, but I suppose it's early yet to know for sure. Hope everybody in the area is OK.

Which made me think, it wasn't to bad in LA, they showed the Dodgers game and apparently they kept playing - but I wondered about Gary... Anybody heard from him lately? Too bad he didn't take a break and c'mon back, I'd like it if he did. I miss Gary.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back