What's new

The Coffee House

Storming. Hopefully it will cool things off and not just make it muggy.

Someone scraped the Honda in front of the wheel - not horrible but she's still going to the shop on Monday. I noticed it this morning so it happened a day or two ago.
 
Sheesh. I went to Livingston to get glue and clamping stuff. I got a 2x2x36 piece of metal to clamp down. But 2 inches fits across the bottom just peachy. But 2 upright is too tall. If it ain't one thing it's another. Then at home the subject of roof leaks came up. I got up on the roof to fix where a tarp tore loose (actually two tarps). I'm about tuckered out.
A storm is supposed to go a chore in Louisiana and we're supposed to get some rain on Saturday. Yippee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Storming. Hopefully it will cool things off and not just make it muggy.

Someone scraped the Honda in front of the wheel - not horrible but she's still going to the shop on Monday. I noticed it this morning so it happened a day or two ago.

People are so rude, I bet whoever hit it knew they did it.
 
Ended up with 29.01 hours for the week.
Adjusted the lawnmower and it started right up. It got stuck trying to mow the ditch but did fine once we got it on the driveway. Used our portable band saw to make the 2x2 angle iron a 2x1. It is Right now gluing the joined in the fuselage.
Going to relax, do some pennies and comics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
That's a bummer Charlie. Why can't these peeps scratch a car when it's old, I hate the first scratch/ding on a new car...

I'm getting loopy. My parents' house already has a sale pending, but we can't get away from just one more thing... in the auction that's scheduled I saw in the pictures an old record player that only plays 45s and some big band records (which were apparently buried in the basement). So sure, I can get those, but then they called back and there are 3 boxes in the kitchen of personal stuff. Arghhh... what else can it be??!!! I thought we got all that kind of stuff..... :miserable: I'm taking along garbage bags and hopefully it can go in the trash for pickup. I thought we were done but it's a variation of the Groundhog Day movie..... :icon_crazy:
 
I feel for you @vintagesnaps, when we cleaned out my parents house (a big 2 story farmhouse with full basement), and the remainder of what was in the barns, we brought back a semi trailer stuffed full, plus had a huge auction, that lasted all day. The stuff that came back sat in the warehouse packed away in big wooden storage crates. We'd unpack one every so often, sort the things we wanted to keep, sell what we didn't, and throw away the rest, finally got rid of the last one after 10 years. LOL
 
We got a real good cantaloupe from Delmarva last weekend. Tomorrow we're heading to Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
 
A barn! oh Smoke, thank goodness they're in the 'burbs and there's no barn!! They do have a big two story. And they took stuff! and so did we!! If stuff doesn't sell I was thinking today we could go in with wheelbarrows, no, a snowplow! lol

I did end up with - tintypes!! I have to show them to my dad, other pictures I recognize but I don't know who these people are! lol

Sounds fun Charlie! Just looked it up, they have online shopping! I like places like that.
 
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Where ya headed?
We want to check out Kauffman's at Bird in Hand.
Nice! That's such a cute area with lots of great little places. I was just down that way last week.

If I remember correctly, on the same road about 1-1.5 miles west, there's also a Bird-in-Hand Farmers Market, which I visited probably 2 years ago. Cute place and good food. :)
 
A barn! oh Smoke, thank goodness they're in the 'burbs and there's no barn!!

That was "barns", plural as in 3 to be exact. Fortunately they were mostly empty as we'd already had big equipment auction a couple years prior. The basement was the depository for the remainder of items from my grandmother's and great aunt's house, so there was a mess to deal with. Being 7 hrs away didn't help matters. To be honest a lot of what we brought back we shouldn't have, but those things we couldnt decide on and the boxes of pictures, mementos, etc. that would have eaten up our time went on the truck, for sorting through later.
 
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Where ya headed?
We want to check out Kauffman's at Bird in Hand.
Nice! That's such a cute area with lots of great little places. I was just down that way last week.

If I remember correctly, on the same road about 1-1.5 miles west, there's also a Bird-in-Hand Farmers Market, which I visited probably 2 years ago. Cute place and good food. :)
Thanks - we'll check it out. It's been a while since I was in that area.
 
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Where ya headed?
We want to check out Kauffman's at Bird in Hand.
Nice! That's such a cute area with lots of great little places. I was just down that way last week.

If I remember correctly, on the same road about 1-1.5 miles west, there's also a Bird-in-Hand Farmers Market, which I visited probably 2 years ago. Cute place and good food. :)
Thanks - we'll check it out. It's been a while since I was in that area.

Last time we were in that area there was a “microburst” that was terrifying. I still think it was a tornado ! Scariest 10 minutes of my life - parked on the highway while it passsed over us, couldn’t see the car that was just 2 ft in front, was just about to have the kids get down on the floor of the car when it started to let up. Enjoyed the sights there after that but have had a new respect for the weather ever since.
 
Happy Saturday y'all. I don't like it because it hurts my check. But my Sister loves that I get a day off. Finished the joiner floor in the Frankenstick fuselage. Glued the tail feathers into place. Going to see about wing mounting and cutting a hatch or two.
No big plans for the day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom