The Coffee House

Well I did something stupid this afternoon, I had my phone in my pocket and didn't know it, then I jumped in the swimming pool. :eek-73: Yes, my swimsuit has pockets, and I always keep my phone in my pocket so out of habit without thinking about it, in it went. I didn't notice the whole time I was in the pool, so an hour later when I take off my suit I finally noticed, instant face palm. :BangHead:

I have been overdue for a new phone for a while, but would have preferred doing it when I was ready. It is now in a bag of rice but it was submerged long enough that I doubt it will be recoverable.:stupid:

not one of the newer “waterproof” phones?

What are you planning on getting? I need a new phone. Probably an iPhone so it can synchronize with my iPad Pro.

@SquarePeg probably going to get a Moto Z4. I tend to go a long time between phones, I try to see which ones look like they have the most longevity to them while still having the features I like.

I definitely have longevity in phones, Nokia came out with a newer version of mine that I realized is 15+ years old! Took that long to quit working.

Yesterday wore me out. My brother said can I let the realtor know we're done and I said after tonight yes! and there was great rejoicing. We kind of worked at different times in and out, he left to go to church etc. Of course he was back over there looking in boxes labelled trucks so he might have been there awhile.

When we cleaned out the in-laws house it was a nightmare, they were serious hoarders, no joke, who has 5 one gallon jugs of Windex and never cleans their windows? I feel for you Sharon.

Well I did something stupid this afternoon, I had my phone in my pocket and didn't know it, then I jumped in the swimming pool. :eek-73: Yes, my swimsuit has pockets, and I always keep my phone in my pocket so out of habit without thinking about it, in it went. I didn't notice the whole time I was in the pool, so an hour later when I take off my suit I finally noticed, instant face palm. :BangHead:

I have been overdue for a new phone for a while, but would have preferred doing it when I was ready. It is now in a bag of rice but it was submerged long enough that I doubt it will be recoverable.:stupid:

What are you planning on getting? I need a new phone. Probably an iPhone so it can synchronize with my iPad Pro.
My “water resistant” iPhone 7 is good for up to 3-feet and 30 minutes, according to Apple. It’s lasted a drop in the tub when the toddler smacked it out of my hand.

re: synchronizing, I highly recommend it. It’s great to be able to sync shots between the iPad and iPhone while on vacation or out and about. And Snapseed works great on the iPhone!

My “water resistant” iPhone 7 is good for up to 3-feet and 30 minutes, according to Apple. It’s lasted a drop in the tub when the toddler smacked it out of my hand.

re: synchronizing, I highly recommend it. It’s great to be able to sync shots between the iPad and iPhone while on vacation or out and about. And Snapseed works great on the iPhone!

Yes the syncing is great for photo access! I’m not crazy about my iPhone but I need it for FaceTime when I travel and it comes in handy to keep track of Princess using the find my iPhone feature with her iTunes info (shhhhhh). So will probably buy another one... prices are insane right now though so holding out as long as I can.

Cute puppy pic
E63DC38C-C6DE-4561-83EE-F099EAF29E4A.jpeg

That IS a cute pup!
Another Funday Monday.
Trish did over an hour as a checkout person because whoever was scheduled to be there wasn't. I got 5.23 hours today.
Got a light working in the deli steam table.
Mopped around Jodi's office because she asked me too. About to do my comics online. Then 3 more rolls to finish a box I'll sell tomorrow. I have a sorta Ugly Stick just about built. Just have to get some glue and some clamping stuff to have the fuselage.
Made a wing and tail feathers. Got to find out if I can send a money order for electronics...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Wednesday was a hoot. Fixed one of the meat department meat racks. One of the casters had a bent shaft. Got it fairly straight and beat it back into place.
Checks weren't ready at noon. I was going to get glue and clamping stuff bit do not feel like going out again. The sun is shining bright and humidity is pretty high.
About to do my comics online.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

@smoke To be fair it said nothing in the pool's instuctions about not driving with children in it. It is incredible just how dense the general public is becoming, sometimes it seems like this kind of behavior is becoming the norm rather than the exception.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back