What's new

The Coffee House

Getting close to home; the trip was nice, except for spots of heavy traffic. We got some peaches, tomatoes, jam and honey. We took a side trip to Hershey. I love that the air smells like chocolate.
 
Getting close to home; the trip was nice, except for spots of heavy traffic. We got some peaches, tomatoes, jam and honey. We took a side trip to Hershey. I love that the air smells like chocolate.
Glad to hear you had a good trip! Also happy to hear you stopped by Hershey. Growing up in the area, I always loved going through Hershey to smell chocolate and to see the streetlights.
 
Many years ago spent a lot of time in Hershey area. Interesting place.

Tried for several days to find a mobile detail service to come out and wash and wax the 5th wheel. Most just said no, only one gave me a price of $400, which I would have gladly paid, but haven't heard from him since. Gave up and started the project myself. It's not that hard but I'm not as young as I once was 2-3 hrs in the heat does me in. At that rate should complete it in less then week.
 
The scent of chocolate in the air... the streets must be full of people just driving around with the windows down!

After the auctioneer called that there were 3 boxes of personal stuff at the parents' house (couldn't think what we left that we'd need to get), my brother stopped and made quick work of it, they all went to the curb! lol There were valuable items like homemade tapes of TV shows, etc. And of course no VCR player. We were saying we think we're done and it sucks us back in! Now to get the old record player that needs a part, related to the tone arm? have it written down somewhere... And the records that I think are 78s, there's nothing that goes together!
 
Happy Tuesday y'all.
5 more hours and a trifle for 10.14 for the week so far. The weather is warm and humid. Still on a Rockabilly kick on YouTube. Selling a box of pennies to the store tomorrow. Later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Here goes the TV again, eeeeeh! eeeeeeeeeh! Thunderstorm warnings a little north of me. The notifications are good but maybe a tone that didn't set my teeth on edge would be nice. Hopefully the storms won't be too bad, it is getting a little darker.
 
I hope the storms ended quickly, Sharon. We just had hot.
So, Smoke, the issue with LR has ended - that's good to hear.

I want at least one of my Coffee House peeps to go out and shoot something for the July Sm4him Photo Challenge. The theme is End or Ending. Come on, now. you know you really want to.
 
Temperature here yesterday was hot but there was a nice breeze most of the day that made it bearable. Worked outside yesterday morning waxing on the RV, till it was break time. Then went back yesterday evening and almost overdid it. The nice breeze that kept things bearable suddenly quit, what a difference, had to quit.
 
We made a quick weekend trip to the grandson's 1st birthday party. I had my camera ready to take photos at the party, indoor rec center with the 35mm. They had a photographer lined up for their family photo later, but that person cancelled. Good thing she called me before we left and I grabbed a crate and the 56mm. Did a quick session that evening of the 3 of them. By that evening my knee was hurting and we only walked a little way down the path by the lake.
 
We're expecting the thermometer to hit 101 F (38.3 C), this weekend, as far up as southern Maine. Yep, Summer is here and is carrying a very large sledge hammer.
 
Supposed to get into the 90's here this weekend, not so hot today but rain off and on just making it steamy. All I have going on is another trip over to my parents' house and hope that's it! To get a record player that only plays 45s and some big band records, and check around and make sure there's nothing else.
 
Sharon was always a lot of fun. She's why I'm 'the other'. Glad to have gotten to know her.
 
I hope the storms ended quickly, Sharon. We just had hot.
So, Smoke, the issue with LR has ended - that's good to hear.

I want at least one of my Coffee House peeps to go out and shoot something for the July Sm4him Photo Challenge. The theme is End or Ending. Come on, now. you know you really want to.

I will try to come up with something.
 
I hope the storms ended quickly, Sharon. We just had hot.
So, Smoke, the issue with LR has ended - that's good to hear.

I want at least one of my Coffee House peeps to go out and shoot something for the July Sm4him Photo Challenge. The theme is End or Ending. Come on, now. you know you really want to.

I will try to come up with something.
And I, yours. ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom