What's new

The Coffee House

Last night had the 'Sheep Thrills' wine, it was pretty darn good! Somewhere in the mountains of Italy people are tending vineyards and sheep for the good of buying wine with your groceries.
 
Hey coffee house hosers. We've had a whirlwind summer over here...I'm currently outside of Rolla, MO visiting my cousin, which was the third stop on our cross country trek this summer. We started off in Pittsburgh and then in Chicago, and we're heading home tomorrow. Hopefully, we can make it in 2 days.

I've realized on this trip that there is beauty everywhere -- my cousin's husband is from MO, and he has taken us to the most beautiful places. We've swam in pristine creeks, paddled canoes through high cliffs and by flood plains, and we've hiked to natural springs and bridges. I had no idea what to expect, but I think we're going to have to come back here next summer.

I did bring my camera, but I'm bad at taking it out. I'll have to see if I can find some good pictures to share.
 
Hey coffee house hosers. We've had a whirlwind summer over here...I'm currently outside of Rolla, MO visiting my cousin, which was the third stop on our cross country trek this summer. We started off in Pittsburgh and then in Chicago, and we're heading home tomorrow. Hopefully, we can make it in 2 days.

I've realized on this trip that there is beauty everywhere -- my cousin's husband is from MO, and he has taken us to the most beautiful places. We've swam in pristine creeks, paddled canoes through high cliffs and by flood plains, and we've hiked to natural springs and bridges. I had no idea what to expect, but I think we're going to have to come back here next summer.

I did bring my camera, but I'm bad at taking it out. I'll have to see if I can find some good pictures to share.

Beautiful area. I'd like to visit Meramac State Park. Rolla is the 1/2 way point to visit my daughter.
 
@JonA_CT having spent the first 28 years of my life in Swampeast Mo, I can tell you that part of the state is no place to be in the summer. However there are some much more attractive places in the state.
 
Last edited:
@JonA_CT Hope you do find some pics. Would love to see them. Beautiful part of the country.

Most of my in-laws side was from around the Marceline area. Northern part of the state, but we ventured to many other places while down there. Enjoyed our stay, no matter what season. Unfortunately, they've all passed and haven't been down that way in 15 years?
 
Hey coffee house hosers. We've had a whirlwind summer over here...I'm currently outside of Rolla, MO visiting my cousin, which was the third stop on our cross country trek this summer. We started off in Pittsburgh and then in Chicago, and we're heading home tomorrow. Hopefully, we can make it in 2 days.

I've realized on this trip that there is beauty everywhere -- my cousin's husband is from MO, and he has taken us to the most beautiful places. We've swam in pristine creeks, paddled canoes through high cliffs and by flood plains, and we've hiked to natural springs and bridges. I had no idea what to expect, but I think we're going to have to come back here next summer.

I did bring my camera, but I'm bad at taking it out. I'll have to see if I can find some good pictures to share.
Safe trip back.
 
Hi Hosers! haven't done much shooting or online posting since the balloon festival. Coaching Princess’s summer softball team, training the new puppy, busy at work and trying to keep cool in all this heat! It’s been a fast summer so far - it’s been too hot for the beach or for more than a few minutes in the pool. Princess got her drivers license on Saturday. She’s been hogging the car all week while she takes one unnecessary car ride after another lol. The good news is now I don’t have to go the grocery store or the drugstore or pick up our Chinese food
 
Hi all 32 deg c here @ time of post. To hot to do photography as iam melting on the camera . Hope all out there are ok
 
What a relief this morning as Sadie and I took our morning walk in pleasant 55 degree temperature. Currently 74 headed to a high of 80. Our reprieve won't last long as the temperatures start rising again by the weekend
 
E7994469-530A-4863-9F75-81A5A8793D54.webp
Still hot, even this manaquin had ideas about cooling down
 
Looks like she's ready to pull the fire alarm, she must be hot! (Where is this anyway?)

OK I watched it again (2001 A Space Odyssey) and still don't get the ending. From what the TCM host said I guess it was supposed to be a mystery as to what it meant, neither Arthur Clarke or Stanley Kubrick would give an explanation. I get that this monolith thingy sent a signal to Jupiter, so Dave ends up taking a '60s psychedelic trip there, becomes an old man and evolves into a new being/lifeform; but I don't get the 18th century room, knocking over the glass, etc.

I like mysteries that I can't figure out til the end of the book, but then you do find out who dunnit.
 
Hey coffee house hosers. We've had a whirlwind summer over here...I'm currently outside of Rolla, MO visiting my cousin, which was the third stop on our cross country trek this summer. We started off in Pittsburgh and then in Chicago, and we're heading home tomorrow. Hopefully, we can make it in 2 days.

I've realized on this trip that there is beauty everywhere -- my cousin's husband is from MO, and he has taken us to the most beautiful places. We've swam in pristine creeks, paddled canoes through high cliffs and by flood plains, and we've hiked to natural springs and bridges. I had no idea what to expect, but I think we're going to have to come back here next summer.

I did bring my camera, but I'm bad at taking it out. I'll have to see if I can find some good pictures to share.
Missouri is beautiful! I have family there answer spent a lot of summers as a kid doing those exact things. We hiked and camped around the Ozarks, too. Gorgeous countryside. Hope you did get a few shots to share. :)
 
'Coffee House Hosers', Jon we could be a softball team, that would look good on jerseys.
 
I'll have to sort through the card for real, but I grabbed these last night. Not bad for being early and using the "kit" lens for the X-T2. (Stitched together three landscape shots). 18mm @ 4000 ISO, 13 second exposure for each shot.

missourinight.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom